RC poster

Finally got to drive my truck for real...

scoped out a decent spot not so far away from home, got a bit of driving in. Brought a couple 3-series hump batteries and did a little exploring with my bone stock Telluride. Drove it everywhere, never picked it up. Couldn't really get any action shots since I was at it alone but here's some pics of the terrain...

Tarmac warmup... nice and open

Off onto the trail found a little water

Further in. Some nice stretches of wide dirt

More open area with some looser dirt, got to test the range a bit

Nice little jump spot, hit a few times with mixed results :P

RC poster

more pics...

After battery swap, different area. Bit more rugged but still doable

Found some structures to drive in...

Ready to explore indeed!

Tarmac again to wind down the battery before leaving

Results... a very dirty truck! Definitely need some cleanup.

Overall the truck did very well. I was surprised how long the batteries held out and I was able to drive the whole time. Did a bit of climbing and drifting around which was a lot of fun. I may try this spot again at some point and try to get some action shots or video.

I do plan on going brushless eventually when this motor dies out, but it's still working very well. I didn't encounter any issues on this outing.

RC Qualifier
    Great photos and descriptions. I have a heavily modified slash 4x4 but want something to get my son into. I can't let my 12 year old drive mine 50mph down neighborhood streets! This truck seems perfect. Lots of fun, and room to upgrade!! I enjoyed your drive!! Nice to see the foliage change up in your area. Few more weeks for us!!

RC Racer
    Awesome places you went! Nice pics

Wow cool pictures! Threads like this makes me happy to see the the Telluride being used for what it was meant to.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    Thanks for all the nice pics! How are the s1 tires doing?
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC poster
    Tires look good, everything holding together so far. Traction seems just fine even across packed dirt. Really easy to correct when oversteer occurs, but I probably have to credit the 4WD or limited power of the Titan for that...

Whole truck is a bit dusty now since I hit the same area earlier today, but different spot. Didn't get any pics but I had another good mixture of tarmac, dirt and former wetland to bash around on. Got some MEGA drifts in at the end of a dirt driveway which spilled out onto the tarmac. You'll have to take my word for it I guess but turning hard on exit and a bit into the drift and the truck would sail right across the entire width of the road on full throttle. Pretty killer... lots of dust flying!

I'll get some more pics and hopefully some video when I get more time.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by EXCellR8 View Post
    I'll get some more pics and hopefully some video when I get more time.
    I greatly appreciate that, thank you!
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Racer
    Very scenic pictures you got there seems like a great place to bash! The more I see that orange colour the more its becoming my favourite- if I were to get one it'd def be orange.

But do yourself a favour and get some LiPo batteries, made a night/day difference in my MERV so should be big improvements for your Telluride