Thread: diff question

RC poster

Lightbulb diff question

I have an emaxx I've installed tru trac in the rear , cvd's , Big Joe tires after running the other day the rear wheels stop moving just the front just spinning I think I blew the diff out ? Any suggestions on an upgrade diff

RC Qualifier
    I would check the center driveshaft first, as far as diff upgrades the best option is going with FLM hybrid diffs.

RC Champion
    Are u running 6s? And was yours brushless from the start, not converted? If yes to both, NFS is right on.
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv

RC Qualifier
    Check the little grub screws to make sure it didn't come out of one of the drive cups. There is also a little tiny pin inside of the red ring with the Traxxas Steel CVDs that could have came out

RC poster
    Yeah I checked the cvd first but when I turn the wheels I can feel a slight stutter plus the opposite wheel don't turn! Its a brushless I just running 3s at current time flm hybrids how pullet proof are they ?

RC poster
    [IMG]emaxx 2[/IMG] my maxx

RC Champion
    If u don't plan on running 6s, just get the hd diffs from traxxas. U shouldn't have any issues on 4s, esp 3s. I run 5s with no issues for over a year now. You may want to see if the diffs need shims and that ur bearings are ok.
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv

RC Qualifier
    And in you want a bullet proof diff ( I run 6s and a CC1717 for 3 years in mine NO ISSUE AT ALL) LST2 DIFF is ONE good solution!

Fred
    3906 CC 1717 / MMM GA 7075 UE Khead LST2 DIFF

RC poster
    Thanks for the tips guys I will be buying LST2 DIFF

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NFS View Post
    I would check the center driveshaft first, as far as diff upgrades the best option is going with FLM hybrid diffs.
    I've been having a hard time getting a front center driveshaft to properly fit my EMBE and FLM ULtimate bulks. The pinion for the diff input is 5mm (6mm on the tranny) and the distance between tranny and diff is slightly tighter than a stock setup. I can fit the traxxas center cvds, but they are too tight in front, and I cannot get the front cup to grip the pinion properly. What are you using for center driveshaft? Is yours a 3908 emaxx or another version?

Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Mine is 3908 emaxx FLM chassis with flm bulks at front i have traxxas cvd on rear I have FLM dogbone..before i had flm dogbone at front but the cup got loose and lost both parts.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

RC Qualifier
    Red lock tite on those grub screws
    3906 CC 1717 / MMM GA 7075 UE Khead LST2 DIFF

RC poster
    Lock-tite'd to the maxx already... Gonna try a set of 5mm drive cups.

Anyone ever able to get a LST2 diff into an FLM ultimate bulk? I ordered a LOSB 3534 ring gear and it will not fit. Should it? Any idea if this is the same gear on the Losb3529 fully assembled diff?

RC Qualifier
    The LST diff fit with regular FLM bulks, with some mods, for the hybrids look at the Ofna hyper 7