RC poster

Traction Rolling Advice Needed

Hi Everyone,

First off I know this might seem crazy and have a simple solution but I've been driving myself crazy and don't really want to drive the car anymore with how much it flips so I had to post something.

I recently purchased a set of bandito 1/8 premounts and I can not for the life of me get the car to stop traction rolling. I never had this issue with any of the suprasales tires so the easy answer would be to just put aside the banditos but I bought 2 sets at the same time since they had got such great reviews in the SCT version, so I'd like to get them to work. They have a lot of traction because it wheelies like crazy now which never happened with the suprasales tires.

My rally is well set up in my opinion, it has;
    mm2 2650kv running 3s running 18/54 slipper clutch
    gtr shocks with losi springs stiffest ones on and variable dampening kit
    all aluminum bits, towers, hubs, carriers, except for the rear since I have the tekno driveshafts
    Stiff sway bars front and rear

Car has a handful of other parts but I think that's what matters in terms of handling. I don't even have to go fast to get this thing to flip if I turn hard left and then right it just rolls.

Anyone have these tires in the 1/8 version and have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

RC Racer
    They might slide a little better once worn in, also drop the chassis height a little to lower the center of gravity.
    ------
    Team RCE Slash 4x4 (x5)

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by thinkcooper View Post
    They might slide a little better once worn in, also drop the chassis height a little to lower the center of gravity.
    Thanks for the reply, I have the car set up so its as low as possible and I've run 4 - 6 packs with the tires and it does seem to be getting slightly better. Right now I have the rear tight to try and promote slide which it does off throttle but as soon as the throttle is on it tries to 3 wheel and then ultimately flip.

Any suggestions on camber/toe settings?

RC Racer
    My go to setting for my TRCE chassis track prepped slash 4x4 is basically this:

Camber
    front 2 degrees
    rear 1 degree

Toe out front
    +1 degree on each wheel for a total of 2

Ride height
    Arms ~level on all four corners

I'm running 35 weight front shocks, 45 weight rear. Stiff springs in rear, medium stiff springs up front. Lightest possible setting on sway up front, 1mm inset in rear.

Center diff 60k
    Front diff 30k
    Rear diff 10k

I'm building a Rally now on te same cassis platform, and will start with these same numbers for camber, toe-in, but go very stiff springs/shock oil/sways, very very low ride height, and softer diff fluids.
    Last edited by thinkcooper; 10-17-2013 at 09:43 AM.
    ------
    Team RCE Slash 4x4 (x5)

RC Champion
    Maybe adding some negative camber would keep the outside of the tire from gripping in a turn, keeping you from rolling. I'm not sure though.

Perhaps those tires do just have too much grip for what you want. I have some different slicks for my cars, and I prefer the ones with a little less grip. The grippier ones don't let me throw the car around and drift like I want.

RC Racer
    Jws1982's advice is solid. Negative camber will reduce side bite in the rear.
    ------
    Team RCE Slash 4x4 (x5)

RC Qualifier
    The main problem is the extra grip you're getting from the Banditos. The suprasales tires are a much harder compound and don't have as much grip. So in corners, the suprasales tires break free and slide, rather than stay planted and tip your vehicle. You may just need to save the Banditos for colder days where they will have less grip.

RC poster
    Thanks for the responses everyone, I will give the suspension suggestions a try and if that doesn't work out grab another set of tires. I prefer the car to drift but I was going through the suprasales very quickly so I wanted to give something else a try.

RC Champion
    You can adjust the roll center as well. Get the chassis less aggressive in the corner's.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Champion
    You could also try reducing the amount of steering throw lock to lock.

RC poster
    Thanks for the tips guys, I changed up the camber a bit and went to the outer bolts on the steering blocks. These combined have made the car a ton of fun. All the time driving when it was very sensitive to rolling I think helped with my driving. Now that its set up properly I find I can go even faster than before and have a lot more control.

You guys renewed my fun in the car I went out and bought a rally roller as my stock motor/esc needed a home, so I figured why not.

RC Champion
    You could either use fuel line in the shocks or use XO-1 shock towers to lower it too.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Loosen your slipper. Just try it...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

The Bandito is an excellent tire. I have the short course version and love them. I have a thread in the Slash 4x4 forum on them. I am happy you solved your problem. Could you please post pictures of the car?
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    The Bandito is an excellent tire. I have the short course version and love them. I have a thread in the Slash 4x4 forum on them. I am happy you solved your problem. Could you please post pictures of the car?
    Your thread is the reason I went with the tires. Now that I've got the suspension and everything dialed I absolutely love them.

Here is a picture of my car and my truck.

I have a protoform body for it as well but I have the standard length arms so it looks funny.