RC poster

Slash driving issue

Hi. We recently upgraded batteries to the 5,000 from the stock 3,000. Ran it a few times and now the controller only controls the steering and the truck won't drive forward or backward.

Any thoughts on the issue?

Thanks,

RC Qualifier
    I'd double check all your connections on your reciever first. And I'm assuming your still using the stock transmitter?

RC poster
    Thanks, we'll check that out. Yes. stock transmitter.

RC Qualifier
    a little more info is really needed what ESC What Radio the Receiver what kind of battery was it in Lipo Mode or is it in Lipo Mode

Quote Originally Posted by octraxxasdad View Post
    Hi. We recently upgraded batteries to the 5,000 from the stock 3,000. Ran it a few times and now the controller only controls the steering and the truck won't drive forward or backward.

Any thoughts on the issue?

Thanks,
    Anza Slash & a pile of Parts

RC poster
    skye. We are running everything stock out of the box except for upgrading the battery. If we accidentially put the car in lipo mode, would you expect the kind of behavior it is showing?

RC Qualifier
    Last edited by skye; 10-17-2013 at 01:56 PM.
    Anza Slash & a pile of Parts

RC Champion
    is it the xl-5/cheaper version or the vxl brushless version?

if its the xl-5.take the motor out and put the motor leads into the battery terminal to see if the motor spins.if it dosent then the motor is the cuase of the problem.if it dosnt then it is the esc since the battery and motor are good.

vxl not sure on that right now....but never hook up a brushless motor directly to the battery
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Qualifier
    Correct me if I'm wrong but if it was in lipo mode then only the steering would work on a low charge? And if the battery had a full charge everything would work properly even though it was in lipo mode.

RC Champion
    it would work properly for a short time. nimh's voltage dip's alot more then lipo. so if you got into a situation where you needed the amps from the nimh and the voltage droped far enought it would trip the cut off and then you would have to reset the esc and go out of lipo mode
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Enthusiast
    Did the truck smell like something was burning when it stopped working? if so the motor burned out from to much amps for the gear ratio you have. Oh and do you know if its a brushless vxl or brushed xl5 good way to know is if the motor has 3 wires (brushless ) or 2 (brushed).
    it wont let me post a list of my trucks here....