RC Enthusiast

i got a funny car ?

i have a funnycar its s blast!!!!! i did a little reading about the motor and esc it looks like a castle mamba max pro 2400kv right?? As Fast as that car runs im thinking that be a great combo for a slash 4x4!!! The velineon 3500 brusless is a good system and i was getting the front end up abit so i thought id try a pro max combo to see if it kicked butt like the funnycar will but it slowed it down so i tryed a bigger pinon gear i it didnt help much.I have a field card n i hooked it up to the pro max esc an changed a few settings it didnt help much!! So any u guys have exp with the pro max combo and have any suggestions before i take it out and put the 3500 back in would be great!!

RC Qualifier
    Are you running 3s ? I have a Slash 4x4 with the 2400 in it and you have to use 3s or even better 4s to get the most out of it. With a 23T pinion and stock spur on 3s it is way faster than the Velineon system with absolutely no heat issues.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekoz68 View Post
    Are you running 3s ? I have a Slash 4x4 with the 2400 in it and you have to use 3s or even better 4s to get the most out of it. With a 23T pinion and stock spur on 3s it is way faster than the Velineon system with absolutely no heat issues.
    yeah i put a 4s 50c in right away the spur is 50 and a 20t pinion and its slow 45 mph maybe! Did you or do have too set the esc up?

RC Enthusiast
    the funny car is a couple of lbs lighter as well. that helps it get motivating thats for surelol i had an et-3s in our tc3 switched to a pro with everything else the same and it picked up 7 mph. not sure why

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jon v View Post
    yeah i put a 4s 50c in right away the spur is 50 and a 20t pinion and its slow 45 mph maybe! Did you or do have too set the esc up?
    I didn't set the ESC up, other than just installing it right out of the box and calibrating it to the radio, I didn't change any default settings. I only run 3S and it has incredible low&top end power! I have never speed tested it, but on 4S you should be faster than 45mph-- another forum member, El Sob, runs 4S and I believe 22/50 gearing and goes 79mph so something is up with your setup

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    The funny car esc is 3s max though, right?
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Champion
    Yeah, et3s is 3s max.

RC poster
    Its called not a car,Its a scale car model.

RC poster
    I am not sure what that means?

Quote Originally Posted by mikekoz68 View Post
    I didn't set the ESC up, other than just installing it right out of the box and calibrating it to the radio, I didn't change any default settings. I only run 3S and it has incredible low&top end power! I have never speed tested it, but on 4S you should be faster than 45mph-- another forum member, El Sob, runs 4S and I believe 22/50 gearing and goes 79mph so something is up with your setup
    You are correct, my friend! But as stated the Traxxas version of the MMP is only good to 3s. His esc may be in some kind of protection mode. I guarantee that that motor with a standard MMP would be a LOT faster than that.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM