Thread: Crashes

RC Enthusiast

Crashes

After i hit a curb or something with my slash the car doesnt track straight. So i have to adjust the steering trim on the controller. I seem to have to do this every time i crash. Now it seems like my car is loosing some of its turning radius on one side, because i have to over compensate with the trim to make it straight. Nothing on my car is bent or broken so my question is what do i need to look at to fix this?

Did the steering servo saver let go or jump a notch?
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Champion
    has your front toe angle changed?
    and do you have aluminum caster blocks?

to get you full steering back just senter the servo and reset your end points.....but if your front casters are bent then that would be the problem right there...the casters dont take much abuse before they drage your steering down
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Turn the car on, set the steering trim to center, unscrew the servo saver, pull it off the servo, reinstall the servo saver so that the tires are pointing as straight as possible, adjust steering trim until the truck runs exactly straight... That is unless you damaged the saver, in which case you could pick up a Kimborough 124 saver...

He said nothing is bent, reod.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    ^^^ i did miss that

if all else check to see if the tire rods are the same lenght when you have things apart
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by mustbenu View Post
    After i hit a curb or something with my slash the car doesnt track straight. So i have to adjust the steering trim on the controller. I seem to have to do this every time i crash. Now it seems like my car is loosing some of its turning radius on one side, because i have to over compensate with the trim to make it straight. Nothing on my car is bent or broken so my question is what do i need to look at to fix this?
    I had the bell crank pivot point pop out of place once and caused the truck to pull hard to one side.
    Last edited by fixitfrank; 10-17-2013 at 10:41 AM.

RC Qualifier
    that happens to my sons car all the time, we just pop it back in and all is good -
    Quote Originally Posted by fixitfrank View Post
    I had the bell crank pivot point pop out of place once and caused the truck to pull hard to one side.
    Let's Get Dangerous - "DWD"

RC Qualifier
    you need to center servo saver

I dont run a servo saver, on the track its just one more thing creating play in the steering.
    With the stock plastic geared servo this can be an issue, you may want to carry a $2,99 rebuild kit.
    I chose the metal geared servo route, futba makes one with near exact service specks and price as the stock 2075, its the 3305 and does a fine job at keeping the rig in a stock spec class.
    With the exception of the specy s6040 their all I run.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    I run this one with just the Servo horn in aluminum and have no servo saver

http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SC0252...avsc0252mg.htm

Last edited by skye; 10-20-2013 at 10:10 AM.
    Anza Slash & a pile of Parts

Quote Originally Posted by fixitfrank View Post
    +. Happens all the time. Nothing will look bent, but the truck will pull hard to one direction. Check where the bellcranks sit into the bottom of the main chassis. More than likely the screw head has popped out.

RC Racer
    This was a standard problem for me. Once I picked up the RPM Front Skid, the bellcranks sit on "posts" on the skid and eliminates the screws. So far so good. Would provide a link but not sure if after market products on Traxxas board is kosher.

Just google rpmrcproducts.com and search. For those that are interested.