RC Qualifier

Hobby Wing 35A-SL with 4000KV

What do y'all think of this setup? What should I pay for a Rally with this? Also has swelled 3s and HPI TF-40 radio system. Tires are stock and bald.
    http://houston.craigslist.org/tag/4131845121.html is it. Price is right?

RC Competitor
    a swelled 3s is a no never used a lipo batt that has swelled as soon as you charge it proof it up in flames and you or you home. no to the batt about 185.00 no higher just cause if the batt swelled could be something wrong with the esc and the price you might have pay for a new one.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, I figured on the battery... The battery connector is undone on esc though so I figure 190 with the lipo charer/discharger.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I am not so sure on the 35a ESC either... I know my 60 amp kept up with my MERV on 2S, but it was not enough for 3S running without major gear changes.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Well Jimmie, I have a confession: It's one of the ones I just got in my Summit trade... Next time i am listening to you.... The wiring came undone today... Check out the gallery for more pics. it ran 3S pretty good, but then it turned right and I didn't hear anything...

RC Champion
    I have that same esc in my mini Slash and it's very under powered.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Qualifier
    I feel HobbyWing is knock off junk... I am trying to decide should I sell this Rally or not...I will never purchase Hobbywing stuff for me, I will stick to the well, well, well known brands of Castle, Traxxas and a few more.

RC Champion
    Yeah...This esc was given to me...so I tried it out. Just plain weak.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Qualifier
    I now understand why it was given to you, I was out by your are the other day in Baytown. That was the last time I used my Summit Anyways I guess I will just have a roller for a long time then... Maybe a Christmas upgrade?