RC poster

can i use one TQi controller for 2 cars?

i have a rustler vxL and im gettin another traxxas car with a tqi and on the rustler im usin the ipod and all so on my new car do i use the rustlers controller with iPod? or do i use new controller and pull iPod off my rustler's controller and snap it on new car? not sure how it works..

RC Qualifier
    You should be able to run up to 30 cars on one tqi. As long as they have the tqi receiver.
    addicted much....

RC poster
    sweet now wonder what i have to do to make my rustler vxl tqi radio run my new car.

RC Qualifier
    You need traxxas part #6518. The tqi reciever. One for each car you use. Unless you want to transplant your current reciever to each car you want to use, which would be a major pain in the rear.
    addicted much....

RC Champion
    Click but i need 10 words
    Problems.The manual's good starting point. Simple

RC Racer
    So I am hijacking this but I have a TQI 6513 transmitter. It is linked with my 6518 in my slash. I can link it as well with my 2218x in my Blast boat. But if I turn on the 2218x the transmitter un links with my 6518. So the TQI can only save memory with 6518's?
    (2) Slash 4x4 HCG

RC Champion
    Do you not lock model on the Tx settings.
    Problems.The manual's good starting point. Simple

RC Qualifier
    You don't need to do anything. The tx automaticly links up with whatever model your using. If you're driving one car and want to switch, just turn the tx and the car off like normal, wait a second then turn on the tx back on then the car your want to use. Simple as that. It can only run one model at a time I believe.
    addicted much....

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by trax de max View Post
    Do you not lock model on the Tx settings.
    This was my problem. I was not locking each car. So when I would link a second car it would just forget the previous one. All fixed up now so I can have one remote for the slash and the blast.
    (2) Slash 4x4 HCG