RC Qualifier

rpm / mph stopped working

First test drive with telemetry, MERV running duel 2s , everything was working good ( 43 mph top speed ) and all the sudden the mph / rpm stopped working. Votage and temperature still work.

I checked to make sure nothign came unplugged, even swapped out the RX with a new one. still doesnt work. Voltage and temp work.

I dont see how a shiny new sensor and magnet can just decide to go bad in 5 minutes... could it be something in the programming?

Any ideas??? Is there a way to test any of the components I know its NOT the RX.

RC Racer
    Is the sensor still seated in the holder? Is the magnet still seated in its holder? Did you try double hitting the home button and closing the Traxxas Link app and then restarting it? I sometimes find telemetry doesn't work when the app has been running in the background and or is running before the transmitter is turned on .. forcing the app to quit and restarting sometimes refreshes it.

RC Qualifier
    Sensor is still in the holder, I dont see how the magnet could have escaped from the spur so thats still in there. Yes I quit the app, shut off ipod, replaced RX whole 9 yards

RC Racer
    Then maybe the sensor wire is internally broken -- bent as it comes out receiver box or mashed between motor and casing ... Try a new sensor wire?

RC Qualifier
    Thats pretty much what I am thinking, new wires, and new magnet. If it doesnt last longer than 5 minutes this time.... I am done w telemetry

RC Racer
    The only really useful things are the temp and voltage. Speed based on RPM is just a gimmick that looks cool to the bystanders who don't know any better.

RC Qualifier
    replaced the magnet and sensor. its working now. better last more than 5 minutes this time. I know its not perfectly acurate, but might as well have all the gauges working for the $$ I dumped into it.

RC Qualifier
    OOPS gonna be a merge thread here in a second

Yea it broke again ( my own fault ) melted the spur. Took less than 5 minutes like I had HOPED!!!!

Just got around to replacing it.... and telemetry is screwed up again.

RC Qualifier
    I'll be darned. new magnet fixed it. old 1 still seems pretty magnetic to me..... I dont understand it... but its fixed ( AGAIN )

RC Qualifier
    Im thinking the insane RPMs its pulling (i don't know why it would be different in a MERV) over heated it, same effect as over heating a motor. Im not sure, but how loose it the slipper? (if thats what it has) it may have been a odd fluke too.