RC Enthusiast

Jus another person needing brushless help

So hi and thanks for comeing to help me lol

ikno if i jus tryed to look on the form id find what i need but ehh ive had two other accounts on traxxas but the emails where fake so i forgot them so i figured id make my presence know.... This will be a permanent account and ill get pics off my trucks up shortly...

So bac to my problem I only use my truck in more of fall/winter times cus summer and spring I ride my bmx and work on full size cars... so at the end of last seson i burnt my vxl3s motor (i thought).... last night I dusted it off and went thu it put a cheep brushed moter on the speed controle and big woop still didnt work..... So long story short I have abought a buck fifty (dont want to spend it all but ik i can get sum decent with tht lol) for a esc and motor I have a late model vxl3s esc and 3pice can/motor ( normal stock late model traxxes brussless) iwant some thing alil better maby equal...

instaled parts tht will help you kno what imm looking for:

i have two cheep 20c 2200 3s lipos (airplane batterys) i like them nice and light... 48p 86t sliper cluch gear, 26ish t pinion gear, (lol i jus counted the teeth), steel axle yolks, 320Series Deep Dish Chrome Wheels wrapped in losi road wepon tires all around, (good tire compound for the road i get a lil mot agresie tire for the snow but w8te is the same)

so like i said light up grade esc/motor mabe the same esc/motor idk yet for under 150....

thanks for your help in advence

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out to avoid earning warning points; this also applies to company/product names that have been blocked by the filter.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-12-2013 at 09:57 AM.

RC Qualifier
    best bang for your buck and you will never use the VXL again

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDRLN&P=0
    Anza Slash & a pile of Parts

RC Champion
    ^^^^^^ +1 on the castle creations motor/esc.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by skye View Post
    best bang for your buck and you will never use the VXL again

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDRLN&P=0
    i was thinking of the Sidewinder4600 is it any good its a lil bit more in my price range lol

BTW i mostly only run on the the road.... like full throtle pulls, drag raceing stuff like that and some times at the LHS (its ez to chane the set up lol)

ok last dumb question.... 4600kv 5700kv or 6900 (frommy recerch more it to much?) from the castle set up (ebay) for a good launch and top end street raceing? oh and with the the gears i have already... i can go biger if needed
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-12-2013 at 09:58 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    all those motors are good for street racing it will come down to what batteries you use 2s,3s and gearing. myself i have a cheap 2200kv 3660 motor from value hobbies on 3s geared with mod1 gears 21/36 its a rocket
    slash hot rod
    tacon 2150kv 3s
    mod 1 20/36

RC Qualifier
    does your slash weigh under 5 lbs thats what Castle says the 4600kv is good for... so if thats the case the 5700 and 6900 will need a lighter truck

Quote Originally Posted by G0nz0 View Post
    ok last dumb question.... 4600kv 5700kv or 6900 (frommy recerch more it to much?) from the castle set up (ebay) for a good launch and top end street raceing? oh and with the the gears i have already... i can go biger if needed
    "Recommended for all 1/10 scale buggy and truggy applications that
    weigh less than 5lbs (2.25kg) ready to run "

RC Competitor

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by skye View Post
    does your slash weigh under 5 lbs thats what Castle says the 4600kv is good for... so if thats the case the 5700 and 6900 will need a lighter truck
    "Recommended for all 1/10 scale buggy and truggy applications that
    weigh less than 5lbs (2.25kg) ready to run "
    my bathroom scale says 4.6 LB full weigh, body, battery, old esc and motor, ect.....but i dont realy beleve that lol

ok so if no body tells me tht this setup wont last very long on my 3s and my gears (might change them idk) im going to get a Castle Creations 4600Kv SV3 Combo "waterproof" LOL but ya im going with this when i get payed (like the next week some time) enless some one tells me no...
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-12-2013 at 09:59 AM. Reason: merge
    it wont let me post a list of my trucks here....

RC Qualifier
    I think you're making a mistake, you'll find out very fast that the 4600 will overheat to quickly when youre running it. Id go with the Sidewinder 3800 SCT edition, it is made for a heavy truck. This is what i use and i love it

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dontlift19 View Post
    I think you're making a mistake, you'll find out very fast that the 4600 will overheat to quickly when youre running it. Id go with the Sidewinder 3800 SCT edition, it is made for a heavy truck. This is what i use and i love it
    thankyou that was what i was thinking.... i will get a 3800 sct in like a week and post when its in the truck

Quote Originally Posted by G0nz0 View Post
    ok so if no body tells me tht this setup wont last very long on my 3s and my gears (might change them idk) im going to get a Castle Creations 4600Kv SV3 Combo "waterproof" LOL but ya im going with this when i get payed (like the next week some time) enless some one tells me no...
    I own a 4600 castle and it sits in a box.
    If your set on 3s imo the 3800kv castle is as high as I would go, I wont run 3s in anything but my cc 2400 and 2650 motors, and I'll push them over the limits on 5 and 6s for speed runs howbeit am fully aware of possible catastrophic failure when doing so.
    Any and all brush less rc motors have a recommended 40,000 rpm limit, this doesn't mean they wont run at higher rpms however it will take its toll on the motors service life, this was in an email straight from castle and I quote "while they can turn the higher rpm they wont take it forever"
    I concur with other opinions on the 3800 being a better choice and can speak from experience of the 4600's short comings.
    Not saying its a bad system tho your pushing it to its maximum recommend and in my opinion over weight and rpm limits.
    Last edited by billy-bones; 10-12-2013 at 09:35 AM.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Competitor
    +1 on the 3800kv cc sct system

RC Enthusiast
    So just to finish off my thread i just bought a 3800kv sct system off ebay.... it may be in by friday so ill make a new thread when i get it with new pics of the truck

RC Qualifier
    whats the 3800 like on 3s compared to 2s n what gearing is suggested for 3s?

Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    I own a 4600 castle and it sits in a box.
    If your set on 3s imo the 3800kv castle is as high as I would go, I wont run 3s in anything but my cc 2400 and 2650 motors, and I'll push them over the limits on 5 and 6s for speed runs howbeit am fully aware of possible catastrophic failure when doing so.
    Any and all brush less rc motors have a recommended 40,000 rpm limit, this doesn't mean they wont run at higher rpms however it will take its toll on the motors service life, this was in an email straight from castle and I quote "while they can turn the higher rpm they wont take it forever"
    I concur with other opinions on the 3800 being a better choice and can speak from experience of the 4600's short comings.
    Not saying its a bad system tho your pushing it to its maximum recommend and in my opinion over weight and rpm limits.
    Let's Get Dangerous - "DWD"

RC Qualifier
    It's not recommended to run 3s with the 3800, but I can pop wheelies all day with a 3s geared 23/86, and run around 40 mph

RC Qualifier
    you can run a 3s on the 3800 just not the SV2

Quote Originally Posted by dontlift19 View Post
    It's not recommended to run 3s with the 3800

Quote Originally Posted by Rc_REV View Post
    whats the 3800 like on 3s compared to 2s n what gearing is suggested for 3s?
    I only do it drag racing but its a beast, as a rule I run a mamba max pro when on 3s however I have run the sidewinder on 3s as-well.
    Not sure I would want to run a hole 5500mah pack non stop with the sidewinder as they tend to get quite warm, tho it was in the ninety's when we were drag racing.
    A while back I would have said imo its not a great idea, howbeit I have done it numerous times without failure.
    It should be noted the sidewinder(at least mine)came with a notice the slash was on the heavy side for 3s with the sidewinder esc.
    Just watch the esc temps and you should be ok.
    Be sure to have your wheelie bar, if your slipper isn't extremely loose it will be a continuous wheelie machine.
    I run 18/56(3.11) in 32p with Robinson hardened spur and pinion, roughly 28/86 in 48p, again this was for drag racing only, I dont run 3s in the higher kv motors much at all.
    The 2400 castle on 3s is a dream, it has similar power and torque on 3s as the 3800 on 2s but never breaks a sweat, they never get more then forty degrees above ambient.
    Last edited by billy-bones; 10-13-2013 at 09:13 AM.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.