RC Competitor

Pro Line Road Rage Question

Hi guys. Do the Pro Line Road Rage tires mounted on the Desperado rims come pre-glued? I ask because I would like to buy a set and then tape them up. But that would be a problem if they are already glued. Or are they OK to use for high speed without tape? Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    All of Proline's premounts are glued. And they will balloon badly if not taped. Many videos on youtube showing the Road Rage 3.8 ballooning. You are much better off buying them separate and taping them. It will take extra time but you will have a better experience with the tire, especially for high speed runs.

RC Qualifier
    I got mines glued, been running them on 4s, and they have been holding good, the balloon is barely noticed.

RC Racer
    On road or off road, big or small, fast or slow(ish), I tape all my tires. And don't forget to balance them too.
    Sure it'll work, watch this

RC Racer
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...+3.8&search=Go

You can buy them separately and glue to Desperado or Geode with 1/2 offset or just glue to zero offset Gemini or other 3.8 inch Traxxas bead for E-Revo.

Per mounted are already glued in place.

Good idea to tape, balance, and make sure you have camber and toe properly set before speed run. Switched my Mashers on ERBE with Road Rages and didn't bother to adjust toe and camber. High speed run more difficult to control and I basically did a Dario Franchitti horizontal cartwheel hitting a barrier. Nothing broke in the spectacular wipe which ripped my camera off the top of the truck. Too much toe out when I rechecked it ... Oops. Still running fast on 2-3s

RC Racer
    What's folks using to balance wheels? Weights balancing device?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk now Free
    USAF, Retired
    ERBE, Dewalt EMaxx, Rustler VXL

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the help. I ended up ordering the Shockwaves and F11 wheels for all around use. I plan to tape them before mounting them on the wheels as recommended.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by vwdaveb View Post
    What's folks using to balance wheels? Weights balancing device?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk now Free
    You can disconnect and drive line to one of your wheels and use that. It's far cheaper than most balancers.

I'm using a Losi balancer and balance with the provided clay. Use clay that doesn't harden like plummer's puddy.
    Sure it'll work, watch this