RC poster

Question Calibrate new ESC or Link the new TQi first?

Hi guys, I just bought new set of Mamba Monster 2 and the new TQi transmitter. Before I start it I want to make sure what's the right thing to do first. They always told me to calibrate the ESC before doing anything or I will ruin the ESC, the question is: How I'm gonna calibrate when the new TQi transmitter not link yet? Is it ok to link the transmitter before calibrate? Thanks for your help guys, I'm new here.

RC Competitor
    You need to link the TQi transmitter with the receiver first. The instructions for doing this are in the manual and also on this Traxxas website. It's not very hard. Once the radio and receiver are linked, then you can set your endpoints for the esc. You can't calibrate the esc/set the end points if the radio and receiver don't see each other. Follow the instructions exactly step by step and all will go well!!

RC Competitor
    To link the radio and receiver...hold the set button as you turn the radio on. Green light should flash. Release button....press and hold the link button on the receiver as you turn on the esc...green light should flash on the receiver for a couple of seconds until it is bound with the radio, then lights will go solid green....release link button. Radio and receiver are now bound together. Follow the instructions with the MM2 for setting endpoints. Actual programming for the MM2 is most easily done through the Castle Link.