RC poster

Thumbs up Ocean Slowmo of Spartan on 6S

Hey guys! Thought you might like this video I produced at the beginning of summer featuring the Spartan in slowmo in the Pacific Ocean. Stock boat running 2x Traxxas 3s 8400mah lipos, this thing hauled!! You can thank a GoPro HERO3 Black Edition for the smooth slow motion...

http://youtu.be/WWbhI8MArWY

I'm getting hundreds of views everyday but I want to hear what you guys think!

–Hunter

RC Qualifier
    I have seen it before... I liked it alot! Keep it up!

RC Qualifier
    The video is pretty cool! I read in the comments that your motor seized up. Did you replace it?
    Powered by Castle.....

RC Champion
    Great job on the video of your Spartan in the surf.....
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC poster
    We actually called every hobby shop around and none of them carry the motor. always a special order part. last time i checked even buytraxxas.com was out!

thanks for the support, much appreciated!

RC Enthusiast
    I found that video a while ago and have showed it to a few other people. Great clip!

Sweet video.

Unfortunately the motor is not offered as a retail item. You can send it in for replacement, however corrosion is not covered by the warranty. One thing to note is the extremely destructive nature of salt water on every metallic part of the boat. If the motor has locked up it might be a bearing failure due to corrosion. If that's the case it would fall under the Lifetime Warranty replacement for a cost of $70.00 + shipping. I would suggest sending the ESC in as well for testing.
    Last edited by TireSlinger; 10-10-2013 at 06:19 PM.