Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggy9 View Post
    That's what I was thinking. Why I saved myself the hassle and just bought them pre-mounted.
    I hear ya on that one. One thing I don't like to do, is glue up tires. Just a chore for me, as much as I LOVE wrenching away. This is a WAY SICK build for sure. Man I love your rig.

I'm not a Revo owner, so I don't spend much time on here. That Motor mount is way sick for sure and its the first time I'm seeing it. Gonna look into that one.

Also, Wire wrap that servo wire. It will really clean it up. Here is a mini version My Boss 302 Build soon to be Merv. Direct rep of your chassis of course, and I'm also running a Hi-tech in there.

*And.. If it was my rig. Id dye that chassis for sure lovn those springs also.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...oss-Build-!!-*
    Last edited by AbSoLooT1; 11-01-2013 at 12:38 AM.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    I hear ya on that one. One thing I don't like to do, is glue up tires. Just a chore for me, as much as I LOVE wrenching away. This is a WAY SICK build for sure. Man I love your rig.

I'm not a Revo owner, so I don't spend much time on here. That Motor mount is way sick for sure and its the first time I'm seeing it. Gonna look into that one.

Also, Wire wrap that servo wire. It will really clean it up. Here is a mini version My Boss 302 Build soon to be Merv. Direct rep of your chassis of course, and I'm also running a Hi-tech in there.

*And.. If it was my rig. Id dye that chassis for sure lovn those springs also.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...oss-Build-!!-*
    Man that boss is real nice. I like the wrap around the motor wires and servo. I think I might do both. I also will try and get the chassis dyed one day this weekend but time has been pretty tight lately. I'll check out your build for sure it looks sick.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsheasby View Post
    Looks awesome! Everything is really tastefully done. I can't wait to see those videos!
    Thanks! Had to order a 10 amp bec from castle because I was having some electronics issues. The esc would shut down after 5 minutes of driving. Will be picking that up this Sunday and will make a vid for sure.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    lower rear A Arms??
    What about them?

are those the front arms on the rear idk what am I missing
    edit in one of the last pic the push rod holes...
    Last edited by 87 GN; 11-01-2013 at 08:22 AM.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Competitor
    Jiggy9 - great build that thing is sick. I am working on the same set up for my e revo. Did you change any of the transmission gears? I am building my for all out speed, so just wondering what kinda gearing I should run.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by tmack20 View Post
    Jiggy9 - great build that thing is sick. I am working on the same set up for my e revo. Did you change any of the transmission gears? I am building my for all out speed, so just wondering what kinda gearing I should run.
    No I didn't change any of the gears. I will be going up quite a few teeth on the pinion though. Top end is terrible on 25/54

RC Competitor
    No I didn't change any of the gears. I will be going up quite a few teeth on the pinion though. Top end is terrible on 25/54
    Thought about trying to find the pinion and spur sizes from the XO-1 and run it that way.14/46

RC Competitor
    Just bought mod1 40T spur and ordered a 25T mod1 pinion. My pinion now is mod.8 so it will not mesh correctly and I don't want to take any chances.

RC Racer
    How are you liking the 19lb springs? Too heavy or just about right with the heavier motor mount?
    Father: 1/10 Summit Mamba | Son: 1/16 Summit VXL

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsheasby View Post
    How are you liking the 19lb springs? Too heavy or just about right with the heavier motor mount?
    They're just right with the added weight of the motor and the motor mount. There no sag, and jumps really well.

Quote Originally Posted by WesleyK View Post
    Which motor mount are you talking about?

You probably mean this motor brace(with rear brace):

Anyone know who makes these mounts and that brace?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Meal View Post
    Anyone know who makes these mounts and that brace?
    not the same but another option.
    http://www.tvrrc.com/product1/tor_x_...vo_summit.html
    Last edited by NFS; 11-07-2013 at 05:28 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Hpp in Germany, they make hubs that are real good as well. I have all the hpp braces and hubs on my erevo

Posted by my Galaxy tab 3 8"

can make your own with a push rod...
    kind of over kill

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...475-Rear-Brace

RC Competitor
    Haven't posted in a little while but did a few things so far. First off, bought kershaw designs battery trays with straps and cut out the tops of the stock trays and screwed these suckers in with 3 screws from the underside of the chassis. The one on the left underneath the esc mount is a tiny bit of a pain but I have the straps set up so that it they are visible instead of hiding underneath that mount. Here's some pics:

Had no where to put the receiver box so forced to do this

And my new antenna.....gonna test out if it's range is affected by doing this. There's no other place I could think of to put it so that's what I came up with. Here come the ghetto jokes.....

RC Qualifier
    Wow pretty ghetto, LOL, i wanna know how fast this bad boy is!!
    8 traxxas models and counting....

RC Competitor
    haha yeah I know don't make fun of it. Deep down inside you all like my antenna lol. Well here's what I got...a new 40T spur mod1 and a 25T pinion mod1. I thought 25/54 was insanely fast, 25/40 is just going to be redonkulous. I'll definitely post a vid this week. It will do backflips all day on command. It....just....I have no words. Well I got a castle 10amp BEC as well because it was getting a little glitchy on me. Shutting off 5-10 minutes in and then turning back on. Weird stuff like that and I found this may fix it. Of course after I already ordered it, it seemed like it wasn't giving me any issues. Well it's on now so who cares haha it can't hurt.

Mod1 25T vs Mod.8 25T

The BEC installed and ready to go

Some of the carnage from back flipping and sliding across the pavement. It will not stay up right for anything past half throttle.

RC Qualifier
    All in all what we talkin for $ on this bad boy

RC Champion
    You should make a extended wheelie bar.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by LocatedGecko7 View Post
    All in all what we talkin for $ on this bad boy
    I have no clue. Probably somewhere around 900

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by revoman78 View Post
    You should make a extended wheelie bar.
    Haha idk I kinda like doing wheelies. Might even take the wheelie bar off haha

RC Qualifier
    900 isnt bad, assuming you paid around 300 for the roller

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by LocatedGecko7 View Post
    900 isnt bad, assuming you paid around 300 for the roller
    Yeah I got it for 250 + shipping on ebay. Really scored on that because it was relatively new with the aluminum push rods and toe links. Then I did everything else. It had no body, wheels, rx/tx etc.

RC Competitor
    Where did you get the 19lbs springs? Are they Traxxas and what color?

RC Competitor
    Where did you get the 19lbs springs? Are they Traxxas and what color?
    I got them off ebay but the listing has ended unfortunately. I found the same ones on a different website here:

https://kenonhobby.3dcartstores.com/...p?itemid=40923

They are made by hot racing and are "gunmetal." It's like a bronzish grey. Looks really nice. The pictures look nothing like it though. It surprised me at first because I was expecting grey but this bronze color looks sick.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by vgad View Post
    I like that motor mount. How is it working for you? If you have really good lipo's try 40/34 mod 1 gears I think you will get a ton of power on 6s. Do you have any video's yet?
    I love this motor mount. My lipos aren't the best (2 3s 20C's). I think the power for now is good enough as it is not controllable whatsoever so I'm happy with that. I might gear it up more if I get a need for speed later on. The weather hasn't been the greatest that's why I haven't posted a video yet but hopefully within the next day or two when it isn't raining.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyK View Post
    Which motor mount are you talking about?

You probably mean this motor brace(with rear brace):

Could you tell me who makes that rear motor mount not need the toe link just need the mount holding up the rear of the motor . But i need it to fit the bigger CC 2028 motor in my Summit.

RC Competitor
    did you run the telemetry set up from traxxas? If you did do you have the part numbers for what is needed.

RC Competitor
    did you run the telemetry set up from traxxas? If you did do you have the part numbers for what is needed.
    No sorry not running telemetry. It's purely a basher so I don't think I need it.

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the reply, guess I start investigating.

RC Enthusiast
    Part numbers are on the traxxas site. Go to the product page for the e revo and towards the bottom of the page is a link.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Great build man, I'll be taking a few cues from this for my 1717 build.

tmack20 - go to ebay and search "erevo telemetry" you can buy the whole kit

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the info, but I thought I would need the XO-1 telemetry parts? Confussed!!

RC Competitor
    Just a little update; upgrading the body to a bulletproof body made by "sellinchevs" on ebay. This stock body is not holding up well to the insanity this truck embodies.
    On order:
    -Dyeable white RPM a-arms that I will be dyeing cherry red.
    -RPM front bumper
    -RPM front bumper mount
    -White wing that I will be dyeing red as well.
    -Bulletproof body (will have pics hopefully tomorrow) It looks crazy.

This should look really cool especially with the arms and wing red. We will see how it goes. Wing and arms will be dyed next week when they get delivered so I will be updating with pics of those soon.

RC Competitor
    New body

RC Enthusiast
    New body

Saw that body on ebay i wanted it but wasnt sure how it would do lol let me know if it holds up

RC Competitor
    I went for it and sent him and offer because looking at his feedback everyone who has bought one of these bulletproof bodies has been more than happy with it. Definitely wouldn't have bought it if people were like "this body is awful, doesn't hold up like it should." Haven't had time to test crash it yet because of midterms/finals last week :/. I've been meaning to get a vid up. Will probably tomorrow actually. I'll let u know how it holds up for sure.

RC poster
    Mind if I ask what he accepted? Ive seen them too and thought about pitching an offer.