Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RC Competitor
    Swapped out the two traxxas servos for one hitec 7955. I was wondering, do they make something to fill that empty space where no servo currently stands? It's bothering me lol OCD problems.

There's two settings on this esc mount so I chose the closer one this time as I thought it stuck out too much on the farthest setting.

Wired up all the electronics today as well. Got a black antenna.

Will be painting the body tomorrow. Got a prographix because it's simple and should come out awesome. Going black and white on this.

needs a little fitting
    5326X Steering Servo Cover Plate

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    needs a little fitting
    5326X Steering Servo Cover Plate

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40
    Thanks man. Will order that

RC Racer
    Looking forward to seeing pics of the body sprayed up as that's the same colour I am going to do mine when I finaly get to finish my build.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by martin34a View Post
    Looking forward to seeing pics of the body sprayed up as that's the same colour I am going to do mine when I finaly get to finish my build.
    Here u go. Just finished painting. Going to put the decals on now and upload more pics.

RC Qualifier
    Looks great!

RC Racer
    Is it just the white bit of it that you painted? Difficult to see how it looked before painting inside the plastic bag.

RC Competitor
    Here she is...not finished quite yet but close to it

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by KN-Revo View Post
    Is it just the white bit of it that you painted? Difficult to see how it looked before painting inside the plastic bag.
    Yeah all I did was spray the inside white. Like 4 coats and then white backing. And that's how it came out. Some blended and made silver which looks pretty good.

RC Competitor
    Where did you get that "Look all you want" sticker. I need one of those.
    1/16 Slash, Slash 4x4 vxl, Trail Trekker

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardRayzz View Post
    Where did you get that "Look all you want" sticker. I need one of those.
    Haha it came with a set of Summit Racing stickers. There was only one on the sheet other wise I would send you one. I found the same sheet I have, on ebay for you though. Comes with that sticker plus a bunch more:
    http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=390666246389

RC Competitor
    Thank you.
    1/16 Slash, Slash 4x4 vxl, Trail Trekker

RC Qualifier
    Thats a killer mtn bike you got there aswell

Posted by my Galaxy tab 3 8" now Free

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    Thats a killer mtn bike you got there aswell

Posted by my Galaxy tab 3 8" now Free
    Hahaha thanks man.

RC Racer
    Looks great mate.I know what you mean about some blending and looking silver.My Merv is the same.

RC Qualifier
    Nice truck, the only thing I would have done different is dying the chassis, and rockers.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by martin34a View Post
    Looks great mate.I know what you mean about some blending and looking silver.My Merv is the same.
    Thanks!!! Yeah it looks awesome. Much nicer than I thought

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by NFS View Post
    Nice truck, the only thing I would have done different is dying the chassis, and rockers.
    Don't worry that's coming going to swap my chassis and rockers for my friends who's is dyed black already

RC Qualifier
    What you have created is exactly what I wish to one day have One day when I'm a 15 year old made of money (just kidding it doesn't happen) Also is the XO-1/MME ESC just a MMM with an extra cap pack?
    Last edited by JoelRobbo; 10-15-2013 at 04:00 AM.
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Qualifier
    Yep just an extra cap pack and the firmware might be a little different. He also has the 1717 XO-1 motor though, which is a bit more powerful

RC Competitor
    Yeah just some extra capacitors and telemetry. Not that big of a difference. The 1717 motor I heard runs really cool though so I'm looking forward to see what kind of temps this truck brings on 6S.

RC Qualifier
    Should be great at destroying diffs. The stock erevo cant handle the mm and 2200kv

Posted by my Galaxy Note 2 now Free

RC Qualifier
    I don't think it matters that much. With the right gearing the biggest advantage of the 1717 motor is how cool it runs, and a small increase in power. With proper shimming and the right tires the stock diffs will last a while, not as long as most hope but long enough for me.

Those red wheel nuts look badass with those black wheels!

Looking good mate...Nice!
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyK View Post
    I don't think it matters that much. With the right gearing the biggest advantage of the 1717 motor is how cool it runs, and a small increase in power. With proper shimming and the right tires the stock diffs will last a while, not as long as most hope but long enough for me.

Those red wheel nuts look badass with those black wheels!
    Thanks! I love these hubs. The blue just didn't go with the black and red theme. Can't wait until I get my black chassis and rockers. That's gonna be a very long night haha.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MITCH316 View Post
    Looking good mate...Nice!
    Thank you!

RC Racer
    Hey jiggy that's real clean, nice build! Is that single servo a straight drop in? Did you have to modify anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ERBE/JATO 3.3

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleEagle View Post
    Hey jiggy that's real clean, nice build! Is that single servo a straight drop in? Did you have to modify anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah just a simple drop in. Just get it centered before you put it in and remove the opposite sides connecting part to the horn. Other than that yeah just put it in like you would for any other servo. I'll post some pics of what it looks like on the underside when I get home today.

RC Qualifier
    This truck is looking killer! 1717 for the win!
    Big Air Don't Care

RC Racer
    Love that motor mount, was for a while thinking of installing a 2028 in a e-revo (just for fun) this would be perfect for the job. But the hobby don`t have priority right now as most of my time goes with my 1,5y old son.

RC Competitor
    Love that motor mount, was for a while thinking of installing a 2028 in a e-revo (just for fun) this would be perfect for the job. But the hobby don`t have priority right now as most of my time goes with my 1,5y old son.
    Thanks and that would be insaneeee!!!!! But yeah I could see why your time might be a little full at the moment.

RC Competitor

Jiggy9's XO-1 powered E-Revo Build

Got quite a few things done today. First things first got the pinion and spur. Running a 60T Robinson Racing slipper setup with metal spur and 25T pinion from RR as well. Here's what it looks like inside the mount

Almost had a heart attack when I saw the clearance between the spur and esc mount lol.

Got stiffer 19lb springs off ebay. The listing looked grey but they came this sick flat bronze/gold color. Loving it.

^^^by the way this took me literally a half hour to change. The rear shock mounts are now hidden underneath the motor (because it's oversized) and instead of going through the headache of taking the motor mount apart again, I just had to take the rocker arm screws off and manage to use some elbow grease getting those extremely stiff springs on. It was very hard lol.
    Also got these in red

And finally the outerwears came today. Since the motor is mounted higher up, the cover fits kind of like if you got pants that were a couple inches too thin around the waist. It fits but kinda hurts to wear.

I swapped receivers because my old one was rattling on the inside and it's effects were showing on the functionality of the truck so I popped another in. But NOW of course I can't seem to get the esc to re calibrate. It flashes all colors and constantly beeps with like 1 second intervals after cell counting. I know the process to calibrate but that isn't working. Going to call castle tomorrow (would've today but their hours are only until 5pm) and see if they can figure this out for me. If any of you guys know the solution before I call, that would be awesome.

last pic is a 2028
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5249188

Jiggy truck is look'n good......

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    last pic is a 2028
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5249188

Jiggy truck is look'n good......
    Yepp, i know. If it was easy it would not be fun ;-) Some day maybe...

RC Qualifier
    Damm this thing is looking sweet, keep up the good work man!!!!!!!
    8 traxxas models and counting....

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by LocatedGecko7 View Post
    Damm this thing is looking sweet, keep up the good work man!!!!!!!
    Thanks man! I'll try haha!

RC Competitor
    Going to buy the docking base tomorrow because I need it in order to re calibrate the esc and unlock it. Looking forward to getting it as it will make tuning way more easy and convenient. Plus I can just bind it straight up to my slash as well and easily choose which one I want to use straight from the phone. Can't wait

RC Competitor
    All hooked up. Will get a vid soon but the amount of insanity on 6s omg. No traction whatsoever with badlands on grass.

I did one thing just moved the placement of the motor to the the right because the body would squeeze on because of the motor wires sticking up. Looks much more flush now

RC Racer
    Looks awesome! Everything is really tastefully done. I can't wait to see those videos!
    Father: 1/10 Summit Mamba | Son: 1/16 Summit VXL

lower rear A Arms??