Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    RC Competitor

Jiggy9's XO-1 powered E-Revo Build

Hey guys this is the third E-Revo I've had and never plan on selling this one. I had the idea of popping in the XO-1 motor and esc into an E-Revo. So I will make that happen. I know there will be many mods to go along with trying to make this as efficient as possible and plan on taking no shortcuts. No this will not be a speed run build, but rather a pure bash and all around truck. Here's the roller I'm starting out with.

Right off the bat it has the upgraded aluminum pushrods and toe-links.

Bought CVD's. Thought these would be necessary lol.

And got some wheels

Will install all this tonight and post some pics. Already ordered the motor/esc so that should be here within the next few days or so. Ordered a prographix body which I will be painting some wild vibrant color. Gonna do a chassis brace and motor mount brace mod as well. Any help on the braces would greatly be appreciated as I know I want and need to do them, just don't know how. I'll keep this thread posted as the build goes along. Thanks

RC Competitor
    Got the wrong center CVD's LOL. That's what happens when you don't read the packaging kids. The only difference is one side is longer than the other. That was the eye opener when I got the the bottom off.

RC Racer
    Looking forward to following this

RC Qualifier

Did you buy the badlands pre mounted?? Mistake No#2 - should have bought them separate & taped them - worth it even for bashing.

Just wondering why you'd go for the X-01 motor if you are building a basher and not looking to build a speed machine?

Looking forward to watching this build unfold & seeing what it turns into!

Good luck
    Last edited by ErbeSumm; 10-07-2013 at 02:58 AM.

RC Competitor

Quote Originally Posted by ErbeSumm View Post
    Did you buy the badlands pre mounted?? Mistake No#2 - should have bought them separate & taped them - worth it even for bashing.

Just wondering why you'd go for the X-01 motor if you are building a basher and not looking to build a speed machine?

Looking forward to watching this build unfold & seeing what it turns into!

Good luck
    I wanted something different and have only seen a couple with this combo. I had these wheels pre-mounted on my last revo and they didn't have a problem with ballooning all too much. That's why I went pre-mounted again.

RC Qualifier
    Did you use them on 6S? You will put pizza cutters to shame when you use badlands on 6S hehe.

Might also wanna get a XL2 esc, and run 8S 8)

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyK View Post
    Did you use them on 6S? You will put pizza cutters to shame when you use badlands on 6S hehe.

Might also wanna get a XL2 esc, and run 8S 8)
    Hahahaha I think I did but not sure. Whatever will find out eventually right. XL2 doesn't sound like a bad idea, but gonna stay with this esc for a little while.

RC Champion
    Badlands won't ballon that bad at reasonable speeds. I'm sure that for speed runs he would swap tires.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jws1982 View Post
    Badlands won't ballon that bad at reasonable speeds. I'm sure that for speed runs he would swap tires.
    That's what I was thinking. Why I saved myself the hassle and just bought them pre-mounted.

You might want to also consider saving those cvds, especially if you plan on bashing they as well as most other metal replacements have been known to break...again and again.

For pure bashing it would be hard to beat the summit axles for cost and reliability.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Competitor
    Oh really? Never knew that okay will take those summit axles into consideration. I'll check if they have them at my lhs.

RC Champion
    most likly in peices.....but most inportian is that there is long set and a short set....you will need the long set
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Racer
    Nice build.

Don`t worry about the badlands not being taped, did not tape mine, no problems on 50mph+. But nothing last forever on 6s ;-)

But actually more impressed of my new wheels, the same as used in the big volt basher hop up guide http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUTH4&P=7

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by KN-Revo View Post
    Nice build.

Don`t worry about the badlands not being taped, did not tape mine, no problems on 50mph+. But nothing last forever on 6s ;-)

But actually more impressed of my new wheels, the same as used in the big volt basher hop up guide http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUTH4&P=7
    Okay good that's what I wanted to hear haha. I will consider those wheels later on but for now I'm jut gonna stick with the badlands. Thanks for the nice comments. The system combo should be here by tomorrow btw.

RC Racer
    What is the motor mount brace mod?

RC Competitor

Not too sure that's why I asked. I just bought a new motor mount that actually is stronger and mounts the motor higher up so no trimming or modification is required to make the motor fit.

RC Qualifier
    This is a very interesting build. Looking forward to seeing the end product jigg9. The Response Pro is sweet for bashing I must say; but the Badlands are the best I think! LOL
    Ray00
    EĖRevo │ E-Revo BE
    ITCHY THROTTLE FINGER!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggy9 View Post
    Not too sure that's why I asked. I just bought a new motor mount that actually is stronger and mounts the motor higher up so no trimming or modification is required to make the motor fit.
    Which motor mount are you talking about?

You probably mean this motor brace(with rear brace):

RC Competitor
    No this motor mount. That's not my revo btw.

The chassis brace will be that toe link thing attached to the shock mount.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by martin34a View Post
    What is the motor mount brace mod?
    I meant this motor mount brace with my post.

But wow, that's an huge motor mount :O do you have more info about that one? Don't think you will need a brace at the back of the motor anymore.

RC Champion
    Now that's a motor mount! Almost looks like you could put a 1/5 scale castle 2028 in there with that.

looks like a 1717 motor & the XO1 ESC... mount looks like something from Kershaw??? idk??
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    good call. http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...le-1717-a.html

Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    looks like a 1717 motor & the XO1 ESC... mount looks like something from Kershaw??? idk??

RC Competitor
    Those mounts are on ebay. Here is a link to it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-10-E-Revo-...item25839d6730

Hoping it is as good as it seems...will let you guys know when I get it. Just shipped today!!!

RC Competitor
    Yeah that's what is mounted in the picture. Same system I am putting in mine.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    motor mount made by this guy?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyT6965958U
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 10-09-2013 at 07:50 PM.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    motor mount made by this guy?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyT6965958U
    Yep I believe so. Or it's just a guy who bought it and explains how to install it. My guess is that's the guy.

RC Qualifier
    Looks very interesting... Wanted to toss out a couple of comments from experience...

I actually use badlands on my high speed e-revo, initially taped them but wasn't happy with the performance and thhe fact that no matter what tape I used it would pull and require me to remove and reset from time to time. In the end I ended up using 80lb test line around the outside of the tires. Two wraps in three places on each (left, center, right) tire and I've had no problems since.

With respect to the CVDs, I have used the Traxxas, stock axles (both e-revo and Summit), and ended up with the MIP CVDs as the only ones that will hold out on me... Too much torque for the Traxxas ones... If I were to rank things I would go MIP CVDs, Summit axles first and second..

RC Competitor
    Yeah the only reason I went with the traxxas CVD's is because I had very good luck with them on my last e revo. If they break I'll put on some summit axles I guess.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggy9 View Post
    Yeah the only reason I went with the traxxas CVD's is because I had very good luck with them on my last e revo. If they break I'll put on some summit axles I guess.
    I have traxxas cvd's on my emaxx and erevo so far had zero issues with them, if they break you can get just the bone alone, easy and cheap fix.

RC Competitor
    All CVD'd upped.

Got the goods

Just a comparison to the 2400kv motor in my slash 4x4 on road

PS: the custom motor/esc mount should be here by Saturday so I'll keep you guys posted. Should be all together by then.

RC Competitor
    Okay guys finally got the mount )))). It's pretty freaking awesome if I might say. Tell me what you guys think!

Front view

Side view

Internals. Don't have a pinion yet. Picking one up tomorrow. Couldn't resist putting it together anyway lol.

It took me literally 10 minutes to put together and then it just drops right in like you would normally. Everything feels really nice and tight. The esc mount is a plus. Really digging that.

RC Competitor
    With wheels. Body comes tomorrow but still have to paint it. Tons of other stuff coming tomorrow as well.

Clearance with shock mount

RC Champion
    that looks of thought it could double up as a roll cage/center brace
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Racer
    Looks good. Is it heavy?

looks good, quick reread, you are going to run 6S correct?? Anything less will just not do...
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    Looking forward to hearing how this goes

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by KN-Revo View Post
    Looks good. Is it heavy?
    It is pretty heavy but nothing that stiffer springs can't fix.

RC Competitor
    looks good, quick reread, you are going to run 6S correct?? Anything less will just not do...
    Hahahaha yeah I will run 6S and probably 5S as well.

RC Competitor
    Okay I got some more goodies.
    First some red anodized 17mm hubs. Getting rid of as much blue as I can.

Wheelie bar with the optional rubber wheels, in red of course.

MORE TO COME.
    Putting in a new servo (single servo setup) and painting the body tomorrow. Should be getting red anodized crump screw thingy for the antenna, red bulkhead tie bars, and a bunch of other stuff too next week.