RC Qualifier

Easy mod for using larger shocks

I wanted to use my 1/8 scale buggy shocks, but didn't want to alter the shock. Plus I couldn't seem to unscrew the shock end. I run rpm shock towers so I still have the stock traxxas towers. All I did was cut all material away from under the very top of stock towers. This allowed me the ability to mount them directly on top of rpm tower then install body post and use a longer screw to sandwich it all together.

Here is a pic of the front.
    Here is the rear with a screw through both tower parts. Don't think I needed the screw as I launched my p4de 40 plus feet for over a hour last Saturday with no breakage.hope this can help someone out trying to use buggy shocks. I can measure the added length if need be.

Sent from Oser world
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 10-04-2013 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Merged

RC Racer
    Hey DD, those turned out great man! Nice setup! Are those Vorza/D8 shocks? Do you have any vids of the truck in action?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by warfighter View Post
    Hey DD, those turned out great man! Nice setup! Are those Vorza/D8 shocks? Do you have any vids of the truck in action?
    Hey thanks warfighter! I've seen your build thread. Good cause and selection of parts. The shocks I am using are losi eight buggy or truggy shocks. Can't remember which ones at the moment. They certainly are big and smooth. The mod I did added about 10mm. I really didn't want to add fuel line inside the shock to limit the travel, plus I couldn't get them apart anyway lol. I did make some video on my phone last week but never posted any video on any forums yet. Need to figure that out. I have a great vid of my p4de casing the downside of a small ditch.man what a smooth landing. Thanks again for your comments!

Sent from Oser world

Now that's a set of shocks dude and your mod is sick and thanks for sharing .......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Now that's a set of shocks dude and your mod is sick and thanks for sharing .......peace
    Thanks Spenniepoos! Sometimes things go my way.

Sent from Oser world