RC poster

ESC & Trim problems.

Okk, I have two problems. The first is the ESC on my spartan. It seems like there isn't a good water flow going through. When I run water through the hoses ( one for esc, one for motor) after each run, and there is always a good flow of water going through the motor. But not to the ESC. It seems like water struggles to go in. Any ideas why? My other problem is that I have to have the trim knob on the controller all the way to the left, because the boat wants to go to the right. What can be causing this problem? How can I fix it? Please help, any solutions will be appreciated.

RC Qualifier
    I have esc flowin issues as well, it's just too small of tubing inside the little blue magic box...
    PM for info.....

RC Qualifier
    I am not 100% sure but you can read your manual(there is one online if yours is gone) and reset your end points. I have never had to do that but manuals can help most of the time.
    PM for info.....

RC Qualifier
    The boat will want to turn to the right, this is a normal reaction to prop torque.

i.e the rotation of the prop will:
    a: roll the hull to starboard (right looking at rear)
    b: want to "walk" the stern of the boat to port (left looking at rear)

Some left trim is is required to straighten out the boat, and is normal. You should not need to trim fully left to compensate.
    Center your trim and check the servo for proper swing both ways, then check the alignment on your rudder, it should be straight or very slightly to the left with everything at neutral. Make adjustments on the connecting rod if necessary.

Other settings may also interfere or impact the steering path. Check strut alignment, and turn fin alignment as well.

hog