Thread: Wanna upgrade

RC Enthusiast

Wanna upgrade

Wanna find out what I should upgrade nxt. Rpm tru track arms, rear brake, aluminum shocks, or new proline badlands. Jus curious 2 what other ppl think I should upgrade.

RC Enthusiast
    Would any of these upgrades b worth it?

RC Qualifier
    You need 2 install the center differential to use the rear brakes. If you have a revo 3.3 u already have aluminum shocks. I would get the Badlands.
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC Enthusiast
    Is it worth gettin the center diff if I'm not racing. Not 2 say I wouldn't b interested n racing but I'm fairly new and wanna kno the truck inside/out before I start racing

RC Qualifier
    You don't need one. One of the best mods I've made is the sway bars. They really improve the handling. You might want to look at doing a single servo set up. The two stock steering servos fight each other.
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC Enthusiast
    I installed the sway bars, it is a great 1, never heard of the single servo upgrade, very interested tho, do u have that n ur revo, r u able 2 upload a pic of that? What all would I need to get to make that upgrade poss?

RC Enthusiast
    Has any1 installed boost bottles on their 3.3? How'd it wrk for ya?

Has any1 installed boost bottles on their 3.3? How'd it wrk for ya?
    They don't work. From what I've read they damage the engine.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    You don't want a boost bottle setup.

It's purpose was to smooth out the vacuum changes when the engine cycles up and down in RPM's, by retaining some vacuum pressure in the bottle. It doesn't actually boost anything. If it is installed incorrectly, it will have the opposite effect, leaving you with less vacuum throughout the RPM range. They have been phased out, as engine designs have improved. It is more important to tune the engine properly, than it is to seek a solution for a problem you may never have.

On a side note, I have installed them in the past, on 1:1 cars with aggressive camshafts. It is advertised for the same purpose. To smooth out vacuum changes. Eventually, it gets removed because they don't really do anything aside from increasing the vacuum lines throughout the engine compartment.
    Believe 1/2 of what you see,and 0 of what you hear

RC Enthusiast
    So I'm getting sum rpm arms, still want the badlands, but still curious on how 2 setup a single steering servo. Can any1 provide pics? Or does any1 have any more suggestion on some good upgrades?

RC Champion
    To go with a single steering servo, all you have to do is remove one of the servos and the link the connects it to the steering arm. Most people go with the single steering servo on the left side. You can cut off the unused side of the plastic steering arm if you want, or you could upgrade to an aluminum steering arm like this one;
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Saver-Arm-Blue

There is a "Y" harness that connects the steering two servos together. Remove that, and plug the single steering servo into the receiver.
    Believe 1/2 of what you see,and 0 of what you hear