Thread: Noob question

RC Competitor

Noob question

Hello,

I am new to electric, i bought a brushless emaxx of ebay. It came with a hobbywing 150a esc and a hpi scream motor.

My question is I currently have 2 3 s lipos that I run in a hpi blitz, However they are different mah rating. Can I use these batteries to run the truck untill I get matching lipos? If not can I run the truck on just 1 3s lipo???

thank You

RC Champion
    I wouldn't, You really should have a matching mah and c rated pair of batteries. That way they drain evenly. And im not positive but I don't think (1) 3s batt is going to give it enough volts to work properly.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    It will work off 3S... but it won't be that exciting with a 1965kV motor.

As stated before; I don't suggest running two dissimilar batteries together. Any two batteries ran in parallel need to be of the same mAh, cell count, C rating, charge level, brand, and age. Any two batteries ran in series need to be of the same mAh, C rating, charge level, brand, and age.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    Thanks Guys,

i may just hook up my higher mah rated 3s just to ensure the truck works because I bought it used. But then I will wait untill I get matching batteries to run it.