RC poster

Nitro 3.3 won't move and makes really bad clicking sound

Hi All - I'm the proud owner of a new Revo 3.3 Nitro and, when breaking the truck in on the 5th tank of gas, hit a curb straight on going about 30MPH. The steering on these things is really sensitive.

So my truck had a front left broken suspension arm and one of the wheel bearings had popped out. After much trial and error (and hair pulling and fingernail breaking) I learned how to take the wheel off, put the bearing back in, replaced both arms and then put the whole thing back together.

I took my truck to the street and it started right up - but when I tried to go frontwards or backward the car won't move. The engine revs up just fine. While toggling between forward and reverse I got a little movement but along with the movement came a horrible clicking should from the middle of the engine.

Does anyone have an idea of what that might be? I realize I must have broken something else besides just the suspension arm...and the help I've gotten from HobbyTown has been less than impressive.

Thanks in advance for any advice. I want to get my new toy running again!

RC Qualifier
    You have likely damaged your spur gear on the transmission. When you hit something often the pinion gear (on the motor) strips a few teeth of the spur gear on the tranny. Id check that first.
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC poster
    Thanks. I'll get my manual out and see where to find that piece on my truck.

RC Qualifier
    Its the (2) "gears" that mesh together. One "gear" (spur) is attached to your crankshaft on the motor, the other "gear" (pinion) is attached to the transmission. They mesh or interlock together. Very easy to see.
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by firemanJBI View Post
    Its the (2) "gears" that mesh together. One "gear" (spur) is attached to your crankshaft on the motor, the other "gear" (pinion) is attached to the transmission. They mesh or interlock together. Very easy to see.
    Thats backwards the spur is on the trans. The pinion is on the clutch bell on the front of the motor.
    T-MAXX 2.5R
    Slayer Pro
    Revo
    Monster Pirate

RC Enthusiast
    Also sounds like your slipper clutch is too loose. While breaking in my Revo when new the slipper loosened up on the 4th tank. Had to adjust it so I could finish break in. Does the engine rev up but truck won't move? Is so then you need to tighten the slipper about 1/4 turn. And the clicking noise is most likely the spur gear as stated.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 4

RC poster
    Thanks for everybody's help! Last night I was able to get the transmission off the car and replace the spur gear and get it back together. Took it downstairs and it started right up - and it moved! But it only went in reverse even though I toggled the forward/reverse. So I did something to the servo and now I can get it going forward and backwards - expect now it's like the firm wire that's bolted into the Servo (under the Servo guard) is stuck in a loop. I don't know how else to explain it. When I toggle between forward and reverse it just keeps moving like I'm toggling it - except that I'm not. I unbolted/rebolted, thumped my RC a couple of times to see if that was the problem (it wasn't). But I think it has to be something electric? Any thoughts? Thx.

RC Enthusiast
    You have to apply the brake for the Opti sensor to allow changing between the two.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 4