RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStenchOfSpeed View Post
    Yep. Middle of the state.
    How far are you from Lexington SC?

Jeremy
    Jeremy

RC Qualifier
    My phone says 3 hours.
    The Annihilator....fastest XO-1 on planet Earth.

I have no intentions of breaking the world speed record. That's just not a realistic goal for a stock wheelbase production based car. That's the realm of streamliners and such.
    You still have an exquisite car.
    Imo nicer then the two record breakers as it still looks like a reputable drag or exotic automobile.
    Your chute system is phenomenal.
    An all out tribute to the Traxxas XO-1.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    Wow! That's some serious imagination you have lol. Awesome build buddy!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    My phone says 3 hours.
    Hmmm... I wonder if we could work out something. I'd be willing to make the drive if I can find the time to do so.

Jeremy
    Jeremy

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    You still have an exquisite car.
    Imo nicer then the two record breakers as it still looks like a reputable drag or exotic automobile.
    Your chute system is phenomenal.
    An all out tribute to the Traxxas XO-1.
    Thanks bud!

Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    Hmmm... I wonder if we could work out something. I'd be willing to make the drive if I can find the time to do so.

Jeremy
    Maybe so. I actually have a contact on an opportunity at Harnett county airport. Supposedly they are repaving the place and it's closed down for a few weeks. A guy I know lives beside the supervisor and he can get me in there. May go this weekend.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-07-2013 at 09:14 AM. Reason: merge

RC Champion
    Oh man, a freshly repaved air strip!!! That would be a dream. What day are you planning and how soon will you know for sure?

Jeremy
    Jeremy

RC Qualifier
    I don't really know yet. For all I know the place has bumps worse than a dirt road. I'll keep you posted.

RC Champion
    Sounds good.

Jeremy
    Jeremy

RC Competitor
    @TheStenchOfSpeed How do you prevent roll overs? Do you add weigh to the front fender?

RC Racer
    Is that XO1 on what appears to be miniature dyno? Please tell me where you got it....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIFTT IX MR View Post
    Is that XO1 on what appears to be miniature dyno? Please tell me where you got it....
    I made it. There's a thread on here about it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by krustythe View Post
    @TheStenchOfSpeed How do you prevent roll overs? Do you add weigh to the front fender?
    Aerodynamics. It's all about not trapping air under the car. Downforce provided by an adjustable rear wing but ultimately managed by a modified shock that limits compression at a predetermined ride height.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-07-2013 at 09:02 PM. Reason: merge

Dude your fabrication skills are just plain sick and can not wait to see a vid of that beast go down the runway.......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Racer
    Man I'm glad you rebuilt that car !!! That thing is just plain awesome. I would love to see it run in person. Videos don't do it any justice I'm sure.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys! Keep in mind, I've crashed this thing many more times than that one video you have seen. Getting the car to this point has been an extremely laborious project.

From now on I think I'm just gonna post all my tech and stuff in this one thread. Keep it concentrated.

The latest thing I have been working on is parachute design. I finally gave up on the one large circular chute. Too violent no matter what I did. Now I am using twin drag style chutes. This actually works way better. Plenty of stopping power but it doesn't try to lift the back of the car. Much improved. Plus it just looks cool.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks Miles!! You should bring yours next time I run. We can see who gets to 160 first! Sound good?
    sounds great but unfortunately for your case i have already hit 165mph with my car on 12s and anthonyV has hit 161mph on his 8s set-up. speeds were verified with several bushnell radar guns. ill be more than willing to come out and run but anthonyv has his car up for sale so good luck getting him back out ever again. i know you mentioned you lost your running spot but i just found a huge spot almost 1/2 mile long in charleston if you guys would like to come down for a weekend. im not trying to have the fastest car i just found a good deal and figured with anthonyvs input that i could put together a simple setup that would clock higher than 160mph for under 1300 bucks all said and done. and i did that while keeping things simple.

its real cool to see what you did. not the first twin engine setup in teh world to be done though. it only took you the better part of over a year to post it up huh? the one thing i dont get is that you have claimed issues with tire blow outs at 120mph all the way up to 160mph now. either way you have yet to provide any proof you have ever hit these speeds bc they are speeds that you 'think' you are hitting now. dont get offended im just trying to understand your through process here. why did you spend so much time with building a custom dyno to just monitor what stock tires are doing? you did an awesome job dont get me wrong but why didnt you invest your time into developing a tire solution? anthonyv had his engineer buddy from college that works at michelin come up with a solid compound tire for his 161mph set-up. zero expansion and zero blow outs. im using these on my 12s now and the reason why i have not gone above 165mph is due to limitations on runway and aerodynamics of the vehicle. it seems like instead of correcting your problems you just keep throwing more power at the car which is clearly not helping you since every video you post is a wreck. it is good you recognize that you arent going to set any records with a production car. because the xo1 is limited in that aspect. a lot of guys on here dont realize that. but that is what you get when you come to a forum that seems to be about how to paint shells, anodize wheel nuts, and posting up pictures of unboxing xo1's that just sit on the shelf to collect dust.

teh only thing nuclear about your car is that it seems to have been a huge nuclear waste of your time.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Long View Post
    sounds great but unfortunately for your case i have already hit 165mph with my car on 12s and anthonyV has hit 161mph on his 8s set-up. speeds were verified with several bushnell radar guns. ill be more than willing to come out and run but anthonyv has his car up for sale so good luck getting him back out ever again. i know you mentioned you lost your running spot but i just found a huge spot almost 1/2 mile long in charleston if you guys would like to come down for a weekend. im not trying to have the fastest car i just found a good deal and figured with anthonyvs input that i could put together a simple setup that would clock higher than 160mph for under 1300 bucks all said and done. and i did that while keeping things simple.

its real cool to see what you did. not the first twin engine setup in teh world to be done though. it only took you the better part of over a year to post it up huh? the one thing i dont get is that you have claimed issues with tire blow outs at 120mph all the way up to 160mph now. either way you have yet to provide any proof you have ever hit these speeds bc they are speeds that you 'think' you are hitting now. dont get offended im just trying to understand your through process here. why did you spend so much time with building a custom dyno to just monitor what stock tires are doing? you did an awesome job dont get me wrong but why didnt you invest your time into developing a tire solution? anthonyv had his engineer buddy from college that works at michelin come up with a solid compound tire for his 161mph set-up. zero expansion and zero blow outs. im using these on my 12s now and the reason why i have not gone above 165mph is due to limitations on runway and aerodynamics of the vehicle. it seems like instead of correcting your problems you just keep throwing more power at the car which is clearly not helping you since every video you post is a wreck. it is good you recognize that you arent going to set any records with a production car. because the xo1 is limited in that aspect. a lot of guys on here dont realize that. but that is what you get when you come to a forum that seems to be about how to paint shells, anodize wheel nuts, and posting up pictures of unboxing xo1's that just sit on the shelf to collect dust.

teh only thing nuclear about your car is that it seems to have been a huge nuclear waste of your time.
    Bear in mind Miles, I am referring to actual mph, not imaginary "internet" mph. Very different thing.

It is apparent from your post that you have a tough time with reading comprehension.....so I'll try and help you out. As far as the tire failures at "120 and 160", I never said anything of the sort. I've never even claimed to have been 160. (Neither has AV, so you guys might want to get together and get your stories worked out) I have REPEATEDLY said that the stock tires will fail at around 140 and that I have modified tires to go 150.

As far as the dyno goes, I REPEATEDLY stated that the purpose of the machine is to be able to test modified tires right here in the shop without destroying the car. What is so hard to understand about that?

Next you claim that I just keep "throwing more power at the car".........the car has been powered the same way for the better part of a year now. I spend my time working on tires and chassis. That is the reason this car is FASTER than your cars.

I'll just be blunt. I don't believe any of either yours or AV's claims and I don't think many people on this forum do any more either. You claim that I don't offer any proof of my claims. This is true. BUT......neither do you. So at the end of the day I suppose people will just have to believe what they want to believe. I have purchased a timing system and I think most people have found my posts on here to be nothing but veracious.

I hope that Traxxas doesn't once again decide to "hyper moderate" this forum. I can stand the criticism and I don't think a little discussion about this is ever going to hurt a thing.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-08-2013 at 03:58 PM. Reason: merge

RC Champion
    but that is what you get when you come to a forum that seems to be about how to paint shells, anodize wheel nuts, and posting up pictures of unboxing xo1's that just sit on the shelf to collect dust.

Hey, I resemble those remarks

Just here trying to learn, have some fun, however you don't have to play the elitist B card to make us recognize your great accomplishments.

I'm not out to set or break any world records, but I'm interested I those solid tires. I have often wondered why they are not like than for most on road cars....

RC Qualifier
    Lets see some pics of these solid tires. Tick tock, tick tock.

. . . you did an awesome job dont get me wrong . . .

1) Stop attempting to cloak your personal attacks by using words of praise.
    2) If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.

Bear in mind Miles, I am referring to actual mph, not imaginary "internet" mph. Very different thing.

It is apparent from your post that you have a tough time with reading comprehension.....so I'll try and help you out.
    See 2 above.

I hope that Traxxas doesn't once again decide to "hyper moderate" this forum. I can stand the criticism and I don't think a little discussion about this is ever going to hurt a thing.
    Constructive criticism is one thing, but personal attacks are not permitted. Please keep it constructive so that we don't have to close this thread.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-08-2013 at 07:46 PM.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

I'm not sure what it is about making a model or vehicle go fast that brings out the worst in some people and causes them to lose all vestiges of civility.
    If one doesn't like the moderation, one should try to not require the moderation instead of whining about the consequences of one's own actions.
    As cooleocool has suggested, this thread seen more than enough bad behavior already. If it continues, not only will this thread be "hyper moderated" but so will the membership. This is not a threat but I want to be absolutely clear regarding consequences.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    So by defending myself and stating that i doubt the veracity of anothers claims, I 'require the moderation'? Quite the opposite. What is it you would have me do to avoid the wrath of the badge wielders? I have used no profanity. I have only returned in kind.

RC Champion
    The Annihilator is a great build & I’m sure most members enjoy seeing the innovation & commitment associated with these types of builds. In my view they should be celebrated

I’m not directing this at anyone however big speed claims are usually contentious & hard to prove to the satisfaction of everyone….if you really care about proving a claimed speed it would seem logical to publish all relevant details to support the claim. If the details aren’t explained then there is always doubt, same with video – once you need to explain the when & why’s, the claim becomes less plausible. That’s not to say the claimed speeds weren’t achieved by when you’re posting a claim for peer review it just makes sense to me to be transparent

There are also specific events you can attend to have your RC speed measured & endorsed. The GWR people occasionally attend these also – so there’s credibility in the results because the way they’re run & measured doesn’t change

Just my 2 cents at the end of the day but I’d prefer to see celebration rather than denigration

RC Racer
    I still can't believe all the Modifications you all are doing to these cars !!! Its simply amazing !!!! I was out of the RC world for 22 years. The XO-1 commercial played during races gave me the bug to get one of them. I couldn't believe what they were out of the box. Now what has been done to Mod these things just blows my mind !!! Peace !!
    Last edited by XO-1 NUT; 10-08-2013 at 07:46 PM.

I have only returned in kind.
    That's the problem. If you don't like how someone is acting, it's usually best to avoid imitating their behavior. Take the moral high ground and move on.

Now let's try to get back to your regularly scheduled thread. At the end of the day, the car featured in this thread is pretty darn sweet!
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-08-2013 at 07:43 PM.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Champion
    What is pretty amazing is the speeds claimed here by some, at +165mph is faster than the actual recorded Guinness book of records,.. No? That's should be something to celebrate Big Time!

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/...odel-car-(rc)]

RC Champion
    Link doesn't work on my phone.

Jeremy
    Jeremy

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    Link doesn't work on my phone.

Jeremy
    Weird that.. Its the link to the Guinness Book of records, with the fastest RC electric car.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinness
    The top speed ever reached by a battery-powered radio-controlled model car is 260.32 km/h (161.76 mph), set by the 1:10 scale car, called Schumacher Mi-3 at Rockingham Dragway, Rockingham, North Carolina, USA, on 4 october 2008. The car was driven and built by Nic Case (USA).

The remote controlled car took approximately 6 months to build and was named the The Red Schumacher Mi3.

I was just thinking these boys here beat that cleanly and with out much fanfare or celebration...

Try again...
    http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/...model-car-(rc)

RC Champion
    Nic has set a faster speed which is currently awaiting GWR endorsement...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by PBO View Post
    Nic has set a faster speed which is currently awaiting GWR endorsement...
    Right, I seen that video.. Heady company kept around here

RC Champion
    And to think...I will be perfectly happy once I'm able to hit 80mph with my Rustler.lol.

Speed aside...I think this build is awesome.
    Despite the comments of some...you should be very proud of it.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Qualifier
    I have purchased a timing system just for this purpose and in future videos I will try to use it to verify my claims. Kind of hard to do with just one person but I will try.

I have pretty much disclosed my entire set up. The only thing that I have not revealed yet is tires. At some time I will disclose what I have been doing in this department as well but not until I am satisfied with the results. Anything else on the car is in plain view to be discussed. No panels concealing supposed 12s propulsion systems, etc. If there are any questions about anything on the car other than tires, I will gladly answer them. Anything you want to see on the car, I will take a picture of it and post it. I will also explain why it is on the car.

RC Qualifier
    StenchOfSpeed - awesome build. Keep up the great work. I've been doing some research on tire options. I'll PM you.
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 10-09-2013 at 11:22 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Sweet car please keep up the awsome build

RC Qualifier
    Looks like I have a date with an airport on Sunday. Should be interesting at least.

RC Champion
    Looks like I have a date with an airport on Sunday. Should be interesting at least.
    Take some vids man!

Jeremy
    Jeremy

RC Racer
    Good Luck Man !!!

RC Qualifier
    Records are meant to be broken! Good luck!