Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by neows6 View Post
    Sorry Peter we are saying the same thing. That half the twisting force is canceled out at the centerline. What remains is the 50%. 25% ahead of the front wheels and 25% from the force behind the rear wheels.
    My only implication was to counter a previous post stating that awd was more likely to lift the front wheelsboff the ground vs. a rwd vehicle.
    Which is not true. Awd just moves the twisting force closer to the cg therefore it appears more controllable in midair.
    Oh, I know. I'm just messing with you guys. I don't mind tech discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by luuk View Post
    Wow man your tires look very nice and im sure the can handle very high speeds but why you dont drill a few holes in the rim i think your wheels are a lot less heavy then.
    They will be lightened further before I run them. And these are just test mules. If they drive half way decent I might make some really trick CNC ones. These were just spun on a manual lathe. Very time consuming.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-23-2014 at 08:28 AM. Reason: merge
    The Annihilator....fastest XO-1 on planet Earth.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by luuk View Post
    Wow man your tires look very nice and im sure the can handle very high speeds but why you dont drill a few holes in the rim i think your wheels are a lot less heavy then.
    +1 on that one
    Traxxas Slash 4x4
    Traxxas Blast

RC Champion
    That's quite the wheel and low profile tire. As other have said, my thoughts would be to drill them out then sheet them for aerodynamics. But I'm sure you'll come up with something.

Question regarding tires, is it super hard to get the same tires and wheels Nic Case was using? They seemed good up to 188mph, so why reinvent the wheel, so to speak That's is unless you just need to roll your own, then I certainly understand.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStenchOfSpeed View Post
    Yeah, I'm down here in Denton. I will probably only make actual speed runs at race tracks from now on. I have found a couple of roads around here that are good enough to horse around on a little but nothing good enough to run all out on. Don't know of any do you?
    is piedmont smooth enough to run it? I assume thats where you run it based off videos. As far as other stretches, I wonder if their is any new closed off hwy corridors being built around here. that would be my choice

RC Racer
    Are we talking about Piedmont nc? Because if so that's real close to me and I'd love to see this thing In action
    Traxxas Slash 4x4
    Traxxas Blast

RC Qualifier
    There really aren't any local tracks with a shutdown area smooth enough to run this. Valdosta Ga, and Memphis International are the only two places I know of right now where I would feel safe running this at speed. I'm buddies with the manager at Memphis so that will probably be where I end up making passes.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post

Question regarding tires, is it super hard to get the same tires and wheels Nic Case was using? They seemed good up to 188mph, so why reinvent the wheel, so to speak That's is unless you just need to roll your own, then I certainly understand.
    I'm really just going down my own path here. If my original plans were to just build the fastest RC car in the world, this whole thing might look significantly different. I have no illusions of outrunning Case. My immediate goals are to go 160. After that, we'll set another goal.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post

Well Nic has wheels made of carbon fiber I'm pretty sure he made them or had them made. Not sure on the actual tires. I'd have to look up his build thread.
    E-revo mmm/2200
    100+mph tc4 neu powered

RC Qualifier
    I finally have it in a drivable condition. The problem I am now having is that it has ridiculous amounts of grip. If you turn too hard it tries to grab and hop. This results in breaking tie rods. I've already broken 3. With the wheel being solid, there is no give whatsoever so the shock and suspension are worked really hard. This is gonna take some more tinkering.

RC Enthusiast
    Looks cool , and for the push rods you can upgrade them to aluminium or rpm im sure they will hold up better then

RC Qualifier
    The problem is the ends. If I upgrade them I might look into going to a large scale link of some sort.

RC Qualifier
    Ok, made another attempt. Looks like this is going to take some more work. The wheel bearing system on an XO-1 is woefully inadequate even on a stock car. Miles of slop. When you combine this with big wheels and lots of grip you have a car that "rear steers" and wanders all over the place. I think with stock wheels, the tires and slip absorb this, but that is eliminated in this set up. Wherever the wheel is pointed, that's exactly where it's going.

The other thing is these wheels are beating the snot of the rear bearings. Bearings last NO time whatsoever. I'm going to have to do another major fix on the back of this car and replace all that stuff with over sized bearings with no slop. I have a Losi DBXL and I noticed that it has ZERO slop with a much larger bearing.

RC poster
    Has yet to be proven.....

Nope ! Hard for me to believe you went that fast due to the stock tires you have at the rear and the distance given. As for the tires, they WILL pop when you get over a certain speed (anywhere between 102 to 118 mph). some people get lucky with a proven speed of 122mph. But most (if not all ) people that claim they went over 122 mph, usually never have a vid proving they ever gone faster than 122. As for the distance, you would need as least 1/4 mile to claim what you are claiming as to start the speed, to reach the speed targeted, and the needed distance to stop the thing, especially the a parachute!! There is a vid on youtube that "claim" their X0-1 did 148mph, according to their garmin gps. BUT even that vid doesn't reveal the X0-1 going that fast at all!!
    Last edited by Double G; 06-30-2014 at 10:55 AM. Reason: merge, edit button comes in handy

RC poster
    Tried balancing the wheels yet?
    Last edited by Derj68; 07-02-2014 at 03:32 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Derj68 View Post
    Has yet to be proven.....

Nope ! Hard for me to believe you went that fast due to the stock tires you have at the rear and the distance given. As for the tires, they WILL pop when you get over a certain speed (anywhere between 102 to 118 mph). some people get lucky with a proven speed of 122mph. But most (if not all ) people that claim they went over 122 mph, usually never have a vid proving they ever gone faster than 122. As for the distance, you would need as least 1/4 mile to claim what you are claiming as to start the speed, to reach the speed targeted, and the needed distance to stop the thing, especially the a parachute!! There is a vid on youtube that "claim" their X0-1 did 148mph, according to their garmin gps. BUT even that vid doesn't reveal the X0-1 going that fast at all!!
    ...................I meant the pics with the stock rear wheels

RC Champion
    All your hard work reminds me of how the development pendulum always swings back and forth.... And as we push things to the extreme, the basis of design if often limited to it's origins.

I'm sure you'll get it resolved!

RC Racer
    Do you think that wing is necessary? I am sure you could go 10mph faster if you loose it.

RC Competitor
    At certain speeds a wing doesn't help you and can take away speed. Like what Cky above said 👆

RC Racer
    Annihilator is awesome
    Last edited by Shadow_summit757; 07-21-2014 at 12:40 PM.
    F-150 Raptor Stampede, LaTrax Teton, Summit

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cky View Post
    Do you think that wing is necessary? I am sure you could go 10mph faster if you loose it.
    I think his wing serves a dual purpose - down force and stability
    XO-1 #4...

RC Enthusiast
    a rear wing is a must , i tried to drive my x0-1 at 50-60 mph without rear wing and it felt very unstable