RC Enthusiast

Hey, am I seeing things........

does anyone else see a price change on the LaTrax site?

http://www.latrax.com/rally18-overview.htm

Now I see a $129.99 price listed and it use to say $149.99

Well that's good news!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Awesome! That's a very good price!
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

I wonder is there will be a cheaper, battery-less version. $109.99 would sound pretty good, lol.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Enthusiast
    I haven't been able to figure out why the price change? It looks great thought and as long as others can see it I feel better LOL

Now all we need is for that Coming Soon to go away and the Now Available to pop up there, that's all I'm waiting for now
    and as soon as I see it I'm heading to my local store to drop the dime or rather the $129.99.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    I wonder is there will be a cheaper, battery-less version. $109.99 would sound pretty good, lol.
    And, maybe TX-less too?

Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    And, maybe TX-less too?
    I think we've just left the land of possibility and gone to the realm of fantasy.

Edit: This is not to say that it is a bad idea or that I personally wouldn't enjoy that. But Traxxas hardly ever does that.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 10-02-2013 at 03:16 PM.

I like this idea.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I think we've just left the land of possibility and gone to the realm of fantasy.

Edit: This is not to say that it is a bad idea or that I personally wouldn't enjoy that. But Traxxas hardly ever does that.
    I know, but they did it with the helis...

RC Qualifier
    You guys mean latrax? haha

sent from the galaxy s4 aka the best phone around!
    summit and e-revo sv2 5700, BL p2ede

Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    I know, but they did it with the helis...

That's a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler13 View Post
    You guys mean latrax? haha
    That's not.

RC Qualifier
    That's a good point.

That's not.
    It was a joke. Cause it's latrax not traxxas

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4
    summit and e-revo sv2 5700, BL p2ede

Quote Originally Posted by tyler13 View Post
    It was a joke. Cause it's latrax not traxxas

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4
    I got it. Back atcha.

RC Qualifier
    In my opinion it was needing a price drop! In the UK it is still priced at 109 GBP which is $175!! You can get more RC for your money than that. So if it comes down by a bit, i think it will be a lot more competitively priced, and probably sell more. Don't get me wrong, i want one anyway!

RC Enthusiast
    I've been out of the hobby for quite some time now but I will get back in if this car ever hits the shelves. I've been doing a lot of looking and to be honest I've seen a lot less for more so I'm pumped for this car and if the price drop is legit then I'll
    be picking up an extra battery and maybe even some oil shocks from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by cossack4 View Post
    In my opinion it was needing a price drop! In the UK it is still priced at 109 GBP which is $175!! You can get more RC for your money than that. So if it comes down by a bit, i think it will be a lot more competitively priced, and probably sell more. Don't get me wrong, i want one anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by FATT47 View Post
    I've been out of the hobby for quite some time now but I will get back in if this car ever hits the shelves. I've been doing a lot of looking and to be honest I've seen a lot less for more so I'm pumped for this car and if the price drop is legit then I'll
    be picking up an extra battery and maybe even some oil shocks from the get go.
    It should be a great car for your return to the hobby! That said, I noticed that Tower Hobbies recently extended their estimated availability date.

RC Enthusiast
    What was the date they extended to?

Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    It should be a great car for your return to the hobby! That said, I noticed that Tower Hobbies recently extended their estimated availability date.

I believe they listed their estimate as early November. While Tower's estimates are not always correct, I see it as a good indicator that we won't see these cars hit the shelves this month. Hopefully we do soon, though!

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the news but the news isn't positive for my needs, my track is done inside my large 3 car garage and I want a
    car now to enjoy some fun. This LaTrax 1/18 scale looked to be a perfect size and value for what it has listed as equipment.
    I may have to go looking for another RTR this size or close to it and not wait to invest in this car.
    It's a bummer they haven't been more forthcoming with release date info.

I believe they listed their estimate as early November. While Tower's estimates are not always correct, I see it as a good indicator that we won't see these cars hit the shelves this month. Hopefully we do soon, though!

Hang in there, this is just how these things work. No one really knows when these cars will hit the shelves, we just have to be patient. The great news is that parts for these cars are already on the shelves! But rest assured, I'm sure you'll be able to get one soon enough.

Back in the spring of 2001, I placed an order for an E-Maxx. Right around that time, Traxxas had recalled the VX-12 ESC and was in the process of replacing it with the Novak EVX. I waited until the fall of 2001 until I actually got my hands on the truck--it was definitely worth the wait!

While this situation is different, I can still say that I'm positive that you'll be happy if you just hold out for a little while longer. The day will come when you have a LaTrax rally in your hands; when that day comes, I'm sure your garage track will be getting a lot of use!

RC Enthusiast
    I'm thinking the same things it's just hard waiting for something you've looked at and want. It looks to be exactly what we
    want for our scenario.
    I can't imagine anything is wrong, my local hobby shop said it looks like he could order the parts but no car so I can't see
    how that line is ready and the car wont be coming, it just needs to hurry up LOL

I think today I may just go order one of their two other RTR's in the little larger 1/16 size to see how it fits my layout,
    if it works ok then the 1/18 Rally we're waiting for should really work.
    As you can see I'm desperate LOL

Hang in there, this is just how these things work. No one really knows when these cars will hit the shelves, we just have to be patient. The great news is that parts for these cars are already on the shelves! But rest assured, I'm sure you'll be able to get one soon enough.

Back in the spring of 2001, I placed an order for an E-Maxx. Right around that time, Traxxas had recalled the VX-12 ESC and was in the process of replacing it with the Novak EVX. I waited until the fall of 2001 until I actually got my hands on the truck--it was definitely worth the wait!

While this situation is different, I can still say that I'm positive that you'll be happy if you just hold out for a little while longer. The day will come when you have a LaTrax rally in your hands; when that day comes, I'm sure your garage track will be getting a lot of use!

my local hobby shop said it looks like he could order the parts but no car so I can't see
    how that line is ready and the car wont be coming.
    I like the fact that the parts are available already. Usually you have to wait for the replacement parts to be available. Imagine how it feels when you break your new car only to find out that the part you need isn't available yet!

RC Enthusiast
    Good point about not having to wait on parts, having them available early and often is a good thing.
    I'm hoping they come out with a clear body down the road, I always use to enjoy doing a paint job and scheme on my own.

I like the fact that the parts are available already. Usually you have to wait for the replacement parts to be available. Imagine how it feels when you break your new car only to find out that the part you need isn't available yet!

Good point about not having to wait on parts, having them available early and often is a good thing.
    I'm hoping they come out with a clear body down the road, I always use to enjoy doing a paint job and scheme on my own.
    Already available, HERE for $9.25.

RC Enthusiast
    Whoa! Thanks for that ksb, I had only looked on the LaTrax site and hadn't done much searching yet. That looks to be good
    place for goodies and not a bad price either on that body as far as I'm aware.

It the car ever hits the shelves no doubt I'll pick one of those up.

Thanks again

Already available, HERE for $9.25.

Whoa! Thanks for that ksb, I had only looked on the LaTrax site and hadn't done much searching yet. That looks to be good
    place for goodies and not a bad price either on that body as far as I'm aware.

It the car ever hits the shelves no doubt I'll pick one of those up.

Thanks again
    Yes, I tried to find the part on a Traxxas-owned (for you, tyler13) site and I could not.