RC poster

Painting of ESC?

Has anyone painted the esc or motor. Is that possible?

RC Qualifier
    I painted my VXL-3m... The 16th scale ESC. It looked great. Obviously mask off the LED, wires, and heat sink though. You can't really hurt it with paint. The worst you can do is make it ugly. As for the motor, it will slightly insulate it so keep an eye on temps. If it's anodized, they make stuff to remove the anodizing so that you could polish it if you wanted to go that route. That's what I did, then wrapped or with carbon vinyl because it was too shiny for my black and chrome theme.

And be careful because you don't want extra heat build up on the esc and motor if you can help it........peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC poster
    Sweet, thx,
    Looks like I will remove the blue anodize and polish the motor and try to paint the esc black, going project blackout as well.

RC Qualifier
    Eastwood sells anodizing remover that I've never used. Grease Lightning cleaner will work and I've used that. Strong acid will also work. I've used undiluted phosphoric acid (pretty hard to find) and it worked but I left $300 worth of aluminum parts in the acid for too long and they were all ruined so be careful if you do that.