RC poster

Looking for help, event to meet up near Cleveland to get my Revo TRX 2.5 R working

My much younger brother got a Traxxas Revo TRX 2.5 R, used it until something likely broke, and let it languish in my father's garage for years. My father gave it to me and it was in rough shape. I've since cleaned it and took inventory of it. Fortunately, it seems complete. I'd like to see if it's something that I can get up an running. From what I can tell, it needs fuel and the 7.2V battery packs for the glow plug. Also, it doesn't seem like the internal battery is charging since the LED on the charger doesn't light. Is there anyone who knows these things who is willing to meet up at RC event or local hobby store and look at it? Or know of a good local hobby store who can evaluate it? Thanks in advance.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pteiwepq2o...2012.03.50.jpg
    Last edited by BlackOnBlackCobra96; 09-29-2013 at 11:04 PM.

RC Racer
    if you wanna ship it id look it over for you

RC Champion
    I see the manual in your picture. It is pretty thorough, and you will find a lot of answer in there. You especially need to read it in regard to tuning the engine. I, personally, have never used any of the factory starting or charging equipment, so troubleshooting LED identifiers and such are not my thing. I bet you will have it running in no time though. Most hobby shops charge to work on peoples vehicles, and you never really know if they know what they are doing. It may cost you like $20 labor for them to get it up and running. RC's are not really that complicated, but can be frustrating sometimes. If you can get past the frustration, you usually realize it is simple operator error.

The battery is probably due to be replaced anyway. If it were me, I would remove the battery, and go to the hobby store and buy the on-board battery, along with the 7.2v battery that you need.
    Believe 1/2 of what you see,and 0 of what you hear

RC poster
    Thanks guys. There is a local hobby shop. They might be able to make it work.

RC Competitor
    I live in PA south of erie