RC Champion

Um is this normal?

I was charging my lipo. 2s 30c 5000mah spc. I out in the volts at 7.4 and the amps at 5.0 but after 30mins I went to check on it and this is what the ez peak plus showed. Is that normal for it to change like that?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

This is hot it was when I first plugged it in. Also. The battery was not even warm after a full charge.

Last edited by Double G; 09-29-2013 at 08:49 PM. Reason: merge

Perfectly normal, lipos chargers lower the charge rate as the lipo gets closer to fully charged. By the end of the charge cycle it is a trickle charge of sorts.

EDIT: I moved this from the Traxxas Lipo forum which is for support of Traxxas Lipos tot he Traxxas Charger forum since the question appears to be really about how the Traxxas charger is working.
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 09-29-2013 at 03:11 PM.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    Oh sorry about that. Thank you for answering my question. Does that have to do with it charging a cell and moving to the next?

How do I make sure the batteries at 60% before storing them? I read the manual but not quite sure I am finding what I am looking for.

Last edited by mrtwohands; 09-29-2013 at 03:18 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    There should be a storage feature... storage charging.

Dad is right though... everything looked 100%!
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    OK now I see that option. Do I put in the same specs for storage as I do for charging? Will it just shut it self off after it reaches 50-60% charge? The highest it will let me go is 2.0 amps with the 7.4v

Yes... just don't expect the charger to reach the amperage.

RC Champion
    What does that mean? It will at least get to a safe charge and shut off automatically correct?

Any charger has discharging limitations... a chargers prime function is to charge, not discharge. So, if you set the amps to "X" and the chargers discharge limit is "Y" it is not going to fry itself trying to hit "X" if "X" is above and beyond its "Y" limit.

Once discharged/charged to storage the charger should alert you... a pack should never be left attached to the charger.

Now, if you want you can build a device that has a prime function of discharging... then you could bring your full (or nearly full) packs down a lot quicker at a lot higher amperage/wattage than the charger can handle. I built one mostly because I like to tinker... a lot. Dischargers are especially helpful when you charge up for a run only to have the weather change on you or you break shortly after the session begins.

RC Champion
    OK that is all I wanted to make sure that it would not in fact just keep charging after it reached its storage limit. I dont think I am ready to be customizing a charger of any shorts lol. I think I am fine with with what I have now till I can better understand what everything means and does.