Thread: New lipo owner

RC Racer
    Hey guys, well as the title says I am a new lipo owner. I've done some research on my own to get started with using and charging lipos properly. I have a traxxas 4200 maH 25c 7.4 lipo and traxxas ez-peak plus charger. I have charged my pack about 5 cycles since I've bought it and used a balance charge every time. I stated a charge cycle today and switched over to the cell charge screen and noticed the two cells were different but a few mins later they were the same. Is everything going ok?
    Last edited by Drew_1295; 09-29-2013 at 01:50 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Not sure how much different they where off? But sounds like it was before the balance cycle begin on the pack. And when you looked at it later the balance was completed.

samsung galaxy note 2
    rusler vxl, rusler xl-5, jato 3.3, losi 5ive T

RC Racer

Yeah I looked at it a few mins after I started the charge. They are now still both the same

Also my current settings are end voltage at 8.4, capacity cutoff at 5000maH
    Last edited by Drew_1295; 09-29-2013 at 02:17 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Cells are not going to be the same all the time... that is why we use balance chargers and that function every charge now. And since we (RC'rs) have used balance charging LiPo incidents have dropped dramatically.

The only time you really should be concerned about cell differences is after the charger claims the charge is complete, however you also want to watch to make sure that cells don't drift too far apart during use.

Your pack seems to be fine.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Jimmie is your FRIEND when it comes to lipo questions.

RC Qualifier
    I always wondered why the chargers even have a setting to NOT balance charge.
    Your doing everything right. Those #'s are fine.

RC Champion
    I love the EZ PEAK PLUS. I have had 2 for a while and they are great and simple to use.