RC Qualifier

Thinking about a stampede 4x4 for snow bashing

So living in new england we get some crazy snow, and im looking for a truck with good ground. Learence that is a 4x4 and fast so the stampede 4x4 fits the build, so i want to know how this handles in the snow because thats my main focus for this particular vehicle, wondering about either a vaterra twin hammer or a stampede 4x4 so let me know if the stampede is better and why it is better, also what are some parts i should look at upgrading such as driveshafts, etc. Thanks
    8 traxxas models and counting....

RC poster
    The twin hammers only has 1.9 wheels and I don't believe its waterproof. You could switch the electronics in it but could be pricey. Also it doesn't out of the box have near the speed or stability as the p4de. I don't think its designed for high speed without a lot of work and money. So upgrades for Snow bashing the pede a JC concepts over tray, paddle tires or some homemade ties with studs in them. The stock motor and ESC are decent but if you want stupid fast up grade. MIP s are a must if going for speed. I hear teckno drive shafts are good but if you upgrade to flexible rpm plastic or have a lot of travel in the suspension they will pop out. That would be a start for a snow basher after that the possibilities are endless. Good luck

RC Champion
    I would also think about the Summit with eg. a Mamba Monster 2 System

But what you definitely need are some snow chains or paddles.

RC Qualifier
    http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...8#.UkiOj4aUS8I

Not that I like integy products, and have not heard anything on these snow tracks, but its a start for you. There are other designs too, I could find them right now. Have you considered a Kyosho Blizzard?
    The message above or below may or may not be true

I would get some proline sand paws they would be sick in the snow dude......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    So what about right out the gate upgrades
    8 traxxas models and counting....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by LocatedGecko7 View Post
    So what about right out the gate upgrades
    Shock caps, slipper clutch bearing adapter, better tires and rear axles are popular necessary upgrades.
    The message above or below may or may not be true

RC Champion
    Best thing to my mind is to drive first of all and upgrade little by little - for snow you'll just need some paddle tires

Quote Originally Posted by Hirschowl View Post
    Shock caps, slipper clutch bearing adapter, better tires and rear axles are popular necessary upgrades.
    Hirschowl is on the money with the mods he has stated And get some titanium shafts to go with the shock caps just so they are bulletproof and then you will be ready to do some super big air.......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!