RC poster

*Facepalm* again

Long story short

2 weeks of tinkering and a bad rollover my used squaller is puttering out on high acceleration. I've tried retuning, cleaning the carb but I just can't keep it running more than 1 lap on a small oval. Frustrated I walked away from a sponsored race last night because BOTH the slayers were down, one wasn't even starting.

Got my sons running again but I'm on borrowed time with a cracked/resealed carb... I have a sneaking suspicion the carb is the culprit on mine...

I saw a few posts about the losi 3.4 and $12 cheaper than the direct replacement I'm not sure what else to do.

Funny thing is the throttle spring (behind the dust boot on the carb was the cause of my sons not starting)

Are there ANY non composite options?

Read this thread. Also, just get a Losi 3.4 carb, I love mine.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...3.4+carburetor
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC poster
    Did some thinking and some research in regards to that. The bottom line: The Losi carb is still the same plastic composite they breaks too easily. I will be springing for the OS 11k carb in the next few weeks. The durability is the biggest thing next to functional use and ease of tuning.

RC poster
    Just scored a Team Orion .21 nitro engine with a metal carb for $25. I'm hoping the carb will fit but now I'm curious if the .21 is larger power than the 3.3 (.21 = 3.5cc)

I'll break it down and see how it looks. Can't really spin the drive shaft but there's no clutch bell or shoes on it.

RC Racer
    Iif its a big block the carb probably wont fit, and it will more than likely have more power then the 3.3. Im not familiar with that brand
    T-MAXX 2.5R
    Slayer Pro
    Revo
    Monster Pirate