RC Competitor

couple lipo use questions

i got a couple questions here
    1.if i use my truck for say 15 min then shut it off before the low voltage detection comes on then a hour later can i just turn truck back on till the low voltage comes on or is it best to just use the battery up in 1 shot?
    2.if i use my truck for a bit then shut it off before batt is used up can i charge it from half full? or will that overcharge the battery

another if i charge my lipo till its full then dont use it and i plan on going away for a week can i slap it on storage mode and it will discharge/charge to the proper spec? also if i select storage mode on my charger it will charge at 1 amp is that correct?
    Last edited by Double G; 09-28-2013 at 10:24 PM. Reason: merge

Quote Originally Posted by zx809 View Post
    another if i charge my lipo till its full then dont use it and i plan on going away for a week can i slap it on storage mode and it will discharge/charge to the proper spec? also if i select storage mode on my charger it will charge at 1 amp is that correct?
    Yes storage charging is recommended if you are not going to use them for 2 days or more.
    The charger and the batts will dictate discharge rates.
    Run them down driving if possible,it's the fun way and quicker than a 1 amp discharge depending on the battery and charger being used
    then storage charge them when they are closer to storage voltage.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    You can run the truck as often as you want until you reach LVC. Just disconnect the battery everytime you are done running or the ESC may run the battery down below LVC.

The LiPo can be recharged to peak at anytime ... 3/4 discharged, 1/2 discharged, as long as the LiPo has not been damaged by discharge below the lowest voltage per cell per manufacturers instructions.

To maximize LiPo cycle life, it is best to keep charges between 40% to 90% of peak. Do not discharge below 40% and do not charge above 90% regularly. Realistically though we all want max run times so we go to 100% regularly and if you rc is using 2 batteries, they should be at the same voltage when you use them.

Storage voltage is just above nominal voltage (i.e. 3.8v/cell storage and 3.7v/cell nominal). If you have telemetry, just run the rc till you get to storage voltage and unplug. oesn't have to be perfectly 3.8v/cell, just close.

Have fun