RC Racer

easy peak plus and 2s dual charge board

I have an easy peak plus and the board to dual charge 2 2s lipos........I hook it all up and select 4s. but the charger is only seeing 3s. if I put each battery on the charger by them selves they both reas as being 2s on the charger.....did I get a bad dual charge board?

Possible... I would contact Traxxas. They have an excellent customer service record.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Racer
    will they support it if I bought it from amazon as new but in a damaged box, and not charging traxxas brand lipos on it? I am also wondering if its because one of my lipos is ever so slightly swollen. when I charge that one on balance its currently one cell at 4.08 and the other is at 4.01. and my other battery that is good both cells charge at the same rate......maybe its a battery issue?

Possibly a battery issue, but yes; Traxxas covers their products very well.

RC Racer
    oddly enough I balanced both batteries to 4.2 even the one that was way off. now when I plug them both into the dual charge board it sees it as 4s like it should. still think I will get a new set of lipos though. extra set never hurt anyone except my wallet.

That means the balancer did its job...

.07 off is not that far... the IR could be slightly different between the two cells. Some brands don't match their packs very well or it could be that the pack is getting tired. Tired packs when properly cared for and watched closely can last and still provide quite a few hours of fun out of them before they need to be retired.

It is your call though... some don't like to take any chances.