RC Champion

Questions on running CC1415 (Funny Car) 2400KV Motor

Hey guys,
    since i got unlucky with a used Tenshock SC401, I am thinking of getting the 2400KV Motor tomorrow. Since they have one at my lhs

So first of all: Is it a good idea to use this motor?

What dremel Job has to be done to the chassis to make the motor fit?

What gearing should i use (54/17)? So can use the 17T pinion that comes in the parts bag?

I will run 2 and 3s. ESC is the Hobbywing WP-SC8.

Thanks!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    Hey guys,
    since i got unlucky with a used Tenshock SC401, I am thinking of getting the 2400KV Motor tomorrow. Since they have one at my lhs

So first of all: Is it a good idea to use this motor?

What dremel Job has to be done to the chassis to make the motor fit?

What gearing should i use (54/17)? So can use the 17T pinion that comes in the parts bag?

I will run 2 and 3s. ESC is the Hobbywing WP-SC8.

Thanks!
    No one???? any thoughts ?????

That motor is awesome and will be crazy fast in your pede and geared right will run cool tooTry the 17t and check temps and change up or down to fit your needs.......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Awesome choice!!

I installed the exact same motor into my p4de and you do have to dremmel out a little section of the center driveshaft area to allow it to seat properly.

17/54 is a good place to start. currently im at 19/52 sometimes I gear it 22/52 but it runs a bit hot plus dont need to go that fast most of the time anyway. lol

I run mine on 3S and 2 / 2S in series(4S)... a singe 2S will not be much fun. Ive tried it.. It still wheelies and what not as that motor is a torque monster, but the top end is non existant.. maybe did 20mph for me.. Just not enough RPM on 2S..

RC Champion
    Thanks guys.

Still not 100% sure whether to get the CC1415 or a new Tenshock SC401 V2.

The 1415 is like 80 gramms more heavy and much longer so through leverage i hope motor plate und motor mount will hold up (both still stock).

I really don't need great top speed since i mainly run in very rough terrain.

EDIT: So the cover of the center drive shaft will be ok with the castel 1415?
    Last edited by soundmaster; 09-27-2013 at 04:51 PM.

If you only want run 2s and 3s go tenshock but if you want to run 3s or more go get that castle dude.......peace

RC Champion
    No 4s is too much. I liked the 3s performance with the velineon with 9T pinion. Almost too fast in my opinion.

RC Champion
    I decided to go with the CC 2400KV because of more gearing options and cooler temps (i hope). Also I am more the torque guy rather than the speed guy

So i read 2s with 17/54 is very slow with CC2400? But should be little faster than Velinon at 2s with 11/54?

Castle: 17x2400 = 40800
    Velineion: 11x3500 = 38500

Simple math or am i doing somethink wrong!

Your equation is flawed but I am not the one to tell you what the right equation is. Just plug your #s into the SPEED CALCULATOR and it will give you a good idea of the speeds.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    I don't think it is flawed.

I don't think it is flawed.
    Trust me it is. You are multiplying the pinion gear by the kv. It should start with the battery voltage x the kv to get motor RPM and then that # would be multiplied by the final drive ratio. Try using the link I posted it does the math for you, trust me it is not pinion count x motor kv.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

With the rest the same (spur size, battery voltage), you can use those numbers as equation.
    The 2400Kv with a 17T pinion will be 40800/38500 (1.06) times faster than the 3500Kv with a 11T pinion.

The result of the multiplication says nothing on itself tho, best is to use the speed calculator where Dad linked to, to see what your car does speed wise.
    Nobody is born with experience.

Give us an update after a few runs of the new motor dude.......peace

RC Champion
    Got the CC1415 like 3h ago from my LHS. Installation is very easy with a litte dremel. I use the 17/54 on 3s.

I read somewhere that the stock screws to mount the motor to the plate are too long so i used little shorter ones.

Then the Maiden run: I tell you this motor is just sweet and awesome. Throttle trigger movements always between 1/4 - 1/2.
    Did some jumps and nice offroading. After the pack the motor was not hot at all. Just amazing torque this motor has. I love it. Moved the hole story to a different level

EDIT: Also i had to build a new mount for the esc. Pretty simple though.

Last edited by soundmaster; 09-28-2013 at 07:35 AM.

Awesome man I am well happy for you dude and I bet its a powerhouse now........peace

RC Champion
    This should have been the Stock motor in the Stampede 4x4

On the ESC (Hobbywing WP-SC8) I still run factory default setting.

Really cool temps though and tons of power. I'll try 2s next time. Since 3s is almost too much for my bashing spots

When you have spare time go through the settings because it will run better after you have a play trust me dude.....peace

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    When you have spare time go through the settings because it will run better after you have a play trust me dude.....peace
    So what setting do you recommend?

Timing: 0?
    Punch?

THX!

RC Champion
    Ok so i changed my setting to the following:

Low Voltage: 3.4V
    Max Reverse: 50%
    Timing: 0

And put the punch on 6-7 and make sure the drag brake is off too dude and give that a try.......peace

RC Champion
    Ok thanks i'll try that too.

I am pretty happy with this combo

Programming without the box is also pretty simple once you get the hang of it and understand those beep signals

Cool man I had the program box as part of the combo deal from funshobby so its a bonusBut now you should be super happy with your pede..........peace

RC Qualifier
    Got the CC1415 like 3h ago from my LHS. Installation is very easy with a litte dremel. I use the 17/54 on 3s.

I read somewhere that the stock screws to mount the motor to the plate are too long so i used little shorter ones.

Then the Maiden run: I tell you this motor is just sweet and awesome. Throttle trigger movements always between 1/4 - 1/2.
    Did some jumps and nice offroading. After the pack the motor was not hot at all. Just amazing torque this motor has. I love it. Moved the hole story to a different level

EDIT: Also i had to build a new mount for the esc. Pretty simple though.

Awesome choice!!
    I agree this is the motor that the p4de should have came with lol. I picked up the LCD program box with mine and I would definitely recommend picking one up I know my WPSC8 had a firmware update available as soon as I plugged it in to my computer. Simply for the firmware updates it's worth it to buy the program box just make sure to get the newer one with the lipo cell checker
    http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=215

RC Champion
    Thanks dude. This will be my next purchase for sure

I'm really happy to have bought this motor. On 3s it's a beast. I'll try some 2s runs tomorrow. Speed should be similar to Stock on 2s.

Get off ebay they are cheaper that the lhs dude......peace