RC Racer

Worth getting a QR-1 for $30 off craigslist

Guy says he replaced a blade and now it won't leave the ground. Is this believable? Comes with a couple of batteries and extra props and such. Wants $30 for it, I wanna know if it ever will get back up. Want to learn on a small quadcopter the basics before going big.

Sounds like he put the wrong blade on it. They are labeled A and B if you put the wrong one on it wont fly. IF that is the case it is an easy fix and woudl be a steal at $30 if everything else is in good shape.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    Sounds like he put the wrong blade on it. They are labeled A and B if you put the wrong one on it wont fly. IF that is the case it is an easy fix and woudl be a steal at $30 if everything else is in good shape.
    What if it isn't this? What are the common problems that make this little thing unflyable?

RC Champion
    im not to sure on the a and b but if he has a pic of the copter and the blade colors arnt equal then could it be that he has the wrong blade on?
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

Color of the blade does not mean anything. You can miss match colors as long has you have the A and the B blade in the correct location.

If it is not the blade it could be a bad motor, If not a bad motor the board is bad. There is just not a lot that can go wrong with these things they are simple with virtually no moving parts.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer

Here is what it shows. That's what his description says, all motors run but won't get off the ground.

I cant say for sure but I THINK the front right blade is the wrong one.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    Hmm. Ok so I'm on the fence. He's not that close to drive to make it worth it but I'm not sure if it's the blades or not

RC Champion
    if all else fails a new circut board can be had for about 14 buck over at daller hobbyz

RC Racer
    Is that another common failure, circuit board? I just don't want to pick it up realize its something that is going to cost 30 more bucks and then for another 10 realize I could have had a brand new one.

RC Champion
    true!

but i dont know about comon failures with the mini quad .i was just looking around dollarhobbyz. what they do is basicaly like a chop shop. buy the copter and take it apart.....but i dont know where you are. so shipping could easly put the bill up to 20 plus .then your into a new price range....least you could use this one for parts.

RC Qualifier
    I saw that ad too and thought about it. But I could not justify it. Dollarhobbyz is located in the same State ( MN ) that this item is for sale. Circuit board is about $14, Shipping $3.
    I ordered from Dollarhobbyz Tuesday, got my stuff Wednesday. But I'm only 30 miles from there location too.
    I guess if I was in the market I would go get it. ( but for $25, heck offer $20! )
    Plus if you get a poor quad. It becomes your parts heli and order just a normal qr-1 without remote for under $50.
    But used is always a risk.
    Stampede VXL
    Stampede 4x4 Monster Mutt

RC Racer
    Well since I'm from at least a half hour drive from this guy I figured I'd see if he comes to the city every once and a while or if he'd ship. Got a smart response back so I'll pass. Not gonna drive a decent distance for something I know doesn't work