Thread: revo crawler

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar

revo crawler

I converted a 3.3 revo to electric shortly after the revo came out. I used an emaxx tranny, and promptly burned up the ESC because I was actually running it backwards. Shelved the truck for years.

I have dug it out, and concluded 3.3 diff's and an original emaxx tranny aren't up to new school bl power.

Not sure what to do with this truck now. If I put a crawler motor in, lock the diff's, and put on a set of soft crawler tires, how would it do as a crawler?

Otherwise I guess I can part out the revo 3.3 front and rear end and shocks/wheels and tires.

I have LT rockers on it and could soften up the suspension.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Racer
    The summit is a okey crawler so the revo could be an okey crawler

Alright, that was the post I was hoping for! Lock the diff's, get soft tires, soft springs, and gear low?

RC Qualifier
    The summit is one of the better trail trucks available. It won't out crawl a solid axle truck, but it holds its own.

Lt rockers. Dbl orange Springs all around, 70wt oil, locked diffs and some soft tires will do wonders.

The stock summit tires are amazing for slow running and crawling, but balloon and tear easily. Trenchers x with cut foams are good all around but a little small. The original trenchers are a bit taller and would work better for crawling. Mud slingers work well too, once broken in.

If you need a new brushed motor, look up the Dewalt conversion. It's a rock solid motor that will be slightly faster than the origional titan. If you are going brushless, make sure it's sensored or crawling will be very difficult.

A brushless summit had been my favorite truck while I lived in the woods. Once I moved to the city, I ran out of interesting terrain and faster trucks have since taken my affections.

I have an HV maxx 6.5 system, but I imagine that motor is a little fast. I have lots of old emaxx titans. What about one or two of those geared as low as I can get it? I figure that'd be more fun than scrapping the truck.

RC Qualifier
    The old emaxx motors will do just fine if that's what ya got.

Don't have an ESC to run it though. Ill try to score a cheap evx.

I think I'm going to find an evx and set this thing up with dual titans. I used to be pretty happy with my old emaxx on 14 NiMH cells, until brushless came out. I think it could handle brushed power fine with the old school tranny and 3.3 diffs.

Right now I have one 2055 servo in it. I'm looking for suggestions on a steering servo to make it better for crawlingish duties.

RC Champion
    In the Summit forums you'll see a lot of people have gone to a single servo steering setup with either a Savox 1230 or a Hitec 7950.
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

I have a single 2055 stocker in there now. The other servo mounting spot holds my shifting servo.

Would an hvmaxx motor/ESC serve decently as a crawler, medium speed truck? Or is it just not torquey enough at low speeds for crawling. I'll gear it as low as I can.