Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the great pick me up Jimmie. Their putting in some new equipment at work and can't run production at the same time for fear of contamination . I make BallPark hot dogs for a living.

I doubt you will be laid off for eternity... my job was automotive based and went to competitors in Mexico. The autophoretic plant I worked at is still in business, but they only run production 8 hours a day for 3 days... a far cry from 20/6 we used to run.

I am very please with the way that layoff turned out... the reduced stress, the lower blood pressure, the lack of ulcers. lol Now I have time to raise my kids... as I am a stay at home Dad. We restructured our finances and sold off a lot of what we thought we "needed" to have the life we have now, but I don't think we would want it any other way.

I still make a little on the side... what I make pays for vacations, eating at restaurants, ordering pizza... the non-essentials and the extras.
    Last edited by JimmyNeutron; 01-22-2014 at 12:37 PM.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Hmm layoffs must be going around. Found out our American owners are shutting down our Canadian stores. 1600 people out of work

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Looking at the bright side 2 weeks off will give me time to extend the chassis 2 inches and get some other smaller things done that I have been putting off. The hitch I built for my other Summit works good as a wheelie bar so I might make one for Overkill too.

RC Qualifier
    Got around to working on Overkill today and thought i would post a pic on the progress . It's not as nice as the Kershaw Design chassis but all i had to work with was my cordless drill ,dremel and the wifes scroll saw.[IMG][/IMG]
    Here is what i have done so far. Still need to cut out the bottom plate that holds the batts .I broke the only 2 blades the wife had for the scroll saw so gotta beg for some rc funds in the morning.[IMG][/IMG]
    Gonna look much better with the wheels lining up with the wheel wells.[IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Nice custom work
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

I am surprised... I expected to see an extended chassis that accepted two front bulkheads and 4 steering servos for a 4WS chassis!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    I am surprised... I expected to see an extended chassis that accepted two front bulkheads and 4 steering servos for a 4WS chassis!
    I thought about that for the last 3 days. With this chassis design it would be simple to do just spin the front chassis around and trace it out over the rear. The main thing that stopped me was the thought of trying to setup rear steering through the remote. The good thing is i have enough aluminum to do about 2 more chassis so maybe next time.

RC Enthusiast
    Truck is looking crazy!!

Curious what the size of those tires are? I was looking at the 40 series version, but I didnt think they were that wide. I've seen others posted pictures and they look much narrower...???

Also I noticed they are out of stock all the time, anyone have any suggestions?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucksSummit View Post
    Truck is looking crazy!!

Curious what the size of those tires are? I was looking at the 40 series version, but I didnt think they were that wide. I've seen others posted pictures and they look much narrower...???

Also I noticed they are out of stock all the time, anyone have any suggestions?
    These are the 40 series Super Swampers The 40 series Mudslingers look pretty much the same just shorter and narrower. Yeah it took forever to get all 4 of these from RC4WD because they were out of stock and had to make my own rims because they never had them . Try Ebay you can find a few different 40 series tires from RC4WD.

RC Qualifier
    Not sure if you can see the pic well enough but here is the drawing of 4WS version. May cut it out later if i get some blades for the saw.[IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion
    Wow!!

Excellent work man, I can appreciate the amount of work it took to get that stuff cut out without the proper tools, well done.

I really like the look with that truck body now too, keeping my eye on this thread more than ever now! =)

RC Qualifier
    Got the battery plate cut out but made a few improvements. Moved the batteries forward 3/4 of an inch for better weight distrabution . I also added 3 inches to the front on each side to help protect the steering servos. [IMG][/IMG]
    Once i put the batt plate back on and started to hook the steering up i realize i had no way to put the screws in so i drilled a half inch hole in the batt plate for access to the servos. If i can find some longer screws for the chassis brace i would like to drop the batt plate down 1/4 inch to make more room for strapping the batts down. [IMG][/IMG]

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger9 View Post
    haha I know the feeling I have almost 80 rc vehicles now. she calls me a baby when I brake my trucks and keep wanting more trucks
    80?!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by malonefamily2003 View Post
    Not sure if you can see the pic well enough but here is the drawing of 4WS version. May cut it out later if i get some blades for the saw.[IMG][/IMG]
    nice - i might have to "borrow" that blue print for my next 4ws summit build. I have grown tired of waiting for a company to build a ready made 4ws chassis.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by noir 522 View Post
    nice - i might have to "borrow" that blue print for my next 4ws summit build. I have grown tired of waiting for a company to build a ready made 4ws chassis.
    I do have the original chassis that I could loan out so someone could make their own template. As long as someone would pay for return shipping.

RC Qualifier
    Let there be LIGHTS!!!

RC Champion
    ok did i miss something here? fill me in on that light setup

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    ok did i miss something here? fill me in on that light setup
    Its my little secret all i can say is the lights turn on when you press the door handle.

RC Qualifier
    Just playing Crock the body came with the lights and everything. I just had to remove the electronics from the old New Bright chassis and wire it up to work on Overkill. Myself I think it's the coolest features of Overkill and was one of the easiest . I still get tickled everytime I push the door handle .

RC Champion
    To cool.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Ok been pretty busy for the last couple of days. Had to make new drive shafts since i stretched the chassis . I tried to solder the old hi /low shifter linkage but no luck getting it to stick so took an old spring of same diameter and straightened it out to make a new linkage rod. I some how ripped off the little red connector on the taillights a few months ago and never got around to fixing it. Instead of soldering the red connector back on i cut the wires from one of my dead servos and soldered it on and ran a y-harness from the receiver . I also cut off the connector to the headlights and did it the same as taillights . Also cut some spacers to raise the receiver box to make access to batt straps. To get the front body up high enough to clear the tires i took some rear body post and cut out the cross section . The fornt body post are so tall the body seemed wobbly so i drilled the front post holes 1/2 inch forward so that the body would keep pressure on them and hold it still. I also place some 1/10 Summit tires in the bed just for S&G .So here are a few pics of the progress so far.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Yes both are 1/10 Summits . I was thinking of getting an Erevo but i think i need the 1/16 Summit now. [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    A 1/16 Summit will MAKE your collection.
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Qualifier
    Built a small hitch and put a log chain around the roll bars other then that its been a boring day ready to go back to work.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Until i get an esc and some other small items i think its pretty well done.

I find it INSANE that these are both 1/10 Summits:

Insane. I agree, with that extended chassis, body selection and clever customization tid bits it has really turned into an engineering feat.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Champion
    ya i had to take a second look. originally i thought it was a 1/16 hehe

RC Qualifier
    Just when you think your almost done it drags you back in . My 13 yr old son and i made a roof rack for overkill and added some stickers today. He was like dad i really wish we could drive this and it get me to thinking why not. Well the only motor and esc i had was the old stock one that i took out when i started this build. You bet your sweet *** i did. The Titan really held up good which is more then i can say for the 2 sets of batts i went through in 40 minutes. All this while never leaving low gear .
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Insane but fun!

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    The comparison shot really shows how well this truck was named lol...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    The comparison shot really shows how well this truck was named lol...
    Yeah its hard to tell from the pics and videos just how big it really is.

RC Qualifier
    What would you guys recommend as a good camera for taking videos? I made a few videos with my I Phone 4s and they look good when watching from it but skip and get blurry on You Tube.

RC Champion
    I got one of these takes great vid.. still working on a solid mount and something to take the vibration out from my tires.. But for the price you cant go wrong..
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/JS100...300894032.html

haha truck is as big as your dog..

RC Champion
    The gopro hero cams are also pretty popular, but also expensive.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Ya know, this thread sucks. I just realized that my summit that I am about to buy will never be this cool.

@ about 3:30 in your vid, overkill just easily climbs over a cinder block like a stock truck would navigate a little red brick lol. AMAZING!
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    The shakiness is from youtube trying to correct it. Don't let youtube do that. It says something like, 'it appears your video is shaky would you like us to fix it for you?" Don't click that.

RC Qualifier
    Your right it does suck guess i should just delete it. I had that cinder block special made its really only 3 inches tall and i dumped it there just to make the Summit look big. Hope that makes you feel better because i would love to see someone make a Summit Bigger and better. You could even do it with dual CC 2028 motors and dual Mamba Xl esc just for a little more power.
    All joking aside I owe you guys a lot for helping me on my way with this build. Thanks guys!!

RC Qualifier
    Found a snow plow for Overkill.[IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion
    Hahah looks MEAN!

One question, I looked up those tires $80. $80 EACH or for a pair?

RC Qualifier
    A pair plus shipping so 190 for all 4. The rims i wanted were 240 but they never came back in stock so i made my own for 45 bucks

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by malonefamily2003 View Post
    A pair plus shipping so 190 for all 4. The rims i wanted were 240 but they never came back in stock so i made my own for 45 bucks
    How exactly did you make your own rims?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk