Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Hoped to see a broken axle shaft just nothing major . Maybe once i get the super swampers mounted i will have better luck. I have a quick question for the guys that run a Mamba 2200 or a brushless motor close to it. What kind of gearing are you running with your setup and what gearing would you suggest i try next?

RC Qualifier
    Ok its not broken but its hurt. The bearing for the pinion gear in the rear end my have went bad. I will have to take a closer look tomorrow when i am off work. If i hold the front wheels and turn both rear wheels at the same time there is a loud popping noise. It sound like the ring and pinion gear are slipping but it doesn't happen in just on spot as if a tooth was broken off. I'm not usually a basher more of a trail guy myself just testing it hard to see if there is something else that need improved on.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Hope you dont find corn flakes in the diff area... That motor scares me lol...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Hope you dont find corn flakes in the diff area... That motor scares me lol...
    But it's a blast to drive. At first the noise sounded like the spur gear was getting eaten alive . Hopping for bad bearings or maybe bolts in the bulk head came loose allowing the pinion shaft to move side to side. No cornflakes no cornflakes!!!

RC Qualifier
    Ok couldn't wait until tomorrow . The inner bearing on the pinion gear was gone as in nothing left but the inner race that was seized to the pinion gear and the outer race . On the up side the entire diff was full of some pretty glitter. No broken teeth but they are now about 1mm shorter . Pretty sure its just gonna be cheaper to but a whole new diff and would be a good time to put in those aluminum diff cups from Leading Edge Machining.

RC Qualifier
    No one has had the beadlocks in stock and i had so time on my hands while i wait for my new diff to arrive. Only had enough rims to mount 1 tire for now but have 6 more rims on their way . No going to glue them just in case RC4WD gets the beadlocks in and they fit really tight so i shouldn't have any problems. Was just messing around when i made this one so when the others come in i will post some pics of how i made them fit if anyone wants to try it out.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]Just a hair bigger then stock wouldn't you say?

RC Champion
    Wow those are some tires.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Champion
    This built is AWESOME!! Very great job. Truck sounds like an absolute BEAST.

Those tires are HUGE. Those will get ya some good clearance.
    Slash 4x4 built from Proline RPM STRC TRX and MIP

RC Competitor
    Sorry this is a bit late, but there is a guy on youtube that makes some pretty sweet servo winches and sells them through a website. his channel name is Knoxmotorsports (on youtube), not to sure the name of the website, but pretty sure you could google it. the servo winch he sells is strong enough to pick up a 2or3 ton floor jack.
    Last edited by MudMisfit; 12-30-2013 at 08:51 PM.
    My name is Mud!!
    Summit LT

RC Champion
    Gezz from the side they looked like the mud slinger. You are going to have to glue em. I tried running the singers without glue on stock rims and they walked right out if the rim in less than 5 feet.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I put the axial 3.8 beadlocks on my revo-e conversion and love them. The hold up well, and will work with square beads and traxxas beads. I wouldn't get the chrome ones again without putting clear coat or clear nail polish where the wheel nut goes on. Even with the washers that come with, the chrome pealed at the center
    KCCO

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bash'n'slash View Post
    This built is AWESOME!! Very great job. Truck sounds like an absolute BEAST.

Those tires are HUGE. Those will get ya some good clearance.
    Thanks always good to hear.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MudMisfit View Post
    Sorry this is a bit late, but there is a guy on youtube that makes some pretty sweet servo winches and sells them through a website. his channel name is Knoxmotorsports (on youtube), not to sure the name of the website, but pretty sure you could google it. the servo winch he sells is strong enough to pick up a 2or3 ton floor jack.
    tried making my own but only had the stock Traxxas servo on hand. I will check this one out it sounds like what I am looking for. Thanks for the help.

RC Racer
    This is one redic build, can't wait to see all those tires on the truck. Keep up the great work.
    1/10 Summit & 1/10 E-Slayer

RC Qualifier
    Forgot to upload a pic from the front .[IMG][/IMG]

RC Competitor
    That's a Monster!! (Will be). Nice work! I'm used to my summit LT with 2.2's, and it's crazy seeing them next to the stock summit tires, but that thing....Wow. I can't wait to see that massive beast when it's done!!
    My name is Mud!!
    Summit LT

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MudMisfit View Post
    That's a Monster!! (Will be). Nice work! I'm used to my summit LT with 2.2's, and it's crazy seeing them next to the stock summit tires, but that thing....Wow. I can't wait to see that massive beast when it's done!!
    Thanks for the great words of encouragement . I really dig that GMC LT Summit you built as well . Those tires look awesome and the under glow lights make it look mean . All you need now is some black smoke rolling from those stacks.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    Gezz from the side they looked like the mud slinger. You are going to have to glue em. I tried running the singers without glue on stock rims and they walked right out if the rim in less than 5 feet.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    I thought it over and it looks like i might as well glue the wheels . The Summit is starting to get fat to the point that it needs to go on a diet. Just the rubber itself weigh around 3 pounds so if i keep the stock plastic wheels it should save me 4lbs .

RC Qualifier
    Installed the new rear diff just leaving it stock until i can order the entire set of hardened gears from Truckmonster. I stopped at LHS and picked up a 65 tooth spur . Had to move the esc over just a little so the motor would lay over enough for the gears to mesh. A 65 tooth is as small as i can go until i get a larger pinion. I also move the pushrods all the way in so that it would jack the chassis up for the front tires to clear the new body when steering.

RC Qualifier
    Rims are about 80 miles away right now so should be here in the morning . Taking it out now with my son's Rustler to see which one is faster. Might have to let out on the throttle just so he can win.

Jacking it up is hard on the cv joints
    Wears them quicker.and with the amount of power you have it's going to make them cry. lol

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    When i get the big tires mounted i'm gonna set the punch control at 50% to give the parts a rest . I have the field programmer so when i want to bash it a little its quick and easy to get the power back. Jacking it up is the easiest way to fit the F150 body . I think the body will be well worth some worn parts when done . My younger son would be upset if i don't use the body since it came off his toy rc and he thought it would look cool on daddy's Summit or as he calls it the (Fordit). We are both big Ford fans.

Not saying don't do it
    Just warning you to get a couple spares so the fun doesn't end to quickly.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Not a problem was thinking it might be easier to pick up a cheap roller on eBay for spare parts.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by malonefamily2003 View Post
    Not a problem was thinking it might be easier to pick up a cheap roller on eBay for spare parts.
    That would be a good idea. Disassemble it and put it in a tool box to carry with you.
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Qualifier
    Just wondering if anyone has seen a Summit do a standing back flip or if it would be possible without destroying it ?

RC Champion
    yep all kinds on the u tube

RC Champion
    Not the best idea for the diffs and drive shafts

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    Not the best idea for the diffs and drive shafts
    I knew someone was gonna say that. I Better wait for some more upgraded parts first.

RC poster
    I had a savage flux hp for a while before my summit and that thing is advertised to do standing back flips. Double flips if your using 6s. Initially I ran it on 6s and it broke all the time. Switched to 4s and could still do flips but I avoided it because it would still break stuff. I even stopped doing block long wheelies with it because it was blowing my front diff. That thing was such a PIA to work on I became scared to do anything that it was supposedly meant to do. I can't imagine the summit handling it well especially the way yours is set up no matter what upgraded parts you put on it. However, doing insane stuff and fixing the broken parts is the best part for a lot of people. If the savage was easier to work on I wouldn't have minded so much.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I did standing back flips all summer with my MT4... it is about the same size as a stock Summit, just a bit lighter with a entirely different balance and build. I am surprised it held up to the abuse... until fall. Then I split the rear differential cup... so, if it is possible to get that RC built up to withstand constant abuse, the Summit should be able to withstand the abuse some of the time I would think. The Summit does have more parts though... and yours has absolutely monstrous tires; that is a lot of weight to get moving all at once. Those are my only concerns as to the possibility of completing such a feat and the Summit taking it in stride.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cottoneyed joe View Post
    I had a savage flux hp for a while before my summit and that thing is advertised to do standing back flips. Double flips if your using 6s. Initially I ran it on 6s and it broke all the time. Switched to 4s and could still do flips but I avoided it because it would still break stuff. I even stopped doing block long wheelies with it because it was blowing my front diff. That thing was such a PIA to work on I became scared to do anything that it was supposedly meant to do. I can't imagine the summit handling it well especially the way yours is set up no matter what upgraded parts you put on it. However, doing insane stuff and fixing the broken parts is the best part for a lot of people. If the savage was easier to work on I wouldn't have minded so much.
    I started to get the Savage but then saw the Summit and had to have it instead. So glad i did its a ball of fun to work on and just as fun to drive .

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    I did standing back flips all summer with my MT4... it is about the same size as a stock Summit, just a bit lighter with a entirely different balance and build. I am surprised it held up to the abuse... until fall. Then I split the rear differential cup... so, if it is possible to get that RC built up to withstand constant abuse, the Summit should be able to withstand the abuse some of the time I would think. The Summit does have more parts though... and yours has absolutely monstrous tires; that is a lot of weight to get moving all at once. Those are my only concerns as to the possibility of completing such a feat and the Summit taking it in stride.
    I just put the Summit on the bathroom scales this fat cat weighs it at 29lb. Dont think it will ever see a back flip .

RC Qualifier
    SUMMIT OVERKILL[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion
    Those Tires are huuuuuuuuge!

RC Racer
    Wow! What a monster,Those wheels are huge.may I ask what's the weight per wheel with rim?

RC poster
    Holy crap that thing is gonna be awesome in deep snow and mud.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Someday... just maybe... I'll have those wheels with the proper upgrades to handle the stress.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cky View Post
    Wow! What a monster,Those wheels are huge.may I ask what's the weight per wheel with rim?
    Tires weigh 41.9 oz plus whatever 2 stock rims and a small amount of epoxy. So right at 3lb each.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    Someday... just maybe... I'll have those wheels with the proper upgrades to handle the stress.
    I will be one step closer when LEM releases those beautiful axle shafts and other goodies they are working on.