Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Time to order more parts .

RC Competitor
    What did you break? Looks like you lost a tool box LOL.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadingEdge View Post
    What did you break? Looks like you lost a tool box LOL.
    Stripped the servo horn and one of the shock retainers collapsed .

RC Qualifier
    The kids enjoy going to the skate park but OVERKILL not so much. All the kids were taking turns flying through some loose dirt. After a few doughnuts OVERKILL flips over and blows the shock cap off . I just threaded it back on without any shock oil to finish out the day.

RC Competitor
    What brand is that steering assembly?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx Racer View Post
    What brand is that steering assembly?
    It's made by a company called Blitz . I got it off E Bay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-Revo...item3a92860713

RC Qualifier
    Ordered an aluminum steering holder from the same company that makes the servo saver I just installed. Trying to talk the wife into letting me order some blue aluminum shocks from Integy.

RC Enthusiast
    Nice truck. Digging it

RC Qualifier
    Got some paint as close to Overkill awhile back and just got around to trying it out. Painted the bead lock rings and a set of center caps and of course i added the Ford emblems.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    I fixed the wheel slop a few months ago on my stock Summit. Stopped at the hobby shop today and picked up some of the HPI 5mm wheel nuts # Z682. Remove the hex adapters and cut half the threads off then used lots of bearing mount on both nuts . With the big tires there is still a small amount of slop but nothing like before.

RC Qualifier
    Got the top the chassis plate painted and the battery strap hold down bars. About half way through i realized just how much i dont like trying to paint.

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Painted the chassis braces true blue pearl . The wife got a little upset when i put the tires in the tub to wash them. The boys helped me scrub dry and put some tire shine on.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Got some more paint and put a couple more coats on the bottom side of the chassis plate. Their are a lot of deep scratches . Picked up some decals aka(stickers) and the boys chose this one . The plan is to put several coats of polyurethane over it in hopes it wont get ripped off too soon.

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Got the chassis together and put the tires back on.

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by malonefamily2003 View Post
    Got the chassis together and put the tires back on.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Dude this Skull really frightened me

Looks so mean to me

RC Qualifier
    Be afraid be very afraid.

RC Qualifier
    Gonna try and stop in morning after work to pick up a few things so I can try some copper plating. I have always liked chemistry since school and think it would be cool to put it to use in my rc addiction . I tried some plating a few days ago with stuff I had at home but the copper didn't stick too well.

RC Qualifier
    Painted the hitch today and tried some copper plating but it didnt turn out right .
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Got Overkill cleaned up and finished painting the roof rack . Boys made me put their trucks in the picture since they helped clean Overkill. We have been cleaning him up for 2 weeks off and on in plans to have Overkills picture put on a t-shirt. The wife thought it would be cute for a fathers day gift but he was covered in mud at the time.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Racer

Thumbs up

RC Enthusiast
    Nice. i like it. do you like KD chassie, just switched everything over to my new KD chassie and have not run it yet.

RC Qualifier
    I like it a lot better then stock . Looks better holds bigger batts and easy to tweak. I ran mine for just a few weeks before I removed it and stretched it 2 inches.

RC Qualifier
    Does anyone know where i can find the electronics to add some real monster truck sound effects to OVERKILL. I tore apart a cheap rc last night with starting and idling sounds and hooked it up . I'm looking for some loud revving sounds something that sounds mean.

RC Champion
    What about a small mp3 player and small speakers under the body?
    Xerun 150A 2200kv ERBE
    Dewalt 14.4v Summit

RC Qualifier
    I am looking for something like the Mtroniks Digisound module . I like the thought of it revving louder as you pull the throttle harder. I just didnt like the 2 second delay it had in both videos that i saw and that it wasnt loud enough.

RC Racer
    Just get a little nitro motor just for the sound and run the output connected to nothing
    Blue Summit with many blue leds

RC Enthusiast
    Awesome build.. I'm just starting my first custom build. It will be a summit as well.. I will definitely be getting a lot of ideas, tips and tricks from your build. Incredible truck man.

Mtronks digisound?

This maybe something that the new Harley Davidson electric motorcycle may need. People are already hateing on it because it cant produce that Harley Davidson exhaust note

potato-potatoe-potatoe-potatoe
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MandM tug-o-war View Post
    Just get a little nitro motor just for the sound and run the output connected to nothing
    I tried the whole nitro deal and didnt much care for it.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyWorks View Post
    Awesome build.. I'm just starting my first custom build. It will be a summit as well.. I will definitely be getting a lot of ideas, tips and tricks from your build. Incredible truck man.
    Thanks the kids fight over who gets to drive it all the time. Make sure you start a build thread and put in lots of pics. I never get tired of seeing new Summits and how people put their own touch on them. Ask any question or concerns you may have I'm sure someone will be able to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by noir 522 View Post
    Mtronks digisound?

This maybe something that the new Harley Davidson electric motorcycle may need. People are already hateing on it because it cant produce that Harley Davidson exhaust note

potato-potatoe-potatoe-potatoe
    Some things should not be electric and a Harley is one of them. Kinda takes the manliness out of it .Might as well call it a big scooter.

RC Enthusiast
    So far, I've ordered the chassis and RPM A-arms all the way around.. extended A-arms in the rear. I'll start a build thread when they get here and I'll order more stuff when I get more money..

RC Qualifier
    Dude where did u get a hitch for ur summit lol? I want one so I can pull my Lil cousin out and stuff lol?? Hey man I like ur tires I have the 40 series mud slingers and I was thinking about cutting the small lugs off so I can grip better u u think it would be beaa wise choice? Would my tire wear out alot faster?
    Last edited by Billgates1234; 08-19-2014 at 02:13 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Hey man how did u make ur summit longer is it hard to do r u just but a part to make it longer? What size tires u have on ur truck man how tall r they?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Billgates1234 View Post
    Dude where did u get a hitch for ur summit lol? I want one so I can pull my Lil cousin out and stuff lol?? Hey man I like ur tires I have the 40 series mud slingers and I was thinking about cutting the small lugs off so I can grip better u u think it would be beaa wise choice? Would my tire wear out alot faster?
    I built the hitch myself. I used some 1/2 inch square steel tube for the main part and 1 inch flat steel for the mount. I used a diff cv output drive (tra5653) for the ball. Cutting the small lugs should help you out alot . The tire will be just a little more flexible for better crawling , and they will grab and throw more mud and water in your case. They wont wear out any quicker as long as you dont cut into the tire itself. Some people like to leave just a small amount of the lug. Not to mention that they look cooler and mean as spit when you cut the small lugs out.

RC Qualifier
    Hey man how did u make ur summit longer is it hard to do r u just but a part to make it longer? What size tires u have on ur truck man how tall r they?
    It took some time and wasnt easy. I bought a Kershaw Designs aluminum chassis and traced it out on a sheet of aluminum making it 2.25 inches longer. If you really wanted to stretch yours Kershaw Design can custom make one for about 450 bucks. The tires are Interco Super Swamper 40 Series 3.8" TSL/Bogger from RC4WD. They are 9.68 inches tall 5.9 in wide and weigh 41.9 oz each. This is a pic of my tires next to your tires .

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Jesus dude I feel sick I have jumbo kongs and my 40 series mud slingers and ur super swamper make my jumbo Kongs look like trash what the crap jumbo kongs supposed to be the tallest tire made for a rc and ur saying these r almost 10inchs tall good god where can I buy buy them? I'm getting them things now wow
    Last edited by Billgates1234; 08-19-2014 at 03:58 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I found these tires on ebay what rims do I need to get man these things r bad to to the bone I love tall tires now I'm for sure going to be breaking stuff lol

RC Qualifier
    Jesus dude I feel sick I have jumbo kongs and my 40 series mud slingers and ur super swamper make my jumbo Kongs look like trash what the crap jumbo kongs supposed to be the tallest tire made for a rc and ur saying these r almost 10inchs tall good god where can I buy buy them? I'm getting them things now wow
    Thats why i bought them just because they were so much bigger then anything else i could find. If you want to wait RC4WD has some aluminum bead lock rims . I waited about 2 months and decided to make my own from the stock Summit rims. You will need 2 stock rims to make just one wide enough for these tires so 8 rims total. I took pics of how to make them but was too lazy or in too big of a hurry to post it in my build thread.

Here is a link toRC4WD it has the tire measurements.

http://int.rc4wd.com/Interco-Super-S...re_p_2824.html
    Last edited by malonefamily2003; 08-19-2014 at 04:46 AM.

RC Qualifier
    What should I wait for? Do they have the rims for these tires to fit on my summit 1 10? R Riley have to be special made?

RC Qualifier
    What should I wait for? Do they have the rims for these tires to fit on my summit 1 10? R Riley have to be special made?
    They are out of stock right now but you can have them put you on the waiting list. I waited 2 or 3 months for them to restock and gave up on them. A few weeks after i finished making my rims they were in stock again . It only cost about 50 bucks to make some from stock rims but you have to super glue the tire to the rim. I am sure you could buy Axial or some other 40 series beadlock rims and do them the same way so you wouldnt have to super glue the tires on. That way when the RC4WD rims come in stock you could remount the tires onto them.

RC Qualifier
    EBay has ur super swamper in Stock and they also have aluminum rims for these tires