Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by malonefamily2003 View Post
    No one has had the beadlocks in stock and i had so time on my hands while i wait for my new diff to arrive. Only had enough rims to mount 1 tire for now but have 6 more rims on their way . No going to glue them just in case RC4WD gets the beadlocks in and they fit really tight so i shouldn't have any problems. Was just messing around when i made this one so when the others come in i will post some pics of how i made them fit if anyone wants to try it out.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]Just a hair bigger then stock wouldn't you say?
    I assume you took two wheels and cut them down the middle and glued them together to make a wider wheel? .. though not the MIDDLE else you'd have the same size wheel, but basically.. used TWO wheels to make ONE wider one.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by wwSome View Post
    How exactly did you make your own rims?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    I bought 8 stock Summit rims cut 1/4 inch off 4 rims placed black electrical tape over the 2 holes in each rim. I cut all the beads off the rims to make them flat since the tires have a 1/2 inch flat bead .I used plastic epoxy and glued one short rim to each long rim placing the short rim on the outside. Took the dremel and bored out the center of the short rim just enough to get a 17mm deep well socket into . Then just super glued the tires on.

Forgot to add that when i glued the rims together i made sure that i rotated the spokes so that they line up between each other and not behind the ones in front. Hard to tell from the pics but i thought they looked better this way.
    Last edited by malonefamily2003; 02-02-2014 at 11:39 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Krallopian you just beat me by a few seconds guess i should learn to type faster.

RC Racer
    I bought 8 stock Summit rims cut 1/4 inch off 4 rims placed black electrical tape over the 2 holes in each rim. I cut all the beads off the rims to make them flat since the tires have a 1/2 inch flat bead .I used plastic epoxy and glued one short rim to each long rim placing the short rim on the outside. Took the dremel and bored out the center of the short rim just enough to get a 17mm deep well socket into . Then just super glued the tires on.
    Way to improvise! They look really good!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Couldn't sleep so i did a few small changes to Overkill. I thought the big Ford emblem was hard to see so i painted the letters white. I also painted the tops of my body post white so they would be easier to see when putting the body on.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I had a couple strips of red lights that were still mounted to my old plastic chassis so i figured why not. You can never have too many lights.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Hold on cause it only gets better had a couple of crazy thoughts.
    [IMG][/IMG].NO NO that's not it!!!
    OK so that 4WS chassis drawing just kept popping up in my head . I thought to myself you just flipped that front end around making it 4Ws and stretched 2 inches . Don't get no easier then that so why not step it up . Stretch that sucker 4 more inches then you would have enough room for dual trans and quad 775 titans. I thinking the mirror image type setup would be a piece of cake . I could even add a drive shaft between the 2 trans to connect them. Yes its would be crazy but i think that will be my next big plan for Overkill after i get in some play time first.

RC Champion
    you know your just killing me!!!! i want to get another summit and do a project like this.. Hmmmm wonder if the gf will notice her summit is missing?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    you know your just killing me!!!! i want to get another summit and do a project like this.. Hmmmm wonder if the gf will notice her summit is missing?
    If she is anything like my wife she wouldn't notice

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Cant wait to see the sideways ramps for the trailer 8)
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Qualifier
    I thought about putting ramps on the back when i first built it but with the Summit WHO NEEDS RAMPS?.

Wow didn't realize it but the trailer looks pink in the pics but i swear its red!!
    Last edited by malonefamily2003; 02-04-2014 at 01:01 PM.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    I like that you actually use this trailer... The mud on the tires is awesome.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    I like that you actually use this trailer... The mud on the tires is awesome.
    I do use the trailer quite a bit but that's not real mud. The tires came that way they are from a toy grade rc . It doesn't get used much during winter but its a must when i take the kids rcing. We have about 20 of the Radio Shack toy grade rcs so i built the trailer to carry my tool box full of batteries and their rcs when they get bored . If it not for this trailer Overkill would not exist. Back in the summer about 96 degrees i was driving my other Summit pulling the trailer hauling what was to be Overkill and lots of batteries . Toward the end of my third set of batteries the esc just died. Instead of buying another evx2 i wanted to upgrade .After a month of searching and planning Overkill was born. Funny thing is now that very same evx2 is whats powering Overkill until i can replace the Mamba xl2 that went bad.

RC Qualifier
    Awesomeeee truck! what are those tires called?

RC Qualifier
    Interco Super Swamper 40 Series 3.8 from RC4WD.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    I find it INSANE that these are both 1/10 Summits:
    i AGREEE!! i cant wrap my head around Overkill....thats insane!!!!!!!!!!

you sir, are clinically insane and we all love you!!

RC Qualifier
    Went to Tractor Supply to get some small parts for another project I'm working on . While at checkout i saw this and made the mistake of only buying one . Going back tomorrow and get a couple more . It looks a little small for Overkill but might be able to solder 2 of them together side by side.[IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Decided not to wait figured if i did they would have sold out since they only had 2 left.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    The single version seemed to small . Had to remove the roll bars so i could open and close the lid. Now i get to find stuff to fill it up.

RC Qualifier
    My son helped me add some tail lights to Overkill . We also put a switch in so that the headlights stay on . If i want the roof lights and the 3 orange lights in the grill on i just flip the switch off.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by malonefamily2003; 02-06-2014 at 06:02 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Made a video of my 6 year old son test driving Overkill after we finished the lights. When i told him i was putting it on You Tube he thought he was the king of the world. Mom wont let them drive the Summits especially Overkill but she was away and dad just keeps racking up the brownie points.

RC Qualifier
    Man that truck is cool!!! Totally fell in love with thr body! What is it?
    Summit RX8/1550kv-Slash4x4 MM2/2400kv Twin-V Merv.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by boilo56 View Post
    Man that truck is cool!!! Totally fell in love with thr body! What is it?
    Its a toy grade New Bright FordF150 Raptor I think it was 1/6 scale

RC Qualifier
    When I first saw your thread asking about an 8S XL2 Summit I was for sure it wasn't going to happen. But you have proved me dead wrong. You have gone against all odds and made the worlds most powerful and biggest Summit. I congratulate you on this build. Very, very well done sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelRobbo View Post
    When I first saw your thread asking about an 8S XL2 Summit I was for sure it wasn't going to happen. But you have proved me dead wrong. You have gone against all odds and made the worlds most powerful and biggest Summit. I congratulate you on this build. Very, very well done sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm sure someone else has done it before i not the only nut out there!

RC Qualifier
    I would like to cut the smaller lugs off my tires . I have tried the dremel with different bits and nothing seems to work with any speed . Is there some special tool that would speed this up? Thanks for any help.

RC Champion
    It's easiest when the tire is off the rim. You just pinch the tire together by the lug and use scissors (body scissors work great) to cut it off. Then, Dremel to smooth.

You can still do it with the tire on, but it's not as easy.

I used side cutters(dykes)and left a little bit on for durability on the slingers

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    Same here. Small pare of side cutters. Have a sore hand at the end

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys the side cutters are making things a lot quicker. Just leaving a very small amount of tread so it doesn't make the tire to weak. Using the dremel to remove the last little bit. Oh yeah can't tell you how much that flying hot rubber burns.

RC poster
    Go Caleb, show Daddy how to drive Overkill!!

RC poster
    Made a video of my 6 year old son test driving Overkill after we finished the lights. When i told him i was putting it on You Tube he thought he was the king of the world. Mom wont let them drive the Summits especially Overkill but she was away and dad just keeps racking up the brownie points.
    Go Caleb, show Daddy how to drive Overkill!!

RC Qualifier
    I have a quick question i need to know how much longer the Dewalt 820 motor is compared to the 775 Titan. I was planning on stretching Overkill and putting 4 -775 titans but wanna make the chassis long enough so if down the road i can switch them with 4 Dewalts . For now my plan is to leave Overkill alone since i love it the way it is and start fresh.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Last edited by Jimmie Neutron; 02-08-2014 at 11:58 PM.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Ok so i'm wanting to make a gear reduction unit Overkill. I would like to slow it down to about 10-12 mph in second gear . Right now i'm running the smallest pinion i could find 18 tooth 32 pitch with 8mm center bore spur is the stock 68 tooth. The plan is to some how join a small pinion and a large pinion back to back. Then mount that between the spur and motor pinion. The smallest pinion i could find was 11 tooth and largest was 31 tooth these are stock 5mm bore for more selection . Now my question is assuming it was a stock Summit what gearing combo do i need to hit around 10-12 mph? I know enough that the big pinion should run off the motor pinion and the small pinion turn the spur gear . I think so but that's as far as i can go.

RC Qualifier
    Well, i heard there is some 70, even 75 tooth spur, and you could take a 9t/3.5MM bore and bore it to fit small bearings on each side of the pinion. then drill a slot in the motor plate to allow gear mesh ajustments. But you probably already tought of that! So in short, it can be done very easely!

RC Qualifier
    Well, i heard there is some 70, even 75 tooth spur, and you could take a 9t/3.5MM bore and bore it to fit small bearings on each side of the pinion. then drill a slot in the motor plate to allow gear mesh ajustments. But you probably already tought of that! So in short, it can be done very easely!
    I know Kershaw Design makes the 72 spur but not sure it will fit the 68 tooth sets really close to the chassis might have to get it just to try . Boring the 3.5 just cost more and the people that i know of that can do it are the same people that have been working on this gear reduction unit for the last few months. The motor mount already has the slot for adjustments.

RC Qualifier
    You don't need to bore it all the way through, just deep enough to put the bearing in. You can do this yourself with a drill.

RC Qualifier
    You don't need to bore it all the way through, just deep enough to put the bearing in. You can do this yourself with a drill.
    OK i was thinking of boring all the way through may bad.

RC Qualifier
    no problem!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Traxxas has a 72 spur that fits with some slight modding to the chassis...
    http://buy.traxxas.com/product_info....oducts_id=6753

Probably going to be putting one onto mine if I can get one cheap enough.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    But you must remember to reverse the motor rotation, ading a gear will invert the rotation on the spur gear.