RC Enthusiast

Potential Buyer here

So looking at getting the E-maxx Brushless Edition. Now im just putting ths out there, but im looking at this as my first electric monster truck. I have my revo 3.3 that im trying 2 sell because i learned that nitro is harder than it looks, and just the fact that i get frustrated when things dont work such as the ez-start. So my main question is; Is it a decent beginner truck on 7-cell Nimh? And if not, why? Right now my top two trucks are this or the Slash 4x4 ultimate.

Thanks,
    Michael

RC Qualifier
    I started out with my Emax brushless 5 years ago (using Nims) & I haven't regretted it. I've had a lot of fun with it & with my Spartan. My Spartan was my first boat.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok, thanks! I guess im going for the e-maxx then!!

Thanks,
    Michael

RC Qualifier
    I was once in that same boat. I had 3 Tmaxx's and thought nitro was my thing. Yes they are fun when running but a pain when having trouble. I got my hands on a brushless truck and that was the end of it. Sold my nitro 's on Ebay and run nothing but brushless. I love it much more and so do my neighbors...

You won't regret getting an EMBE.

Edited for bypassing the language filter. Please do not use acronyms to get around the language filter--doing so is against the forum rules.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-25-2013 at 03:45 PM.
    Big Air Don't Care

RC Qualifier
    Get the Slash Ultimate if you plan on doing any racing or running at a track.

If you just want to bash the Emaxx is a better vehicle as it is more usable on many more surfaces. I have a Losi SCTE but I never use it anywhere but a track, the wheels are simply to small over most terrain that isnt flat, and if the terrain is flat than chances are for bashing, its boring.

In saying that I will say straight out of the box, the Revo is the better handling and more durable than the Emaxx. That is out of the box. On nimh batteries you should be mostly fine with the Emaxx but at some point you will probably want to go lipo. 4s is fine with minor upgrades to things like a arms (go RPM) but you definitely want to look at things like bulkheads also.

I honestly believe you may be better off spending a little more than the maxx and getting the Revo brushless. They are the same vehicle in respect to electronics, servos, differentials etc but the Revo will be more durable for you out of the box. If down the line you want to go really nuts, the Emaxx is brilliant in that there are so many modifications and aftermarket parts to turn it into a real beast, but it is lots of $$$ worth of investment and time.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Suteki View Post
    Get the Slash Ultimate if you plan on doing any racing or running at a track.

If you just want to bash the Emaxx is a better vehicle as it is more usable on many more surfaces. I have a Losi SCTE but I never use it anywhere but a track, the wheels are simply to small over most terrain that isnt flat, and if the terrain is flat than chances are for bashing, its boring.

In saying that I will say straight out of the box, the Revo is the better handling and more durable than the Emaxx. That is out of the box. On nimh batteries you should be mostly fine with the Emaxx but at some point you will probably want to go lipo. 4s is fine with minor upgrades to things like a arms (go RPM) but you definitely want to look at things like bulkheads also.

I honestly believe you may be better off spending a little more than the maxx and getting the Revo brushless. They are the same vehicle in respect to electronics, servos, differentials etc but the Revo will be more durable for you out of the box. If down the line you want to go really nuts, the Emaxx is brilliant in that there are so many modifications and aftermarket parts to turn it into a real beast, but it is lots of $$$ worth of investment and time.

So more durability huhh? sooooo im really confused, im looking on mainly bashing so yes im probably not gonna get the slash, i plan on running on a little track/bashing course (mainly jumps and a banked corner) so maxx or revo? i know this is the maxx forum but i just want straight reasons not to get one or the other.

Thanks,
    Michael

RC Qualifier
    Out of the box, Revo for durability.

Maxx is a great vehicle but you will end up spending more money on it in the longer run.

RC Enthusiast
    So how should i persuade my parents 2 let me have one? The price of the e-maxx was already pushing it, but the revo i just cant make them believe me

RC Enthusiast
    Get the e revo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RC Qualifier
    Whats the price difference? Its about $100 isnt it?

Shorter term investment for longer term gain. To get the Emaxx up to what i would consider the same durability, you are probably going to spend the same amount in the end.

Main weaknesses on the Emaxx even on stock nimh; bulkheads, shocks towers and in my experience i actually bent a couple of shocks. Otherwise the other stuff should be okay but you will need to shim the diffs to ensure you dont strip them but you willl need to do that for the revo.

By the time you upgrade shock towers, bulks etc you are probably in for similar amount.
    Last edited by Suteki; 09-27-2013 at 09:07 AM.