RC Champion

ford is #1 in safety: rollover pics

]so a year ago I financed my first truck. a 2010 f150.
    last friday before dusk me amd my 16 yr old brother were out cruising the back roads hunting. coming arou d the corner a moose darted in front of us and I swerved around fishtailed and lost control. we rolled twice down an embankmemt. neither of us had seatbelts on due to hunting amd.low driving.speeds. he was ok but I broke 3 fingers in 7 differwnt places. the truck did its job amd after seeing the little amount of damage done, ill never choose a diff vehicle manufacturer. ford is #1 in safety.
    his gun was lodged inbetween the steering.wheel and broken in two.

before:

Change the game, don't let the game change you.

Wow, you rolled that thing twice?!? Dang, you can't even tell!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    after the first roof impact it spun us pretty fasr so cab to ground contact after the first hit was minimal.

pretty bummed.out tho. im guessing its written off. in that case my payout.will likely be $5, 000+ less than what I still.owe on it

RC Racer
    Thats a sad way to loose a rifle as well
    T-MAXX 2.5R
    Slayer Pro
    Revo
    Monster Pirate

I"m not sure it will get written off... How many miles are on it?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dudelittle View Post
    Thats a sad way to loose a rifle as well
    took.it into the gunsmith. the barrel is unbent amd its only $70 for a new stock

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    I"m not sure it will get written off... How many miles are on it?
    it just rolled over 51, 000

RC poster
    Hunting from a moving vehicle must be legal were your at ?

RC Qualifier
    They were probably just looking for the animals, and then you drive a little ways forward and let the other guy out to go track down the animal.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC poster
    This thread has the potential to ugly very quickly !!

They were probably just looking for the animals, and then you drive a little ways forward and let the other guy out to go track down the animal.
    a moose darted in front of us and I swerved around fishtailed and lost control.
    Ha ha guess they found one!!!

Sorry, I had to.

RC Champion
    yea we were road hunting. no loaded guns in the truck amd no shooting from the inside of a vehicle

RC Champion
    Glad its only a few broken fingers. Even though the damage for 2 rolls is minimal, poor truck!
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Qualifier
    Glad you're okay!
    God is good.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Good to see you and your brother were not seriously hurt. Stupid moose...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    Wow! That truck barely looks scratched! I had to go back and take a second look because I didn't believe it! I saw the left side bent but that's all I see! Usually the roof caves in and the windows shattered and stuff like that. It sucks that you broke your fingers! Glad it wasn't your neck! When you get better, do you think you could post a small tutorial for how you smoked your lights? I'm getting my license in a week and planning on smoking out the lights on my Chevy Equinox...
    Brushless Rips, Nitro Drips!!! BL Power FTW!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyleb View Post
    it just rolled over 51, 000
    I'm sorry but I had to
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Champion
    Not good. I've seen vehicles on the road that are in worse shape than the roll, lol.

Do you have good insurance. I had a vehicle that was a 98 year model. Rolled it a month after i bought it in winter time. Progressive paid me 7500 dollars. I had full coverage. Funny thing is i paid 6900 at a car lot. I didn't mention what i drove due to war possibilities, cause it wasn't a ford. I myself am only interested in what i walked away from. Peace.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Champion
    Count your blessing and glad you and your brother are ok. I agree with you 100%. I have owned many trucks from all the manufactures and I love fords. Some the best quality, fuel efficient and comfortable vehicles out there.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by vladsly View Post
    Wow! That truck barely looks scratched! I had to go back and take a second look because I didn't believe it! I saw the left side bent but that's all I see! Usually the roof caves in and the windows shattered and stuff like that. It sucks that you broke your fingers! Glad it wasn't your neck! When you get better, do you think you could post a small tutoriaul for how you smoked your lights? I'm getting my license in a week and planning on smoking out the lights on my Chevy Equinox...
    yea I was rwally surprised no windows broke. the tailights are recon LED tailights. the 3rd brake.light is smoked using a product called VHT nightshades. wallmart and canadian tire.sell it. pretty much just spray on tint

Quote Originally Posted by ajcar View Post
    Not good. I've seen vehicles on the road that are in worse shape than the roll, lol.

Do you have good insurance. I had a vehicle that was a 98 year model. Rolled it a month after i bought it in winter time. Progressive paid me 7500 dollars. I had full coverage. Funny thing is i paid 6900 at a car lot. I didn't mention what i drove due to war possibilities, cause it wasn't a ford. I myself am only interested in what i walked away from. Peace.
    the trucks writtin off. my payout.is higher than what I paid.for it so I made.money too!

Quote Originally Posted by mrtwohands View Post
    Count your blessing and glad you and your brother are ok. I agree with you 100%. I have owned many trucks from all the manufactures and I love fords. Some the best quality, fuel efficient and comfortable vehicles out there.
    yea I agree. there's a.reason the f150 has been the best selling half ton pickup for 30 + Years

RC Qualifier
    I'm glad you and your brother are ok. There have been a lot of mechanical and design advances in vehicles. Two years ago a friend of mine was coming back from a welding job in December (driving a 2008 Dodge 3500 quad cab long bed), he went to slow down for a turn and instead slid straight into a ditch. The welder flew up and landed on the cap before flipping again and landing on the roof of the truck. After a crane lifted up the truck, the only damage was a dented in hood, fenders, broken head lights and grill, and scrape marks on the roof from the welder.

P.S. Don't start a flame war, there are disadvantages and advantages with every vehicle brand
    kawasaki summit, revo& slash; regular rusty, pede

RC Champion
    funny you mention that. im welding . im sure welding skid that was bolted to his bed helped a bit.