RC Enthusiast

Brushless system suggestions?

Hey

Just ordered a Telluride as it seems to fill most of the criteria i want from my rc car

But i want to put in a brushless sensored system to make the car be able to crawl/trail aswell bash abit.

So i want to know if anyone have and tip on an affordable system i can find on ebay?

Thanks in advance

RC Qualifier
    I was thinking about this combo, HobbyWing Sensored system JS4 13.5 2500kv, $120.00. 2s only Light Trail Truck use only, Geared 11-54 32p = 17mph with a total reduction of 14:1.

http://www.falconsekido.com/products...combo-for-1-10

This system will also handle bashing, 3500kv

http://www.funshobby.com/index.php/p...IPPING%29.html

I don't have any experience with either of these systems, but have researched them. Its hard to find a do it all system.

The motor and esc I do use, and am very happy with is a Tekin PRO4 4000kv mated with a MMP geared 12, 54 32p. 2s only = 35mph down to a crawl with v1.32 firmware. This is in a Slash MT chassis.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaky17 View Post
    I was thinking about this combo, HobbyWing Sensored system JS4 13.5 2500kv, $120.00. 2s only Light Trail Truck use only, Geared 11-54 32p = 17mph with a total reduction of 14:1.

http://www.falconsekido.com/products...combo-for-1-10

This system will also handle bashing, 3500kv

http://www.funshobby.com/index.php/p...IPPING%29.html

I don't have any experience with either of these systems, but have researched them. Its hard to find a do it all system.

The motor and esc I do use, and am very happy with is a Tekin PRO4 4000kv mated with a MMP geared 12, 54 32p. 2s only = 35mph down to a crawl with v1.32 firmware. This is in a Slash MT chassis.
    Hello, I'm using a CC 2800kv 4 pole motor with an MMP geared at 12/54. I haven't updated my firmware, and I do have thw Castle Link & Programming card. I want to drop down to 11 or 12T for crawling and have noticed that it wants to lurch forward at times. Will the firmware update correct that? Any other tips?
    Thanks!
    AB
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

RC Qualifier
    If both your motor and esc are rebranded CC for Losi, you wont be able to load any firmware. If you have a real MMP then yes, you can benefit from loading different firmware versions. Which one IDK. v1.32 works best for me,
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Qualifier
    Hello, Just the motor is Losi, the ESC is MMP. I'll try yours to check it out. Thanks!
    AB

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    He wants a sensored motor. I like the first one he linked...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    If both your motor and esc are rebranded CC for Losi, you wont be able to load any firmware. If you have a real MMP then yes, you can benefit from loading different firmware versions. Which one IDK. v1.32 works best for me,
    I updated the firmware to the latest, works great now.
    AB

RC Qualifier
    Sweet, when you say latest, do you mean the most recent firmware release v1.46. Not trying to be nitpicky, a lot of people are having problems with certain firmware versions. Its nice to know what combos work. Thanks
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Enthusiast
    Just wanted to add that I changed the diff lube last night to 500k weight in front/rear.

This easy mod works like a charm! Way better crawling!! Did not notice any less turn radius either...

If you want to do some light crawling with this car I think its a must to do this!

Next in line is better tires

RC Qualifier
    Sweet, when you say latest, do you mean the most recent firmware release v1.46. Not trying to be nitpicky, a lot of people are having problems with certain firmware versions. Its nice to know what combos work. Thanks
    Yes, the latest. I'm now noticing a problem. After crawling, I'm noticing that it feels like a "brake" is on, such as the drag brake. The rig wants to come to a dead stop instead of coasting, even from full speed. I don't know if I can "back down" a few versions of the firmware one at at time. What i've notice though, is it's intermittent. I can't figure it out!
    I'll run a few tests and keep you posted!
    AB

RC Qualifier
    Well that sucks. You can change to any firmware you want to, as many times as you please. Definitely keep us posted. Good Luck.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Qualifier
    Well that sucks. You can change to any firmware you want to, as many times as you please. Definitely keep us posted. Good Luck.
    Cool, thanks for the info!
    AB