RC Enthusiast

Do I have a prototype?!

I was into nitro a few years back and remember having to change glow plugs every few tanks and tuning every run. I dont know if the 3.3 has just gotten better, but I'm still on my very first glow plug (from factory and I know you're supposed to change them after break-in) and I still have yet to tune this motor. It runs the same every run and its been ran in many different conditions!

I was into nitro a few years back and remember having to change glow plugs every few tanks and tuning every run. I dont know if the 3.3 has just gotten better, but I'm still on my very first glow plug (from factory and I know you're supposed to change them after break-in) and I still have yet to tune this motor. It runs the same every run and its been ran in many different conditions!
    Congrats! Some glow plugs are good, and some are duds. I guess you got lucky.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

Quote Originally Posted by turntroop View Post
    Some times you can get one of those engines. It happens more than you think, just people don't talk about it. What percent fuel do you use?

For me is rare to change glow plugs, I remember a few years back, when I drove my Revo 3.3 every single week, I think I changed 2, maybe 3 in a few years...
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Enthusiast
    So I had a revo 3.3 a few years back, and like I said, every few tanks I would have to change glow plugs. i wasn't new with nitro, so I cant really blame it on lack of knowledge. I use 20% fuel. Thats all I have ever used

RC Enthusiast
    Mine is the same way I ran about 12 tanks through mine and still using my original glow plug using 20% traxxas fuel

With a proper tune and air-tight system others have had them last for over a gallon.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    I'm about half way through my second gallon on same glow plug and no tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Well I finally had to change the glow plug today I flooded it today trying to start it after it had sat in my car for a couple days. It was too cold, but I was bound and determined to get it started so I could play in the snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk