Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    That sounds even better. I'll buzz ya sometime that morning.

Looks like i'm going to be working Saturday. Gotta love working at a Chemical Plant.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    sweet see you then. I'll be in church from 11:00 to 12:15. I will probably be in alvin by at the latest 2.
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

Yeah same here. 2:00 sounds good!!

I'll Bring me EMBE, not sure if i'll run it on the track though. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Awesome! I just talked to my buddy at the lhs and he is coming too with another guy. Hopefully I can get a video of the erbe to post in here. I'm really excited to get this thing on the track.

I'll see if I can package up my GoPro. I always seem to forget it or bring it and forget to film. The excitement takes over once you chunk a pack in.

I'll bring my Slash, EMBE, & ERBE. The ERBE should be fun to run there. I'll bring my Hyperion charger. I'm sure i'll fly through some packs. =)
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC poster
    I saw that Gorillamaxx Revo on eBay also. You got a good deal on it.
    But that's not a G3R Gorillamaxx chassis, its a G2R Gorillamaxx chassis.
    The G3R chassis is carbon fiber, the G2R is aluminum.
    If you want to pm me your email address I'll send you some pics of my built G3R truck.

- Justin

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    I'll see if I can package up my GoPro. I always seem to forget it or bring it and forget to film. The excitement takes over once you chunk a pack in.

I'll bring my Slash, EMBE, & ERBE. The ERBE should be fun to run there. I'll bring my Hyperion charger. I'm sure i'll fly through some packs. =)
    good deal, I'm bringing the EMBE, ERBE, truggy, buggy and mini 8ight lol...whatever will fit in the wifes's car...and the bandit because my sister is coming along too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
    I saw that Gorillamaxx Revo on eBay also. You got a good deal on it.
    But that's not a G3R Gorillamaxx chassis, its a G2R Gorillamaxx chassis.
    The G3R chassis is carbon fiber, the G2R is aluminum.
    If you want to pm me your email address I'll send you some pics of my built G3R truck.

- Justin
    Good to know, I sent you a pm.

RC Qualifier
    Nice build !

Man we had a blast yesterday. The kiddo is already talking about going to the track (any) again. Thanks for the invite. Come on December. haha

BTW you have some work to do don't you????
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Man we had a blast yesterday. The kiddo is already talking about going to the track (any) again. Thanks for the invite. Come on December. haha

BTW you have some work to do don't you????
    It was a good time except almost all of my cars breaking...I had a good feeling about letting you drive my Mugen but I didn't expect you would buy one when you got home!!
    Time to practice so we can hit some races!

The poor E-Revo did alright until I broke a Summit shaft...WesleyK, how are those titanium stubs coming along??

I didnt know I was either until I started looking around. I actually got a good deal from Tower on it.

My ERBE was doing good. The CVD's kept popping out. Once I got everything on the front end back in order, the right rear starting doing it. LOL I know the rear are probably because of the RPM arms. Ah well I didnt break anything, just had a little down time. If the weather holds up the little guy and I might hit that track again.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    It's addictive unless you break a bunch of stuff like I do...that's why I haven't gone in over a year...but the mugen makes it fun again because it doesn't break

RC Champion

Update: Tekno Revo

Well I have changed plans on this build. I was looking at my buddies freshly built Revo 3.3 and really liked the way it looked. I decided to do a Revo brushless conversion for a few reasons: 1. The integrated roll bar/handle is awesome 2. I have a few lighter 4000mah 40c 5s batts that would work nicely with a Tekno conversion. 3. Vantage carbon fiber chassis 4. I wouldn't really bash it if I used the GMaxx chassis.

So I sold some stuff to fund continuing this build.
    all the plastics
    chassis(x2)
    bulkheads, hingepins, hingepin braces
    body mounts
    Slayer tranny (I just needed the shafts, bearings and case. it was $17 vs $49 for the Revo)
    screw kit
    motor mount
    stock body and platinum body
    servo saver assembly
    Jato shock boots

Proline extended body mounts
    Robinson Racing steel gear FOC
    Robinson Racing Gen3 38t slipper
    Tekno brushless conversion
    Tekno wing mount
    Tekno sway bars
    Tekno front carriers (they just popped up on ebay a few weeks ago nip!)
    Hardcore Racing full ti skid plate (it's not for the extended Revo but I'm hoping that I can cut it and make it work partially. The thing about this setup that makes me nervous is that the bulkheads are only braced with the chassis on top and not on the bottom. )

Parts have already started arriving!

I wanted to try de-anodizing one of the chassis. Soaking in Greased Lightning

RC Monster 1/8 scale diff casses!

It's pretty thin in places. I think that's why RCM doesn't make them now.

the donated ERBE parts (I'll make a roller out of the rest of it and sell it soon)

I'm going to my buddies house tomorrow to buy his Vantage CF chassis. I need to figure out some way to brace from bulkhead to bulkhead on the bottom. Hardcore Racing doesn't show that they've ever made a skid for the extended 3.3.

I'm thinking about getting lunsford pushrods and toe links but
    Last edited by SLW-SVT; 03-02-2014 at 04:55 PM.

RC Champion
    I got some more parts in and started de-anodizing everything . I picked up two full sets of 3.2" Badlands from a buddy along with the Vantage chassis. The holes where the tekno battery tray mounts do not line up on the Vantage chassis so I won't be using it I got all the Tekno parts in and a couple of extra bulkheads and a full set of Summit shafts to use while I'm waiting on custom stubs for the XXL cvd's.

The titanium rockers didn't de anodize so well so I need to figure out another way to do them

I'm working on the tranny tonight

RC Competitor
    Drains crystals works awesome for taking off anodizing just leave it in there with a bit of water until the water and draining mix starts to turn colors and then rinse off don't leave them too long or they will turn black! And I also use a glass jar of some sort cause it tends to get a bit warm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Where did u find metal transmission gears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    thanks for the tip. I'm going to try using the dremel tool first but I'll give that a shot if it doesn't work out

those gears are all over ebay. these are the ones I ordered http://www.ebay.com/itm/Robinson-Rac...item2c7cfba87b

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    I got some more parts in and started de-anodizing everything . I picked up two full sets of 3.2" Badlands from a buddy along with the Vantage chassis. The holes where the tekno battery tray mounts do not line up on the Vantage chassis so I won't be using it I got all the Tekno parts in and a couple of extra bulkheads and a full set of Summit shafts to use while I'm waiting on custom stubs for the XXL cvd's.
    Which are you not using the chassis or the battery tray?
    If it didn't break you can do it again.

RC Champion
    I won't be using the Vantage chassis. Somehow I forgot to research locking the tranny in 2nd gear with these gears but I'm working on that now.

I used the wire wheel dremel tool to sand off the anodizing on the ti rockers. They came out looking like the natural finish front rockers. The flashed messed up the pic but the rockers match front and rear.

RC Champion
    I worked on the tranny today. I had to go to the LHS to get one of these shafts so that the RR gears work with this Slayer tranny. The one on the top

Everything is installed now. I need to figure out how to lock it in 2nd. All the searched keep leading to the "Oomph Plate" or drilling holes. Nothing really for steel gears. I don't have a way to tap the holes so I'm hesitant to drill holes just yet.

I got the axles all put together and mocked up on the diffs. I do have some LST2 CVD's but I'm waiting for Wesley K to make me some custom stubs for them. If these don't come to fruition I will get these CVD's from Unlimited Engineeri They are some of the strongest axles ever made for EMaxx. Pricey, but everything from UE is over-engineered to be the best. http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/...re/13502S.html

RC Qualifier
    Good to see you're still updating this thread. The stub axles are somewhere near the top of my ever increasing to-do list. Been very busy this winter and didnt even get to use the revo for more than a few times. But I picked up the E-revo again at my parents house a few weeks ago, so I should be able to finish them soon!

RC Qualifier
    To lock it in second... in your pic of the open tranny...gear stack of three gears with the top one held in by a clip...top gear and the gear directly below it along with the clutch behind it need to become one piece. You either screw it, glue it, or make a one off piece to replace the clutch. Also when doing this it would be suggested to change the clip out on the top gear for a straight through pin to give you some extra strength and remove the actual first gear to to remove some rotating weight.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyK View Post
    Good to see you're still updating this thread. The stub axles are somewhere near the top of my ever increasing to-do list. Been very busy this winter and didnt even get to use the revo for more than a few times. But I picked up the E-revo again at my parents house a few weeks ago, so I should be able to finish them soon!
    well that is great to hear! I did not want to have to spend $160 on new axles for this truck!

Quote Originally Posted by afterdarkgames View Post
    To lock it in second... in your pic of the open tranny...gear stack of three gears with the top one held in by a clip...top gear and the gear directly below it along with the clutch behind it need to become one piece. You either screw it, glue it, or make a one off piece to replace the clutch. Also when doing this it would be suggested to change the clip out on the top gear for a straight through pin to give you some extra strength and remove the actual first gear to to remove some rotating weight.
    Thanks for the pm and help yesterday. How is this? I need to put shorter screws and nuts..

RC Qualifier
    That could work...sort of...or its the idea. Suggestion to make it work better. Remove the gear from the shaft and Use M3 counter sunk screws in the same holes and use a lock nut on the back and tighten down fully basically giving you two post on the back side of the gear. You could add more post if you like but only 1 would be required (more posts equal stronger grip but more grinding). Slide gear back on to shaft with clutch note where material needs to be removed from the clutch to allow it to sit in original location. Dremel the clutch to make it fit by removing areas identified in the previous step. When you are done you will only have one modified part if you ever want to switch it back to original.

No problem always glad to help. Can't wait to see how the rest of the truck turns out.

RC Champion
    I ended up just cleaning up what I had already done.

Ready to button up

Mounted up. I found this dogbone in my HPI parts bin and used UE drive cups

RC Champion
    a little bit more done

RC Champion
    I finally started working on this truck again. I won a set of Vantage hardened steel center CVDs but I'm having a hard time finding a diff cup that works with the pinion shaft of the Hot Bodies diffs I'm running. I'm going to have to order some new 1/8 scale diffs so for the time being, I'm running stock diffs with the metal I bar brace. I'm just going to go with them until they break. Hopefully they will last awhile since I won't have as much torque with the 2650 on 3s. In the mean time I will try to figure out proper replacement diffs.
    I had to cut the Hardcore Racing titanium skid plate because it was made for the older shorter chassis. I sent the rear section off to a friend to smooth it out and make my cut cleaner.

I got some of the front done tonight, at least progress is finally being made!

RC Champion
    Man I really like that all metal tranny, cannot wait to see how it works. But with that how is the added weight and effect on the trans or diffs.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Champion
    The weight adds a little more stress but the brushless system is much harder on everything but that's why I'm going to be running 1/8 scale diffs and all metal gear tranny. I'm not even going to worry about it

RC Racer
    ive been running RR gears in my revo e for quite some time now and have been very happy with the setup.A little tougher on slipper pads but not bad after changing to the metal ones.

RC Champion

1/8 scale Gorillamaxx ERBE build

Good to hear.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    The weight adds a little more stress but the brushless system is much harder on everything but that's why I'm going to be running 1/8 scale diffs and all metal gear tranny. I'm not even going to worry about it
    Thanks looks like I am going to use your build as a reference for the trans

Quote Originally Posted by slowrider998 View Post
    ive been running RR gears in my revo e for quite some time now and have been very happy with the setup.A little tougher on slipper pads but not bad after changing to the metal ones.
    Yeah I would imagine it would be, I am also checking out other slipper pads options or disc breaks......
    Live life to the fullest

RC Racer
    I used fast eddy bearings in the tranny rolls smooth!
    Seems a little less wheelie prone with the added weight in the center.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    Thanks looks like I am going to use your build as a reference for the trans
    Right On!

I used fast eddy bearings in the tranny rolls smooth!
    Seems a little less wheelie prone with the added weight in the center.
    I know I'm going to have to go with a center diff eventually...but it'll have to be 1/8 scale

Got the truetrack installed

Vantage Racing center CVDs

the front part of the Hardcore racing ti skid

And that's it for now. I need to build the shocks and put the links back together...and a bunch of other stuff

I know that tv remote. lol Truck is coming along nicely.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    What did you end up doing with the vantage chassis?

RC Qualifier
    Truck looks awesome. What spring setup and oils are you going with for shocks?
    Last edited by Babby; 04-27-2014 at 10:53 AM.
    Big Air Don't Care

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    I know that tv remote. lol Truck is coming along nicely.
    my office is the only other room in the house that has direct tv besides the living room!

What did you end up doing with the vantage chassis?
    I sold it

Quote Originally Posted by Babby View Post
    Truck looks awesome. What spring setup and oils are you going with for shocks?
    Thanks Michael, I went with Losi 50 wt front and rear and pink springs in the front and blue in the rear.

And here she sits now:

I need to adjust the rear sway bar links

I do have a clear Platinum edition body too.

RC Qualifier
    You will definitely have to post some videos of this truck running. I have been contemplating converting my Revo 3.3 to electric once my current gallon of nitro fuel is gone. This might be the push I need. Love the nitro smell, but love the simplicity of the plug and play of electric.
    Big Air Don't Care

RC Champion
    I won't be able to post a video or finish the truck anytime soon. I'm going back to work for three weeks on Wednesday and then when I get home my wife is due. So who knows when I'll get a chance