Opposing Football Fans

Up here in Seattle, off-duty police officers are wearing the jerseys of the opposing team to try to reduce Seahawks fans from starting fights, some have been pretty brutal. Is this unique to Seattle, or is this being done in other stadiums?

I love watching football, but don't enjoy going to games. Normally I go to one game a season and there has not been one game that I have not seen at least three fights in the stands. The last one was last year's Seattle-Packers game that finally got the real real refs back. There were Seattle fans roving around looking to start crap with anyone in a Packer's jersey. No fights broke out in our section, but there was over 100 of us active duty military sitting together.

I guess I just don't understand the mentality of paying that much money to be a drunk idiot.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    I agree. I watch the entire game sober. For me, having a few after the game to wallow in defeat or celebrate a victory is the way to go.

There are always going to be fights when you mix a major sporting event and alcohol, but I agree. too many people leave the house that day looking to get punched in the face... In the taxi, I get people that get thrown out before the gtame starts. To pay 100$ a seat and not be allowed to see the game... You right. Idiots.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    Here in the San Francisco Bay Area, I'm pretty sure all our pro teams have
    undercover police wearing opposing teams jerseys. I don't think the repercussions
    here are as strict as Seattle. I heard in Seattle any home team fan caught fighting could
    lose his seating license permanently?

I was at the 2005 NFC Championship game in Seattle. I didn't personally
    see any Panther fans get hassled but I'm sure it happened. Happens everywhere.
    Bash, Crash, Upgrade, Repeat..

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    In Pittsburgh, you can loose your seats for swearing...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???