RC Racer

Bigger fuel tank ?

Has anyone convert the fuel tank to a bigger size ?

If anyone has some information that would be great.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by B-4X4 View Post
    Has anyone convert the fuel tank to a bigger size ?

If anyone has some information that would be great.

Due to the dimensions and the space of the upper chassis, it will be hard to add a bigger tank. But it will be a nice mod to see.
    Bandit RC Racing
    Methuen, MA 01844

RC Champion
    As bandit Racing stated.. Not sure using the existing location you can get anything larger in there. Its a bit of a pain ot add fuel to the car while running, but short of a major chassis mod, its how it it.
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by cenracer1 View Post
    As bandit Racing stated.. Not sure using the existing location you can get anything larger in there. Its a bit of a pain ot add fuel to the car while running, but short of a major chassis mod, its how it it.
    Yea it is that's why I was wondering if anyone has done it before.
    I am gonna bring the car to the hobby shop see if they could do something.

There is different size of tank that i was that was from hpi, hopefully they could do something.
    The 4 tec is a great nitro on road car only down side is the fuel goes way to fast.

RC Champion
    Not sure if you will get anywhere but its worth a shot. you are probably talking about the Nitro RS4 tank.. Its probably too tall anyway. this tank is longer/ wider but short in height.. How much time are you getting from the stock tank. I get about 10 minutes easy, but its not WOT all the time either.

RC Racer
    Not sure if you will get anywhere but its worth a shot. you are probably talking about the Nitro RS4 tank.. Its probably too tall anyway. this tank is longer/ wider but short in height.. How much time are you getting from the stock tank. I get about 10 minutes easy, but its not WOT all the time either.
    I was thinking to run 2 tank together. The play time now is ridiculous I get about 5 to 7 min on 20% side winder gas.
    Does that sound right to you ?

RC Champion
    Its a little less than I get, around 10 minutes, but I don't run full throttle all the time either. I also don't really like running that car more than that amount of time. its a handful at best and I need a break after about 10 minutes. the only time I wish it had longer run times is when I get a group together and we are all running the same car.. but we all seem to run out around the same time if we don't crash out first.

RC Racer
    Its a little less than I get, around 10 minutes, but I don't run full throttle all the time either. I also don't really like running that car more than that amount of time. its a handful at best and I need a break after about 10 minutes. the only time I wish it had longer run times is when I get a group together and we are all running the same car.. but we all seem to run out around the same time if we don't crash out first.
    What percentage fuel are you using ?
    I just purchase another brand that is 30 % but havent try it yet.
    Wonder if it will be better.

30% usually requires a richer setting, thus using more fuel. With the tight mounting location of the tank I've never seen anyone make a clean modification of this part and have it work well.

One thing to try would be a header tank from a nitro helicopter, such as the Raptor 50. This is a special tank designed to catch air bubbles from the main tank while flying and performing aerobatics. The "pressure" line connection is actually the fuel coming in from the main tank. Then you hook the output from the header tank to your carb.

I do not know if the exhaust system on a car with an engine that's so much smaller will have enough back pressure to push fuel through two tanks. Worth a shot though, the header tanks are about $12 - $15.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXAGAJ&P=ML

RC Champion
    To answer the previous question. I run 20% Traxxas Top fuel with all my Traxxas engines. I've occasionally run other brands in them as well, but they don't seem to make much of a difference in performance. I don't run top fuel in my non traxxas motors however.. They don't seem to like it much.