RC Qualifier

What do you use as a music storage on your desk/lap top?

So I have been using iTunes for many years but have not used an apple product for a few years. I have a windows 7 based laptop and an android phone (galaxy S3). So what alternative's are there for iTunes?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

google play music i think as a source or there is free apps in the play store that are good i think a while back i had one that was mp3 download think its still free to download it. google play music you have to pay 9.99 a month for unlimited music
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Enthusiast
    I would try Slacker Radio.

RC Qualifier
    I am looking for something that you can store music on my computer instead of iTunes. I'm too cheap to pay for something to hold my music for me lol. I have about 4,000 songs in iTunes and I want to use something different to store, organize, and play them.

RC Qualifier
    My dad uses MediaMonkey. I prefer iTunes because I have a bunch of Apple products... although I hate Apple software.

RC poster
    spotify > *

RC Qualifier
    F-R I do not like Apple products nor have I owned anything from them in years lol. I don't mind using iTunes but want to know my options. I will have to look in spotify. I've heard good things about their app.

RC Qualifier
    Oh yeah. I forgot about spotify. I use that the most. It's great on the computer. You can listen to just about any song you want with very very very VERY few commercials. You can even make playlists with songs you don't even own. Definitely my favorite.

RC Qualifier
    Itunes doesn't "store" or "hold" music, you hard drive does that. iTunes is just a player.

RC Qualifier
    Yes Joe I know....quit spiltin hairs here lol .

Can you add your own music to spotify? I looked around there web page but didn't see that on there.

RC Qualifier
    I use a USB 16GB flashdrive to store all my music, i use itunes, iPhone or MBP to play it on ..

MBP = MacBook Pro

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtwohands View Post
    Yes Joe I know....quit spiltin hairs here lol .

Can you add your own music to spotify? I looked around there web page but didn't see that on there.

Yeah it automatically shows all of the music on your computer. There are tabs on the right side and one is called "local files" or "my music" or something like that. Inside that tab is just like iTunes.

RC Qualifier
    Awesome. Thank you for all the replies. I will have to check into Spotify and maybe a few others I saw.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I use a NAS. Works excellent over my wifi.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    I just use a music file on the computer. Then if I wanted to, I could put the music on a USB flash drive.
    Never trust a fart.

RC Champion
    Mine is stored on a 1TB drive in the pc...then it either goes into a usb stick,my phone,itunes,or on an SD card...depending on where I want to play it.
    To listen to music on the pc...I either use Windows media player for songs stored on the pc...or if I want to stream music...I use either iHeart Radio or Jango.
    Last edited by dcfox; 09-28-2013 at 12:30 PM.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Champion
    Spotify is excellent, and free if you don't mind a couple adds here and there. Look into the options, good deal all around.
    Matthew 7:7

My laptop has a second bay for another hard drive so I got the cables and added a 500GB 7200rpm hard drive purely for storage. The main reason I did this was my music, movie, and photo files are absolutely huge and I didn't want them on my OS drive which is a 128GB OCZ solid state drive (which I upgraded to) that I only use for programs and windows OS. Like said before iTunes is only a music management program for Apple products and is not needed to play music or handle your music on your computer. Traditional method for Windows is a simple My Music folder for your MP3 files and the Windows Media Player plays them.

If you want to go a simple route and move your music files off of your OS drive and it's a fairly good size of music file (say 20 to 30 Gigs) then an external hard drive would be ideal and can be picked up at any electronic store Best Buy Etc.
    Last edited by CarGuy7a; 09-28-2013 at 11:15 PM.