RC Enthusiast

Jato Shutting Down

Hey guys, why does my Jato die after driving it then braking and idling for about 5 second or when I try to accelerate?

When it dies, does it rev up, or down?
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Enthusiast
    Down kind of... Im breaking in the engine... I dont think it has hit second gear yet... I still have yet to see wheelies

Oh! Your breaking in the engine? Ha ha, there's you problem! That's normal, it should run better once the break in is done.

RC Enthusiast
    `Yeah, I leaned the high speed needle a bit more and it kicked into second gear better, faster but still no wheelies... I am just finishing up with tank 5... Why no wheelies?

could the car shutting off while in idle mean the idle switch is too lean?
    Last edited by Double G; 09-21-2013 at 08:48 PM. Reason: merge

`Yeah, I leaned the high speed needle a bit more and it kicked into second gear better, faster but still no wheelies... I am just finishing up with tank 5... Why no wheelies?
    Some times it takes the engine almost a full gallon before it fully "wakes up". It could also be that the slipper clutch is loose. Don't worry about the wheelies yet, they should come in time.

could the car shutting off while in idle mean the idle switch is too lean?
    Don't worry, during break in the engine will shut off randomly all the time. Don't touch the needles, they are set just right for the break in. Once the break in is done you can start tuning it better. Once your done with the break in, tune it using this.

http://www.rcnitrotalk.com/misc/tuning-flowchart.pdf
    Last edited by Double G; 09-21-2013 at 08:49 PM. Reason: merge

RC Enthusiast
    Cool, thanks bro... Does that just come with the engine developing more kick? But if the slipper clutch is loose wouldn't that be out of place at the bottom of the chasis?...

Ok... I did slightly alter the high speed needle a bit which I stated earlier, but the performance of going into second gear improved. Is that okay?
    Last edited by Double G; 09-21-2013 at 08:50 PM. Reason: merge

Cool, thanks bro... Does that just come with the engine developing more kick? But if the slipper clutch is loose wouldn't that be out of place at the bottom of the chassis?...
    Ya, everything gets better when the engine is broken in. I'm not sure what you mean about the slipper clutch... Are you wondering how to adjust it?

Ok... I did slightly alter the high speed needle a bit which I stated earlier, but the performance of going into second gear improved. Is that okay?
    You should be okay, as long as you didn't lean it more than 1/2 a turn.
    Last edited by Double G; 09-21-2013 at 08:50 PM. Reason: merge

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah, just half a turn and for the slipper clutch not really.... Thanks... Ill try and keep my progress updated!