RC poster

aarons rally build

I'm pretty much new to electric rc's and loving it. huge car guy already and these rc's give me the same amount of joy and cheaper

a bunch of guys at work have rc's and constantly have top speed ****ing matches with them(drag races). well i now have a rally so i'm hooked on getting it faster and faster. havent been able to get a good radar or gps on it yet but she's quick! my goals are to have a set up for crazy top speeds when i need to beat my coworkers and be able to switch back to a basher type set up when i want to just drive around and have fun in the dirt/street.

not many mods but here they are:

5000 35c 3s
    ofna 1/8 buggy foams and 17mm hubs, just bought these today and havent run them yet.
    23p/50s
    sway bars
    castle esc fan, got it for ten bucks and it fits up decently.

oh and super cool red bull decals on the stock traxxas body. actually looks pretty good!

here she is. if anyone can give me opinions on how to get this thing faster please chime in! i know a motor and esc is in my future but still learning what would be best for me. really wanna hit +75 is that a unrealistic in a rally?

here she is!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Welcome aboard.... your Rally looks nice love the red bull stickers giving it a touch up.

to hit 75 you probably need to get MMP/2400 or MM/2650 on 4s and gear it tall as you can.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Champion
    Nice, you know the Traxxas Rally body shape is one of my favorites!

Welcome to the forums! That's a sweet Rally, those Red Bull stickers look awesome!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    +++ what they said.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Nice, you know the Traxxas Rally body shape is one of my favorites!
    better looking than the PL ford focus IMHO.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    better looking than the PL ford focus IMHO.
    Agreeed!

But that's what I'm building, for now
    Last edited by ViperZ; 03-12-2014 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Agreeed!

But that's what I'm building, for now
    funny cause I don't have neither the stock or PL body all I have are GT8

maybe PL should make it a bit more like the 1/16 look then in a heartbeat I will buy one

RC Champion
    Yeah, I wished it was proportioned like the 1/16 one

In a momentary lapse of reason, I was even considering using my PF8 body for the Rally 2 build. I was thinking of it as a rally car it could look wicked if done right.

Then I decided I would just get a clear Rally body and paint my own, but I still have this PL Focus I need to use first

RC poster
    thanks everyone! sooner or later I'll try my hand at painting a clear body but for now this works.

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    Welcome aboard.... your Rally looks nice love the red bull stickers giving it a touch up.

to hit 75 you probably need to get MMP/2400 or MM/2650 on 4s and gear it tall as you can.
    every time i go into the LHS those motors are staring at me....so tempting. this may be a dumb question but would either of those motors be good for bashing as well? in turns of lower kv vs. higher kv, is one good for top end and the other more responsive? i guess i need to do more research on what kv means as I'm not too familiar with all this electric stuff.

RC Qualifier
    WOW HOW DO YOU RUN THAT GEARING ON THE VXL WITHOUT IT BURNING UP? that's crazy with that gearing you should be getting around 75 easy. The 2200 or 2650 can be pushed to speeds of a 100mph

RC poster
    haha i've been monitoring temps and only running it about 5 runs at a time then bringing it back to cool down. however i do believe itll be burned if i push it even more, which is why im contemplating just selling the vxl system and going with a castle system. few weeks ago i bought a 40t spur from a revo and a 25t pinion for it but the pinions too big and hits on the lower part of the chassis(probably a good thing ). it's also a 5mm pinion and uses an adaptor sleeve to fit it to the vxl motor. from my research its not a good mix and just asking for a broken motor shaft, if that's what it's called. I'm not sure if I'm hitting 75 yet but believe me, she scoots!

RC Qualifier
    Oooh nice and clean! I really like the red bull stickers and the rims
    "That don't make NO sense!"