Thread: Erevo vs jato.

RC Qualifier

Erevo vs jato.

So today my two year old boy was getting aquanted with his new traxxas camaro, brushed on nimh with traning mode and my ten year old was running his brushless rustler. Pretty cool to see my little one drive his own car and race around with big bro. Then my neighbor down the street breaks out a nitro car. We can hear him hittin gears and thought it was pretty cool, so I walked over and struck up a conversation. Turns out, its a jato. So I broke out my erbe and we proceeded to race and crash and it was fun! My erevo would take the jato untill it hit second, then it was gone! Normally I'm an electric guy, but man, that makes me want a jato! It didn't even have the 3.3 in it. Now we have a new bashing buddy and can't wait to race some more.
    addicted much....

RC Qualifier
    Haha that sounds like fun! I'd still take the E-Revo over the Jato, a lot less tuning to be done and a lot less work to get'er moving.
    Brushless Rips, Nitro Drips!!! BL Power FTW!

RC Champion
    We've been doing some tuning on a 2.5 Jato.
    It's surprisingly fast.
    I agree though...on 6S...the Erbe should give it pretty good run.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfox View Post
    We've been doing some tuning on a 2.5 Jato.
    It's surprisingly fast.
    I agree though...on 6S...the Erbe should give it pretty good run.
    I don't even run mine on 6s, just 4s. Its so fast I couldn't imagine 6s. Plus I already break right front drive shafts like crazy on 4s. On 6s I'd be curious what the race would be like. I already kinda wanted a jato before last night. And that set it in stone. Pretty sure ill be having some of my cars up for trade in the market place soon! Lol
    addicted much....

RC Qualifier
    For the Erbe to keep up with the Jato 3.3 on top end, you would have to gear it so high that you would loose all of your take off. Then the Jato would out run it, to top speed. My neighbor and I have been through all that. When he gears it that high it get's really hot after one run and he has to let it cool off for 15 or 20 minutes before he's ready to loose another race. Meanwhile, I'm running full speed up and down the street. Having fun. Another neighbor bought a T-Maxx after watching us one day and was very sad to learn that it wasn't as fast as the Erbie. He thought it would be as fast as my Jato because it had the same engine. He should have talked to us before making a rash decision. Now he has an XO-1 and laughs at all of us, until he smashes it because he can't drive and we don't see him for a month.
    Last edited by Mark Ball; 09-19-2013 at 11:20 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ball View Post
    For the Erbe to keep up with the Jato 3.3 on top end, you would have to gear it so high that you would loose all of your take off. Then the Jato would out run it, to top speed. My neighbor and I have been through all that. When he gears it that high it get's really hot after one run and he has to let it cool off for 15 or 20 minutes before he's ready to loose another race. Meanwhile, I'm running full speed up and down the street. Having fun. Another neighbor bought a T-Maxx after watching us one day and was very sad to learn that it wasn't as fast as the Erbie. He thought it would be as fast as my Jato because it had the same engine. He should have talked to us before making a rash decision. Now he has an XO-1 and laughs at all of us, until he smashes it because he can't drive and we don't see him for a month.
    Haha! Thats awesome.
    addicted much....

RC Competitor
    They are really in a completely different league from each other though.......
    2 custom Nitros
    Rustler VXL
    Mamba Monster Summit

What about a jato with a MMM conversion? On 6s...oh those poor driveshafts

Seriously though you could get a rally and supe it up too, lots of options if your only goal is to outrun your neighbor and have fun of course...rustler vxl would definitely give it a run especially with a few mods and a esc/motor upgrade.

I tried nitro for a while, but it was too time consuming and requires a whole new skill set.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

Erevo vs jato.

Speed runs up and down the street...while they are pretty much what the Jato was made for, don't really appeal to me. What else did the Jato do? If you offered to race on other than a flat, open, prepared surface would he demur ? He'd better.
    Still, there is nothing wrong with liking the Jato or that kind of vehicle. The noise and speed of a nitro yield a pleasant visceral reaction.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 10-08-2013 at 07:44 AM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = į

RC Qualifier
    E-Revo all the way! It can do almost 65-70. With a lot less work than the Jato.